Every Rosen has its Dolphin.

Blue Shark
Sand$: 808.94
FortyofForty wrote:I would trust the Dolphins if they had a record of success. They believed Tannehill was the answer for years. He wasn't. I still don't think they have better receivers up and down the roster better than anyone available to them in the draft. I hope they tank and get a better draft position next year.

Completely agree with that. Wr's in this draft absolutely would have been an upgrade for now and going forward. Evidently they believe greater needs elsewhere were more urgent when they did a triage assessment. hahaha I agree it's easy to see holes in that logic. Im immune and jaded to piss poor front offices making Crap decisions that defy my idea of growing a team. Going down that rabbit hole is an ugly place filled with empty bottles of booze and chain smoked half cigarettes in randomly placed ashtrays..

Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,875.80
FortyofForty wrote:I would trust the Dolphins if they had a record of success. They believed Tannehill was the answer for years. He wasn't. I still don't think they have better receivers up and down the roster better than anyone available to them in the draft. I hope they tank and get a better draft position next year.

The 'they' you are referencing are not in charge of the team anymore though.

Better WRs as rookies vs. the guys they have as vets? They could have added maybe one guy, hardly overhaul the entire corps. It's just not about what you think it's about though. It's about the new coaching and their schemes and if ownership gives them time and resources to put their vision into place.

I don't know if it will be successful even if they get what they want from ownership, but yes, if ownership dicks around again then they will not have any success any time soon.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,947.86
Ross really isn't the knee jerk type. He has had more than enough patience with his appointments.

Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,063.79
ubertaco wrote:

Better WRs as rookies vs. the guys they have as vets? They could have added maybe one guy, hardly overhaul the entire corps. It's just not about what you think it's about though. It's about the new coaching and their schemes and if ownership gives them time and resources to put their vision into place.

I don't know if it will be successful even if they get what they want from ownership, but yes, if ownership dicks around again then they will not have any success any time soon.

I never said they should drop every receiver and draft only rookies (strawman). I think there were several receivers on the board that they should have taken instead of sticking with guys like Parker or Butler. There are not many teams that took zero rookie receivers in the draft. I can't think of one other, off the top of my head. They have their new franchise quarterback. Surround him with one or two great receivers and watch him grow. If coaching was the answer, it would have been the answer last season (unless Gase is bad, in which case the Jets are idiots). Of course, Dolphins management are the same guys who thought Gase was the answer, until he wasn't.

When we can't win the argument, we'll just get you banned.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,999.98
28 receivers were taken. 20 teams took them.

I'll ask again: who was the great receiver taken in round 3 or later that they needed more than a Guard?

It feels like for a couple decades now this team has scrabbled together a roster year by year to compete for 7-9 wins. It's refreshing that they finally take the long view.

Gase is bad. He's already called upheaval in New York in just a few months. Grier didn't hire Gase.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,059.30
Elmagister wrote:I'll ask again: who was the great receiver taken in round 3 or later that they needed more than a Guard?
Richi Incognito wrote:A Guard you say?

An Offensive Guard or an "Offensive" Guard. I can tick both boxes.

Call me. Heres my number.

Put it on twitter.

And FB.

No dont call me right back. I need to go and threaten to decapitate some ppl ... i think i left my Katana under M60s, BRB .... <screams> <click>"

Im a Preston Williams fan (TEN/ COL WR). At least 3rd rnd talent, but like Gerald Willis and others? Off field stuff put him out till UDFA.

Williams was 4th in CFB for deep pass ydge (605yds)

So, MIA got their OG & a deep threat WR w/as good a chance as any, anyway.

Besides, it wasnt just any OG, it was Michael "Freaking" Deiter.

As we know from the tank mock, that means they basically won the whole draft anyway :thumbright:

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
FortyofForty wrote:
ubertaco wrote:

I never said they should drop every receiver and draft only rookies (strawman). I think there were several receivers on the board that they should have taken instead of sticking with guys like Parker or Butler. There are not many teams that took zero rookie receivers in the draft. I can't think of one other, off the top of my head. They have their new franchise quarterback. Surround him with one or two great receivers and watch him grow. If coaching was the answer, it would have been the answer last season (unless Gase is bad, in which case the Jets are idiots). Of course, Dolphins management are the same guys who thought Gase was the answer, until he wasn't.

