Cowboys and the cap

Megalodon
Sand$: 43,594.86
mstrbass2000 wrote:just wait til amari coopers camp starts demanding top 3 wr pay,zeke demands top rb pay and dak wants 30 million a yr

Then Amari, Zeke, and everyone else good takes a discount to play for the Pats.

Do yur job!

Wicked Awesome! Tom Brady!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,195.18
In a weird way it feels as though when the Patriots have 'too much talent' they don't win (well don't win the superbowl anyway).

When everyone thinks they suck (relative to what it means for them to suck) they win the superbowl.

Their system, their locker room, I don't think they want Cooper and Zeke and everyone else good. I'm still kind of boggled by how they brought in Cooks and then traded him away immediately.

Then they beat the Chargers/Chiefs/Rams with like one reliable WR, a past his prime Gronk, and a bunch of guys who feel as though they could have been replaced by anyone at any time. I mean when they had Amendola you knew they had another 'clutch' play off guy. Hogan or Dorsett? Nah, not the same at all.

But they zig when everyone else is zagging and they run out a 4 headed RB monster that does 'just enough' to force defenses to have to take changes in coverage and Brady just destroys them.

My god, James Devlin is a full back. A freaking full back...
Sand$: 41,310.27
anyways, the COWBOYS
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,195.18
should trade cooper and zeke to the patriots apparently...
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,675.56
I am shocked. Happy, but shocked. I can't believe Dallas actually paid him. Well done!

Go with your gut and good luck!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,216.46
Jerruh don't have a cap
Speaking Monday, Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said the team remains hopeful of extending contract-year QB Dak Prescott before Week 1, but that his deal must be "team friendly."
"There's two sides to this," Jones said. "We've really never just gotten into the weeds in terms with Dak himself in terms of what his preference is. I know he's focused on winning and really getting as many players as he can out there working so we can have a great team next year." Translated, Jones' comments mean the sides are nowhere close to an agreement. The Cowboys also have Amari Cooper and Byron Jones going into the final year of their rookie deals. It is going to be a complicated offseason in Dallas.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 899.98
endzoneview wrote:anyways, the COWBOYS

We have rules here. Once the Patriots are mentioned, it becomes a Patriots thread. We can't just go changing things up now.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,584.46
endzoneview wrote:Speaking Monday, Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said the team remains hopeful of extending contract-year QB Dak Prescott before Week 1, but that his deal must be "team friendly."
"There's two sides to this," Jones said. "We've really never just gotten into the weeds in terms with Dak himself in terms of what his preference is. I know he's focused on winning and really getting as many players as he can out there working so we can have a great team next year." Translated, Jones' comments mean the sides are nowhere close to an agreement. The Cowboys also have Amari Cooper and Byron Jones going into the final year of their rookie deals. It is going to be a complicated offseason in Dallas.

Not sure how team friendly they expect.

If they think he's the guy then it's Nick Foles type money. $20M / year.
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,675.56
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Speaking Monday, Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said the team remains hopeful of extending contract-year QB Dak Prescott before Week 1, but that his deal must be "team friendly."

Like he wasn't team friendly enough so far on a 4th round rookie deal.

Current Contract
Free Agent: 2020
Avg. Salary: $680,848

Go with your gut and good luck!
Great point, and one I’m sure Dak’s agent is making

It’s just going to cost them more if they wait

Kind of why I made this thread though. I’m curious to see who, when and how much all these guys get paid. Luckily for Lawrence he was first up. Now the dance begins.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,465.34
jnadke wrote:

Wilson is most likly going to be the highest paid Qb once he gets his contract. If the cowboys want to resign dak, it’s not happening for 20 a year. He’s going to be a 4 year starter for this team, resigning him is going to be more than 20 a year on that reason alone. You guys are kind if stuck with him , unless you want to start over at Qb. The cowboys best bet getting him signed to something that lets them get out in 2 years, but that’s going to cost.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 76,465.34
If I remember edz posted something that said dak is expecting to get paid too. I’ve got to think 25 million a year is the minimum he’s taking.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,584.46
rugger48 wrote:If I remember edz posted something that said dak is expecting to get paid too. I’ve got to think 25 million a year is the minimum he’s taking.

Yeah, I'd peg him anywhere between Nick Foles and Derek Carr.

4/$88M to 5/$125M.

I assume he'll want to beat Carr as a source of pride so 5/$130M.

Behind an OLine like that Dak is kinda mediocre I'd just tag him next year.

Signing him is kinda dumb. Either he gets them deeper into the playoffs and then you toss piles of money at him, or DAL fizzles out and you fire Jason Garrett and the new coach isn't bound to dak.