2019 Dynasty Trade Talk

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,681.00
I think that's pretty even in value.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,426.98
I'm looking to upgrade my RB depth while shedding some WR depth.

The two WRs I want to deal are Diggs and Amari Cooper.

The team which seems to be the best fit for me has Eckler and Brieda as my targets, they also have Laveon and MIchel, but would be unlikely to trade either.

Opinions on how to approach it?

Just offer them the choice of one of my guys for one of their guys? Is either Brieda or Eckler significantly higher value. I think Eckler is higher value, but not sure by how much, I do like me some Brieda...
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,470.18
I would not trade Diggs or Cooper for Eckeler or Breida in a dynasty. two young receivers are way more valuable that a couple of RBs that have fluid situations increasing their value for the time being.
Great White Shark
My other WRs are Thomas OBJ and Julio...

So I have my reasons :)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,239.76
I'd do Diggs for Ekeler, but not Cooper
I just Saturday trade Cooper for Jacobs straight up, which I think is fair.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,239.76
Caveat, it's always about scoring rules, roster limits If any, depth of roster.
Diggs is down swinging with that offense. Likely will never crack wr1 territory.
Cooper has the new offense and a qb with the arm. You should get a stud for him.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,643.48
What is Gordon worth? I'm thinking a first rounder? I mean I know he's not worth much this year obviously, but I don't want to sell him too low... he was the #6 RB in my league/scoring system last year...

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,946.50
bunnywafer wrote:What is Gordon worth? I'm thinking a first rounder? I mean I know he's not worth much this year obviously, but I don't want to sell him too low... he was the #6 RB in my league/scoring system last year...

I'd sit tight. I think you'd be selling him at his lowest value if you were to deal him now,

Everything I read says he will come back this year.

But if you had to trade him I would want at least 2 firsts or 1 first and 2 seconds
Great White Shark
I have an offer from the Josh Jacobs owner for Brandin cooks. Now that J Ross and Marquise Brown look like they could be weekly starters, Cooks could be expendable. He offered Jacobs for Cooks and 2 future 2nd rounders which seems pretty steep to me.... Check out my team below. Any comments or thoughts are much appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 2 LB, 2 DE, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex

QB - L Jackson, D Carr , Brissett
RB - Kerryon, Devonta, C Carson, ADP, Edmonds, RoJo, Ty Johnson
WR - Julio, AB, B Cooks, C Samuel, MVS, J Ross, M Goodwin, Hollywood Brown, Jakobi Meyers, Albert Wilson, Phillip Dorsett
TE - Hock, J Graham, Jarwin
LB - Keuchly, T Edmunds, Devin White, Jayon Brown, Mercilus
DE - Watt, D Buckner, B Burns, Mayowa
DB - Clinton-Dix, J Simmons
K - Zeurlein

Future Picks:
2020- 1 first, 4 seconds, 1 fourth, 1 fifth
2021 - 2 firsts, 4 seconds, 1 fifth
2022 - 2 firsts, 1 second-fifth
Last edited by jdferguson07 on Wed 09.18.2019, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
I guess it depends on how much you value Jacobs for this year since your RB group is pretty... ugly?

You don't remotely need Cooks, and you have tons of draft capital anyway. I guess if you think you can turn some of that draft capitol into a better value than Jacobs then go for that, but Jacobs is going to get a lot of work and is a rookie.

I'd think that even if Gruden burns him out you'd get 2-4 seasons of good production. For 2 2nd rounders and a spare WR? Not unreasonable.
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,097.60
I think the price is too steep personally. I agree that you can let go of WR for RB but I don't see any reason to let go of those second rounders.

I know Jacobs went first overall in most places but its not a particularly strong draft class overall and I don't see any reason to pay up because of the draft capital.

I would at least remove one of the seconds from the proposal. I may even just offer Cooks plus a third and be done with it if not accepted. I am sure Jacobs will be a solid fantasy contributor but his numbers aren't stunning. He may shake out as a middle of the road RB2 and I am not sure that is worth giving up Cooks for.

Cooks is only 25 and has four consecutive seasons over 1000 yards with no reason to think that he won't make it five this year.

Great White Shark
It depends on if he wants to improve his chances to win this year vs. continuing to build.

Granted, I have a very different look at draft picks than a lot of other dyno owners seem to, but especially picks after the 1st round have almost no value to me. Then again I'm good with the WW, and the league I'm in sees a lot of WW action so there are always other guys to grab to plug depth holes.

If you can get a player who is going to be a plug in starter for your team (which I think Jacobs is for his team) then I say you get them when the price is nothing other than spare parts.
Great White Shark
ubertaco wrote:It depends on if he wants to improve his chances to win this year vs. continuing to build.

Granted, I have a very different look at draft picks than a lot of other dyno owners seem to, but especially picks after the 1st round have almost no value to me. Then again I'm good with the WW, and the league I'm in sees a lot of WW action so there are always other guys to grab to plug depth holes.

If you can get a player who is going to be a plug in starter for your team (which I think Jacobs is for his team) then I say you get them when the price is nothing other than spare parts.

Fair enough, but I think I tend to agree with Outlaw. I don't think Jacobs is a stud or anything... I'd almost prefer to keep the depth and draft capital.

And when it comes to draft picks, I have a pretty decent hit rate. M Brown slipped into the 2nd this year and I also got Devin White with a 2nd (keep in mind we play defense) so these draft picks are more than just your top 10 offensive rookies coming in year to year.

I might regret declining this one, but I think I have to. I feel like I could make a move for someone way better than Jacobs with all the draft ammo and receivers I have.
Great White Shark
Now he just offered me two seconds for Cooks. Price check on Cooks. What do y'all think?
Great White Shark
Well you know your league far better than I do, and I'm not trying to tell you that you are wrong, just offering a different perspective.

I am hard pressed to see how any of those guys are worth more than Jacobs is, as I also think that those kinds of guys are more easily replaced than a guy like Jacobs. Especially Cooks, WR is so damn deep, unless he's going to actually become a guy who can get 1500/12 seasons he's just another WR to your team. Are you even starting him? Would you even care if you started someone else?

And yes, this is dynasty, so the considerations are not just about maximizing score ceilings/floors for this year. But we're not talking about getting an aging vet, we're talking about getting a rookie who is clearly the lead back, hell, lead player probably, for his team. Granted, it's a bad team.

But sure, if you think you can do better than Jacobs with your capital go for it!

I wouldn't trade Cooks for 2 2nds, but I already expressed a disdain for draft picks so my opinion probably not very useful :)

Draft picks always sound nice, but after you finish the draft it's always a bit of a let down I find. There are late round guys in dyno drafts who wind up as valuable as the mid round picks, so unless your hit rate is really high does it matter that much when you are using those picks?

Unless your league mates are also addicted to trading for picks I think pick hunting is a bad way to manage a team.