Cowboys and the cap

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,568.64
Been in Dallas for the last 3 weeks and noticed a Change in Jerry’s Demeanor when talking about Zeke
in that period.
I think he truly believes that Zeke owes him something
for sticking with him thru his off field issues in the
Past
He looked bewildered that Zeke would take his “Zeke Who” comment as anything but a Joke
Jerry comment, during the Jalen Smith Extention News Conference about there being less of the Pie now, was
definitely directed at Zeke.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,711.90
Striker1110 wrote:Been in Dallas for the last 3 weeks and noticed a Change in Jerry’s Demeanor when talking about Zeke
in that period.
I think he truly believes that Zeke owes him something
for sticking with him thru his off field issues in the
Past
He looked bewildered that Zeke would take his “Zeke Who” comment as anything but a Joke
Jerry comment, during the Jalen Smith Extention News Conference about there being less of the Pie now, was
definitely directed at Zeke.

Agree. Jerry is verry stubborn. Jerry also loves to win. But above all else, as the PT Barnum of the NFL -any news is good for Cowboys PR. I have always wondered does Jerry really want to win more Super Bowls or just be in the news. More prime time games than any other franchise. Always drama. Hopefully it gets sorted. But I wont be drafting Zeke. The only Cowboy I'm going after is Gallup, and possibly that DST under Richard

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Gaskin, White, JJax
WR: Adams, OBJ, A-Rob, Higgins / Fant, Tonyan, Goedrt(IR)/ Lutz / KC/LAC
--
QB: Herbert RB: DCook, Jacobs, JTaylor, MDavis, Mattson, Lindsay, JJax
WR: Gllday, Ridley, DK, JJeff / Jonnu / Gost / NE
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,426.98
nosman21 wrote:Pretty sure we won the division....and have been 1st or 2nd in NFC East past 5 years. That's not crappy.

So long as the clapper is your coach, you will be a crappy team.
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,097.60

Sand$: 40,099.51
RB Tony Pollard

You forgot one
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
endzoneview wrote:RB Tony Pollard

You forgot one

:lol:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 53,744.55
Reported $90 million to Zeke. Not a great decision IMO.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,872.92
still need to see the structure. I suspect the first 3 years are what matter here. 45-50 million. They might be able to move on after that.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,075.60
rugger48 wrote:still need to see the structure. I suspect the first 3 years are what matter here. 45-50 million. They might be able to move on after that.

Greater issue is 2020 - not when to get out of the Zeke deal. They have enough to sign Dak and Cooper (and they've put themselves in a spot in which they have to), but assuming they do that and don't defer their cap numbers to future years then they may not be able to sign anyone else beyond draft picks and veteran minimum's. They have most of their lineup under contract (banking on rookie Trysten Hill replacing Maliek Collins and have no one to replace brittle Sean lee), but their depth is shot. TE's are still just Jawrin and Schultz, literally no WR's behind Cooper and Gallup.

This is why I said way back when that they could retain all 3, but should they. This, plus draft picks, is the team for better or worse for the next...3-4 years?
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,763.30
Thomas and two young LBs looked very good this preseason, one I think was injured and signed to PS. So, they are good there. It seemed everyone they put out there on the D-line this PS made plays, well except Hill. They kept 10 DL. Good reports on Cobb from camp and Austin is still there but drafting a WR and S will be necessary. I'm a Cowboys homer but will be the first to criticize and I have to say they have drafted really well in recent years and it is getting expensive to keep them but a good problem.

Gilbride said, "I guess it'll be Brandon (Jacobs)."
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,177.66

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
I like Jerry , but Stephen playing his part is very smart.
Sand$: 40,099.51
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones confirmed they are seeking a team-friendly deal with Dak Prescott.
"In my mind, he’s flawless," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. "The only thing we need him to do is work with us a little. But the reason we’re having a negotiation is to talk him into all the reasons why it’s good to have a supporting cast around him. What we’re trying to do is keep this football team together. Other than that, this negotiation would have been over months ago." The Cowboys haven't made much progress on Prescott's extension, but there's no doubt a deal will eventually get done. The sides have the Week 8 bye to try and work something out.
Supreme Megalodon
Your paying close to 35 million Stephen, I mean really.

Why it’s good to have a supporting cast? Yes your correct, but that’s not how it works.