Sand$: 76,493.74
TheJayCutlers wrote:

What?!?!!?!!??!

:lol:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,561.10
Elmagister wrote:
mstrbass2000 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:everything being leaked now is all about negotiating.

He wants more than $30M is a Dak agent leak
He wants $40M!!! is a Cowboys leak

it's all part of the dance

yep,its a dance and when its all said and done they probably fall at 32.5 or 33,i still think thats too high for dak when goat is making 35,rodgers 35

I wouldn't pay him either. But you're using flawed logic. Rodgers isn't available. Few serviceable QB are. That's what drives the market.

yes,thats what drives the market unless you have cooper and zeke to take care too
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 24,005.48
No, they are irrelevant to the QB market.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,216.12
Elmagister wrote:
ubertaco wrote:
Even if we agree that Carr isn't as good as Dak (we don't), how much better would Dak have to be to be worth $40mil?

He's not getting that.

But as I've said, I'd rather suck and get a high pick or sign a journeyman.

Well sure, but these are the Cowboys, they aren't going to decide to tank when they have the hype machine running full speed on how great their defense is, and how great the offense *should* be with a legit #1 WR and a top 5 RB...

I'm all for them screwing it up by overpaying Dak, who is an eminently mediocre QB, and being one of those teams which wins 9-12 games every year but can't get past the best teams in the conference for years.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 670.40
Part of the latest Jerry Jones Interview.

Jones said he's lost players like defensive end DeMarcus Ware -- who was with the team for nine seasons -- because he didn't have the money to pay them after overpaying others. He said he's not letting a mistake like that happen again.

Doesn't look good for Dak
Supreme Megalodon
Striker1110 wrote:Part of the latest Jerry Jones Interview.

Jones said he's lost players like defensive end DeMarcus Ware -- who was with the team for nine seasons -- because he didn't have the money to pay them after overpaying others. He said he's not letting a mistake like that happen again.

Doesn't look good for Dak

I don’t think it’s dak that has to worry. I mean he should be the one who they consider trying to walk from in a 2 years, but they won’t.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,269.24
I understand the superior talent that ZEKE is and I am usually on the side of the player getting their money and the security of a long term contract but not 2 years out!

I think Zeke needs to be made aware that he has run behind one of the best O Lines in the league!

Trade him to Tampa Bay and let him miss what he has now :twisted:
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,953.26
Its a good yr for RBs next year.

Enjoy the Mojitos

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:I understand the superior talent that ZEKE is and I am usually on the side of the player getting their money and the security of a long term contract but not 2 years out!

I think Zeke needs to be made aware that he has run behind one of the best O Lines in the league!

Trade him to Tampa Bay and let him miss what he has now :twisted:

They can’t pay him til next year and doubt they want to use a high pick either.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 670.40
The Cowboys have reached a five year, $64 million extension with linebacker Jaylon Smith who was set to become a restricted free agent after this season, team executive Stephon Jones said.

Of that, $35.5 million is guaranteed.

The news was first reported by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Extension talks with Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and Amari Cooper are still ongoing.

Smith, who was a projected top-five pick, suffered a major injury to his knee in 2016. He tore two ligaments and suffering nerve damage. Instead, the Cowboys took him at No. 34 overall in the second round of the 2016 NFL draft.

The 24-year-old Smith started every game last season and recorded 121 tackles, four sacks and two forced fumbles.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,953.26
Paying Jaylon should help them have a more definite grasp on how many $'s are left

Will it help sign the "triplets" on O? No clue.

But will help the FO to have a slightly better idea of what they can/ cant do.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,317.82
Cowherd had an interesting take on this.
Signing Jaylon was a message.
Jerry doesn't have to pay Zeke.... it's personal now. Jones stuck his neck out for Zeke with all the off the field garbage. And this is how Zeke repays him? Jerry could essentially go scored earth and teach him a lesson here, but is he willing to have a crappy team just to do it?

QB: Wentz/JimmyG RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pollrd, Darwin
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Samuel TE: OJ
K: Butt, DEF: BAL/SEA
--
QB: Russ, RB: Cook, Carsn, Single, Mostert, Darwin
WR: Julio, Godwin, Alsh, J.Brown, Hlywod, Hardmn, TE: Walk/Hock
K: DEF: SF
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,216.12
Crappier...

ier...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,317.82
Pretty sure we won the division....and have been 1st or 2nd in NFC East past 5 years. That's not crappy.

QB: Wentz/JimmyG RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pollrd, Darwin
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Samuel TE: OJ
K: Butt, DEF: BAL/SEA
--
QB: Russ, RB: Cook, Carsn, Single, Mostert, Darwin
WR: Julio, Godwin, Alsh, J.Brown, Hlywod, Hardmn, TE: Walk/Hock
K: DEF: SF
Sand$: 40,887.97
nosman21 wrote:Cowherd had an interesting take on this.
Signing Jaylon was a message.
Jerry doesn't have to pay Zeke.... it's personal now. Jones stuck his neck out for Zeke with all the off the field garbage. And this is how Zeke repays him? Jerry could essentially go scored earth and teach him a lesson here, but is he willing to have a crappy team just to do it?

Yeah, that’s a dumb take by Cowherd