Ground hog Day/Raiders

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,357.70
OarChambo wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:I'm not even going to address the illogic of defending an overpay by trying to point to another overpay and arguing it's not as bad.

Nor should you - can't think of many worse defenses than finding what you believe is the worst case then saying it's better than that.

it's called being lionized.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,705.94
SJSwarm wrote:from what I've read of your posts, you seem to think he is a hack who benefitted from great coaching in NE.if I am wrong, then I apologize. when i say "the rest of the football world", brown seemed to be the consensus #1 FA OT in the 2019 class. he's a quality pass blocker, and he's lacking in the run blocking department. it wasn't a deep group, so take that for what it is worth.

and i would wager that Cable will be the next scapegoat if the OL underperforms in 2019, so i am not worried about his long term impact.

Can i please ask that instead of interpreting what i write with different words, we just go off what i write?

If i wanted to call him a Hack or Turd or a POS or anythign else, id have done it. Promise :D

Ill reiterate and even add some for clarity.

Hes an unfinished project.
    His ceiling may, or may not materialise.
    Its a big investment for a player that isnt playing to the level hes being paid at (And yes, even allowing for the overpay to get him to OAK, like BUF etc).
    Yes. He has had superior coaching.
    Cable is a step down.
    Yes. He has had a superior QB/ O system maybe Gruden can scheme the ball out of Carrs hands quicker?
    Yes. He has good athletic tools to work with
    Yes. Its his first full year as an LT
    No, i dont think grading out mediocrely/ averagely in the best possible position for him to be in somethign that screams "Worth it" either.
    The Patriots trade the 3.31 for Trent Brown and STILL got a 5.06 back of SFO to go with him.

Now all of that doesnt make him a bad player. Or a player that cant improve. Ive been as clear as i can about both.

Only that there are enough "yellow flags" i think OAK should have a workable contingency - not just for development, but for injury

With upwards of $30million worth of Vet WR talent in the locker room wanting the ball, i dont see why an FO wouldnt.

-------------------------------

Ref being the best FA, thats slightly different to saying im out of step with the football world view on him in my opinion, but OK. No worries.

I could say Bortles > Peterman, but it doesnt mean id want to pay Bortles as the top FA backup if thats what the FA pool looked like, right? :)

(NB: Bortles not a reflection on Brown ... only the premise that hes the best FA OT there)

Ultimately if you dont feel that the OAK OL needs a draft pick on it. Thats fine. Your team & i wish it well :thumbright:

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,479.50
Like I said, if Cody Ford is sitting there in the 2nd and we pounce, I'm good. Or Lindstrom in the 3rd, or if we moved down in the 2nd would make me happy too. Just don't think we need to pull another Kolton Miller pick in round one because of a lack of talent currently at the position. The mantra for this team in the draft needs to be BPA all the way, because the team as a whole still sucks.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,705.94
SJSwarm wrote:Like I said, if Cody Ford is sitting there in the 2nd and we pounce, I'm good. Or Lindstrom in the 3rd, or if we moved down in the 2nd would make me happy too. Just don't think we need to pull another Kolton Miller pick in round one because of a lack of talent currently at the position. The mantra for this team in the draft needs to be BPA all the way, because the team as a whole still sucks.

All good :thumbright:

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Sand$: 114,845.28
bluemist wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
bluemist wrote:The Raiders can address their most pressing needs with those 4 high picks IMO.
Easy to envision them landing some combo of Josh Allen at #4, a starting LG, a starting DB (Williams?) and a safety at #35.

As I previous stated, they still need to nail those selections, but the ammunition is there.

I highly doubt safety is on the list. I'd be thrilled with Adderly in the 2nd, but I doubt that is on the agenda. Joseph played well enough in the 2nd half of 2018 to get another look, and Joyner is entrenched at FS now.
I will defer to your greater knowledge of your team's needs at safety, but I have seen them mocked to grab one at several different sights.

It was a need until this same bonehead coaching staff decided to actually utilize Joseph in the second half of last year. You need to exercise patience with this group - they're at least 6 months behind a random collection of dudes on the internet.
Supreme Megalodon
It amazes me that anyone in here thinks they know more than any NFL coach. None of you even know as much as Jeff Fisher does about the game of football, OR YOU WOULDN'T BE COMMENTING HERE YOU WOULD HAVE A JOB IN THE NFL.

Supreme Megalodon
i did not consider that.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,189.10
SJSwarm wrote:It amazes me that anyone in here thinks they know more than any NFL coach. None of you even know as much as Jeff Fisher does about the game of football, OR YOU WOULDN'T BE COMMENTING HERE YOU WOULD HAVE A JOB IN THE NFL.

I mean...it's not like he has a job in the NFL.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,795.94
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:It amazes me that anyone in here thinks they know more than any NFL coach. None of you even know as much as Jeff Fisher does about the game of football, OR YOU WOULDN'T BE COMMENTING HERE YOU WOULD HAVE A JOB IN THE NFL.

I mean...it's not like he has a job in the NFL.

Yeah, he just coached from 1985-2016 and has a net worth of $20M, I'm sure you are doing waaaay better than that. :lol:

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,189.10
It was a joke. Not that you'd recognize humor.

But no, you're right. He's awesome.
Supreme Megalodon
"you're not employed by the NFL, so you don't know anything and that's why you're posting here, you stupid silly person. now listen to what i have to say in my posts cuz i'm right."

Sand$: 41,690.49
I use to think I knew more than Rich Kotite but I just googled his net worth (which is something we do now) and it’s over $30,000 so now I’m thinking maybe I don’t
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,795.94
TheJayCutlers wrote:

Megalodon
Sand$: 44,064.66
TheJayCutlers wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:

Other reports saying they paid him, then released him.