Every Rosen has its Dolphin.

Post Reply  
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12788
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 39,947.86
No.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012
Sand$: 1,063.79
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
FortyofForty wrote:Butler.

Harmon.

Right there, man. There's two for you. Anything else I can rub your noses in? :twisted:


You say that like those two are dead certs. Both fell in the draft because teams didn't want them.


Everyone not taken first overall fell because teams valued them differently. Was Antonio Brown taken first overall? Was Tom Brady? How about Aaron Rodgers? Do the Steelers regularly find good receivers in rounds three through seven?

Not one player is a dead cert. Not one. Not even Murray. Do you think anyone is a dead cert? If so, whom? Pray tell. :-k
_______________________________________

When we can't win the argument, we'll just get you banned.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012
Sand$: 1,063.79
Thought so.
_______________________________________

When we can't win the argument, we'll just get you banned.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12788
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 39,947.86
I shouldn't have come back into this. I can't keep track of what you are saying because its all over the place.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 63602
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 35,062.38
You can list some exceptions, some of whom are the greatest or among the greatest to ever play, but that's cherry picking and lame.

There wasn't a game changing receiver available in the third round, and Deiter was the right choice.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012
Sand$: 1,063.79
I've been perfectly consistent, except when some people lie and insert false quotations into what I wrote, or simply make up things they think I meant to say. I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Image
_______________________________________

When we can't win the argument, we'll just get you banned.
Great White Shark
Posts: 3657
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 14,431.04
Elmagister wrote:You can list some exceptions, some of whom are the greatest or among the greatest to ever play, but that's cherry picking and lame.

There wasn't a game changing receiver available in the third round, and Deiter was the right choice.


Deiter was a great choice in round 3.

Passing on Kelvin Harmon in the 5th, 6th round and Emmanual Hall in the 5th, 6th, 7th is kind of strange, but a lot of teams did that for whatever reason.

But I don't think MIA's receivers are the biggest hole on that roster. Do you have a great receiving core? Nah, but it's probably only slightly below average.

Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson in particular are at least above replacement level; and I believe their production was severely throttled by incompetent QB play last season (Tannehill had his shoulder falling off, and Osweiler is... well bad)
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12788
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 39,947.86
It's a slight hope for Rosen, and I can't believe I am about to give Parker some relief yet again, but I think its possible that getting away from Gase is the break he needed.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 63602
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 35,062.38
I think at this point Parker is what he is. We'll see though.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012
Sand$: 1,063.79
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:It's a slight hope for Rosen, and I can't believe I am about to give Parker some relief yet again, but I think its possible that getting away from Gase is the break he needed.


I hope you're right, because as a first round pick, he's been a colossal disappointment, to say the least.
_______________________________________

When we can't win the argument, we'll just get you banned.
Great White Shark
Posts: 3657
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 14,431.04
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:It's a slight hope for Rosen, and I can't believe I am about to give Parker some relief yet again, but I think its possible that getting away from Gase is the break he needed.


In my opinion, Parker's biggest issue has been health and middling QB play.

The hate on Gase seems pretty unfounded given what he had to work with in MIA.

So the reason for optimism here is that hes' finally healthy and the QB change.
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 63602
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 35,062.38
zuggyawesome wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:It's a slight hope for Rosen, and I can't believe I am about to give Parker some relief yet again, but I think its possible that getting away from Gase is the break he needed.


In my opinion, Parker's biggest issue has been health and middling QB play.

The hate on Gase seems pretty unfounded given what he had to work with in MIA.

So the reason for optimism here is that hes' finally healthy and the QB change.

Well, in the end he had exactly what he wanted.

Parker's biggest issue has been laziness. A soft.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12788
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 39,947.86
Could never decide if he is lazy, lost or couldn't get himself enthused.

Seems like Flores fancies himself as a man manager type, see Preston Williams, Mark Walton. I think he may see Parker as a challenge for himself also.
_______________________________________

Great White Shark
Posts: 3657
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 14,431.04
Elmagister wrote:Well, in the end he had exactly what he wanted.

Parker's biggest issue has been laziness. A soft.


I hear this a lot about him, but what makes you guys think he's been lazy? I don't know too much about his injury history.. but I don't think he's soft given that he refuses to not practice while dealing with shoot that his coaches staff want to sideline him for. (Not a smart play on his part, but it leads me to believe he doesn't lack toughness)
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012
Sand$: 1,063.79
zuggyawesome wrote:
Elmagister wrote:You can list some exceptions, some of whom are the greatest or among the greatest to ever play, but that's cherry picking and lame.

There wasn't a game changing receiver available in the third round, and Deiter was the right choice.


Deiter was a great choice in round 3.

Passing on Kelvin Harmon in the 5th, 6th round and Emmanual Hall in the 5th, 6th, 7th is kind of strange, but a lot of teams did that for whatever reason.

But I don't think MIA's receivers are the biggest hole on that roster. Do you have a great receiving core? Nah, but it's probably only slightly below average.

Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson in particular are at least above replacement level; and I believe their production was severely throttled by incompetent QB play last season (Tannehill had his shoulder falling off, and Osweiler is... well bad)


It's pathetic to demand proof that there is talent in the later rounds, then cry when somebody proves there is talent to be found in the later rounds. Or, perhaps the argument is that there is never any talent in later rounds. Maybe the draft should only be two rounds, according to these stupid arguments. You draft. You take a chance. Or you think there are no better players to be had than the guys already in your locker room. Maybe the front office should take some responsibility for giving the team exactly one playoff win since 2000. Nope. Keep drafting defensive players in the first round. It's worked well so far. ](*,)
_______________________________________

When we can't win the argument, we'll just get you banned.