Every Rosen has its Dolphin.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 22,061.42
mstrbass2000 wrote:a lot of rosen's sacks were because he held the ball too long and the kid was very slow in reading and recognizing when receivers got open, a lot of his throws were very late to the target,i remember watching a play against the raiders (zero pressure),where rosen had 7 sec to throw the ball to fitz whom was crossing wide open in the middle of the field for a td with rosen looking right at him for almost 3 sec before throwing the ball allowing the safety to come over and knock the ball away because it was so late

One play does not a season make. He consistently had the least amount of time to throw.
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,508.48
Not to knock your analysis, I didn't see the play in question. But a lot of times someone streaking over the middle looks open and isn't. A LB sitting in the middle of the field between the QB and receiver could make a play, and a high throw runs the risk of sailing over into the hands of the safety.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,543.12
I agree that he did hold onto the ball too long sometimes, I've seen multiple plays of that. That is a concern, but with a poor HC and a bad line, he just never really developed that I guess and was playing scared.
Supreme Megalodon
Mid season, but you get it.

Megalodon
Sand$: 43,508.48
Elmagister wrote:Mid season, but you get it.

Checkmate.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:Mid season, but you get it.

Wonder how that held up throughout the season, maybe he got progressively worse. Or perhaps he just had a few blunders but was mostly good at getting rid of the ball.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,759.38
It would be nice if anyone actually watched more than just highlights of Cardinals games I guess.

Can't really blame anyone for not watching much Cardinals football though.
Sand$: 41,576.95
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Redskins are "doing genuine due diligence" on Josh Rosen.
Washington will possibly get back Alex Smith in 2020 and brought in Case Keenum as a stopgap, but their quarterback situation is far from settled. Given that uncertainty, trading for last year's No. 10 overall pick on a team friendly deal would be an excellent move if the price is right. Rosen has also been linked with the Giants, Chargers, and Patriots.

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Supreme Megalodon
If the price is right = if the Cards are stupid and selling him cheap.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:If the price is right = if the Cards are stupid and selling him cheap.

I think the Cards are stupid shopping the dude to begin with. Why move up to a high first round pick to grab the guy if you're going to throw in the towel on him after one year in a garbage situation? I get it's a win now league but that's ridiculous.
Sand$: 41,576.95
The fact that Keim is still the GM makes me believe this just a very misguided smoke screen attempt.

IF this is true and they indeed trade Rosen to draft Kyler, all of the power Keim had is gone. He will never win another battle in the front office against Kliff. This is a no win situation for Keim. If Kyler busts, he’s fired. 0-2 on highly drafted rookie QBs and 0-2 on coaches. If they take Kyler and it works, Keim gets zero credit. It will be all because of Kliff. Either way, he’s screwed.

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Sand$: 112,756.16
Markulous wrote:
Elmagister wrote:If the price is right = if the Cards are stupid and selling him cheap.

I think the Cards are stupid shopping the dude to begin with. Why move up to a high first round pick to grab the guy if you're going to throw in the towel on him after one year in a garbage situation? I get it's a win now league but that's ridiculous.

If they canned the GM in January it'd make some sense. If this is real then it's gonna lead to a real awkward board room. The young coach with limited success gets his guy while his boss gets his guy tossed out after one year? shoot flows down stream and this move would be inviting a shoot storm at the top.
Megalodon
Yeah, I could totally understand it if it was a new GM. Maybe he doesn't share the same evaluation or just wants to clean house, that's fine, but that's not the case. This does seem like a bit of a poop storm if it's real.

@ezv, I couldn't agree more. This would seem like a Oakland situation where Kliff is now the one in charge and Keim is the fall guy for whatever.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,759.38
Is it at all reasonable for the Cards to draft Murry and not trade Rosen?

That would assume they would continue to start Rosen in 2019, and as soon as/if he actually looks like a productive NFL QB (not a given with that roster) then trade him when his value is higher?

There is a big potential downside to that, Rosen not looking good, or even looking worse and his value taking a hit, but if the offers they are getting are not as good as they would like maybe they take that risk.

It's not as though they need the picks immediately right?
Supreme Megalodon
Why would they trade a QB who plays and always viable?