Cowboys and the cap

Sand$: 41,643.51
How are the Cowboys going to sign Dak Prescott, Zeke, Demarcus Lawrence and Amari Cooper to contract extensions not to mention likely signing Earl Thomas as a free agent?

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said, "We saw what Gurley got paid and we know that’s probably where [contract negotiations with Ezekiel Elliott] starts."

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said the team wants to extend Dak Prescott this offseason.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said the team has opened negotiations with impending free agent DE DeMarcus Lawrence. "I don’t know the timing, but I’m very confident we can get a deal done," Jones said

Speaking Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team will be in the market for a safety this spring.

Cooper more than re-established his ceiling. Headed into the final year of his rookie contract, the 24-year-old will likely be extended
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,331.76
they can't do all of those things.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Sand$: 75,770.64
I expect DLaw to walk.

The Cowboys have always been good at creative cap accounting, not as good at figuring out who's deserving.

Jerry- Deion would you like 15 million or 20?

Deion- Both!

Go with your gut and good luck!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,903.32
endzoneview wrote:How are the Cowboys going to sign Dak Prescott, Zeke, Demarcus Lawrence and Amari Cooper to contract extensions not to mention likely signing Earl Thomas as a free agent?

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said, "We saw what Gurley got paid and we know that’s probably where [contract negotiations with Ezekiel Elliott] starts."

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said the team wants to extend Dak Prescott this offseason.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said the team has opened negotiations with impending free agent DE DeMarcus Lawrence. "I don’t know the timing, but I’m very confident we can get a deal done," Jones said

Speaking Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team will be in the market for a safety this spring.

Cooper more than re-established his ceiling. Headed into the final year of his rookie contract, the 24-year-old will likely be extended

cap hell coming,no 1st rd pick this yr and randy gregory suspended makes resigning lawrence a must ??? lawrence 19-20 million,zeke 15-16 million,cooper 18-19 million and dak 25-27 million 4 players eating half of the salary cap
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,380.48
From what I understand they are not letting Lawrence walk.

If they wanted they could do it, but that would have to wait til next year on dak. You also have to understand that it everything the jones say is on the straight and narrow.
Supreme Megalodon
They have 47 million in space this year.

Sign Lawrence
Sign cooper
Sign earl thomas

Sign dak next year

Sign Elliott in 2 years, but who know cba will be an issue then.
Supreme Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:From what I understand they are not letting Lawrence walk.

If they wanted they could do it, but that would have to wait til next year on dak. everything the jones say isnt on the straight and narrow.
Last edited by rugger48 on Tue 02.26.2019, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Sand$: 114,821.72
They don't have many guys signed beyond 19. They can make it work if they want to. Should they is a different story...
Megalodon
Sand$: 75,770.64
Usual cap management deals for everyone, nominal first year salary with a large signing bonus spread over 6 years.

Go with your gut and good luck!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,125.58
I just don't agree with Stephen Jones:
"We saw what Gurley got paid and we know that’s probably where [contract negotiations with Ezekiel Elliott] starts."

I don't think elite RB's have the value that the top ones are getting paid right now. RB's are just so easily replaced with adequate talent. And a committee approach of backs with complimentary talents works very well.

I would draw a line around $10 million per year for an elite RB. That would be 5.25% of the 2019 salary cap tied up in a single RB.

I would not pay a kicker very much, or a punter very much. And RB's are next on the list of easily replaced positions.
Sand$: 41,643.51
votingmachine wrote:RB's are just so easily replaced with adequate talent. And a committee approach of backs with complimentary talents works very well.

Everyone has said this for years now but I would love to have a "Curtis Martin" running back again personally.

The last decade I've been forced to watch Shonn Greene, Joe McKnight (RIP), Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell, Isaiah Crowell, Elijah McGuire, and the ghosts of LT2, Chris Johnson and Matt Forte so I don't believe it any more.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,331.76
billy sims
barry sanders

chipped beef

the defense rests.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,535.34
endzoneview wrote:
votingmachine wrote:RB's are just so easily replaced with adequate talent. And a committee approach of backs with complimentary talents works very well.

Everyone has said this for years now but I would love to have a "Curtis Martin" running back again personally.

The last decade I've been forced to watch Shonn Greene, Joe McKnight (RIP), Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell, Isaiah Crowell, Elijah McGuire, and the ghosts of LT2, Chris Johnson and Matt Forte so I don't believe it any more.

It's easier to believe when your team has a stacked offensive line.

The Patriots to me try to demonstrate this every year getting an effective running game without spending a ton on individual backs, but having a group whom all contribute depending on what skill set they think will be most effective for the given matchup. It will be interesting to see what Michel does over the next couple of seasons and what kind of money he will be in line for. Almost guarantee the Patriots won't be the ones paying his 2nd contract.

The Cowboys probably could do this well. But they seem intent on following the Rams blueprint of having your one stud take a huge amount of snaps.

That the Rams parlayed their system into a superbowl appearance is only going to reinforce that mentality for the Cowboys I fear.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,535.34
Witten is leaving ESPN's Monday Night Football and returning to the playing field less than a year after announcing his retirement. Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the tight end is getting a one-year deal worth $3.5 million.

Hmmm...
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,430.74
But his announcing career was going so well.