You said ' I still don't think they have better receivers up and down the roster better than anyone available to them in the draft'.

Maybe I didn't understand what you were trying to say, but it sure looked like you were saying they should have drafted multiple WRs.

Then you said ' I think there were several receivers on the board that they should have taken instead of sticking with guys like Parker or Butler.'

Which again, is talking about taking more than 2 guys in the draft. No one ever claimed you said they should drop everyone, but you clearly seem to think they should have replaced multiple guys with rookies.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,999.98
jamcutpost wrote:their OG & a deep threat WR w/as good a chance as any, anyway.

Besides, it wasnt just any OG, it was Michael "Freaking" Deiter.

As we know from the tank mock, that means they basically won the whole draft anyway :thumbright:

:lol:
Mako Shark
ubertaco wrote:You said ' I still don't think they have better receivers up and down the roster better than anyone available to them in the draft'.

Maybe I didn't understand what you were trying to say, but it sure looked like you were saying they should have drafted multiple WRs.

Then you said ' I think there were several receivers on the board that they should have taken instead of sticking with guys like Parker or Butler.'

Which again, is talking about taking more than 2 guys in the draft. No one ever claimed you said they should drop everyone, but you clearly seem to think they should have replaced multiple guys with rookies.

What they said by their draft was that they couldn't even find a place for one rookie wide receiver on their roster at the draft pick in which he was available. I find that incredible.

If they got a great pick earlier, maybe they wouldn't need a second. If they got a "maybe" then take another shot to hit later on.

Note that I wrote "Parker or Butler". Not Parker AND Butler. It's "or". That means not both of them, does it? You replace one and perhaps don't need to replace the other, based on expected role.

You wrote: "Better WRs as rookies vs. the guys they have as vets? They could have added maybe one guy, hardly overhaul the entire corps." That suggests that I said they should overhaul the entire corps. Those are your words, not mine. Who suggested they should overhaul the entire corps?

One rookie? For sure. Absolutely. Do you disagree?

Two rookies? Maybe, as you got later in the draft. Take a shot. Round 5 or 6, or even 7. Again, do you disagree? For some reason, teams like the Chiefs were able to find a receiver outside the first round. So were the Vikings. And the Steelers. I wish I had confidence in their ability to draft well, such that I trust their decisions to be the work of pure genius.

I don't. I think a monkey throwing darts at a draft list could draft a better roster past the first one or two rounds.

Now, go ahead and critique me for that. Question what kind of monkey? Who trained him to throw darts? How were the names arranged on the dart board draft list? What happens if he misses the throw? And what if he drops a dart, does he lose the pick? :roll:

Great White Shark
Look man, I quoted exactly what you said.

If you didn't mean it, great, just don't pretend you never said it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,678.40
Why is FortyForty's avatar giving a Nazi salute?
Blue Shark
Sand$: 808.94
Elmagister wrote:28 receivers were taken. 20 teams took them.

I'll ask again: who was the great receiver taken in round 3 or later that they needed more than a Guard?

It feels like for a couple decades now this team has scrabbled together a roster year by year to compete for 7-9 wins. It's refreshing that they finally take the long view.

Gase is bad. He's already called upheaval in New York in just a few months. Grier didn't hire Gase.

^^ right there..mans not right in the head.

Mako Shark
Butler.

Harmon.

Right there, man. There's two for you. Anything else I can rub your noses in? :twisted:

Megalodon
Sand$: 39,947.86
FortyofForty wrote:Butler.

Harmon.

Right there, man. There's two for you. Anything else I can rub your noses in? :twisted:

You say that like those two are dead certs. Both fell in the draft because teams didn't want them.

Mako Shark
ubertaco wrote:Look man, I quoted exactly what you said.

If you didn't mean it, great, just don't pretend you never said it.

Sorry, dude. I answered you specifically. If English is not your first language, your difficulty in understanding it is explicable. Otherwise, it's the fault of the education system, or user error. I don't know. One. Two. And. Or. Simple words, apparently hard for some to understand.

So, do you think the Dolphins couldn't have benefited from drafting a rookie receiver this year, as some here argue?