Expanded Replay in 2019??

Sand$: 42,440.87
Yeah, I can’t wait for the 30 page thread with you people arguing if a cornerback brushed the arm of a receiver a nano second before the ball got there. It’s going to be super.

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,465.62
endzoneview wrote:Yeah, I can’t wait for the 30 page thread with you people arguing if a cornerback brushed the arm of a receiver a nano second before the ball got there. It’s going to be super.

We already do that.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,650.46
Woohoo more commercials, yeah baby. This is going to be great for the viewer with more pee breaks, more time to get snacks, and more time to check ffb scores. This will be awesome.
I can't wait for the extended length of game time to force the network to leave the end of the game I'm watching and move onto the start of the next game. Or even better, move to the next games pregame show of talking heads who then inform me of whats going on in the previous game I was just watching!! Yessss, psyched! Let's go!!

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.
Megalodon
Sand$: 62,537.10
Again, they implemented it in the current challenge format, so it doesn't add any additional breaks beyond what is normally challenged.

In the final 2 minutes, refs can review every play. ]

I like that they included "non-calls" as being reviewable, as this would have been a glaring omission.
Megalodon
Sand$: 62,537.10
The league’s internal analysis also examined the impact of pass interference fouls that were later graded to be incorrect by the league’s officiating department. Between 2016 and 2018, 10.5 percent of incorrect calls were for defensive pass interference. But 24 of those plays ranked among the top 50 in impact on win probability. In other words, 10.5 percent of all incorrect calls represented nearly 50 percent of the incorrect calls that most hindered (or helped) a team’s chances to win.

This is the key point, to me. Incorrectly calling pass interference has a huge impact on the outcome of a game. Better to get it right.
und2006 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Yeah, I can’t wait for the 30 page thread with you people arguing if a cornerback brushed the arm of a receiver a nano second before the ball got there. It’s going to be super.

We already do that.

Nah, what we did in the past will pale in comparison to what the future holds for us

#NewJackCity
Can’t wait for holding (and non called holds) to be reviewed next

#NewJackCity
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Can’t wait for holding (and non called holds) to be reviewed next

I think Cyguy's post best says why that's not going to happen. PI is a big impact play, and 50% of the calls that were determined to have had the largest impact on the outcome of games were PI.

I don't recall ever having a discussion about a holding call that was any more vigorous than "Yeah, maybe... I guess... ticky tack though".
Whale Shark
Cyguy84 wrote:Again, they implemented it in the current challenge format, so it doesn't add any additional breaks beyond what is normally challenged.

In the final 2 minutes, refs can review every play. ]

I like that they included "non-calls" as being reviewable, as this would have been a glaring omission.

My take is simply that not all challenges are currently being used. I believe all challenges will be used now with PI/NonPI being on the table. I envision more reviews in 2 min of each half as well, simply bc it seems like someone is always throwing at that time trying to get points in this throwing league. Add the replays of coaches trying to find the flag, the replay judging the throw of the flag, the close up of the coaches facial expression of the call while trying to find the flag and subsequently throwing it (granted all filler), and then the actual review itself and I see more games running long than we already get.
I would hope they aren't going to show us fewer live plays. They aren't going to reduce commercial time for sponsors. I doubt they'll cut into the talking head blather we are typically subjected to, but they might have to. The minutes have to come from somewhere or get tacked on. Yes, PI can be an impact play, and we'd like them to get it right. I'm just not certain where they'll get the minutes from and that has an impact of its own. I'll look forward to them proving me wrong. I also hope this isn't the start of 2 years worth of trying to figure out what is and isn't PI. I haven't recovered from analyzing catches yet.

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.
und2006 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Can’t wait for holding (and non called holds) to be reviewed next

I think Cyguy's post best says why that's not going to happen. PI is a big impact play, and 50% of the calls that were determined to have had the largest impact on the outcome of games were PI.

I don't recall ever having a discussion about a holding call that was any more vigorous than "Yeah, maybe... I guess... ticky tack though".

All it takes is one missed call in a big moment to change that

#NewJackCity
Megalodon
Sand$: 51,626.58
Yay for more commercials!
Teams are allowed to use 2 challenges per game, 3 if they win both. I would imagine teams will use both/all challenges more often now. I can't find the stats for how many challenges/game each team used right now...

When can we get gameflow like soccer (futbol) with no commercials other than half-time? Sell advertising on the jerseys, rolling banners, etc. Probably never sadly.
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:
und2006 wrote:

People don't get up in arms about holding, because they know some degree of it happens on every down. I can't recall a holding call that was so clear and obviously wrong that someone mustered anything beyond a token grumble about it.
Whale Shark
und2006 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

People don't get up in arms about holding, because they know some degree of it happens on every down. I can't recall a holding call that was so clear and obviously wrong that someone mustered anything beyond a token grumble about it.[/quote]

You are overlooking the holding call not made that allowed the QB to uncork a game changing throw that there was clearly no PI on besides the obvious PI that wasn't. Perhaps you missed it because the network went to another game, I don't know.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,681.54
und2006 wrote:People don't get up in arms about holding, because they know some degree of it happens on every down. I can't recall a holding call that was so clear and obviously wrong that someone mustered anything beyond a token grumble about it.

Ehh...

I recall conversations about holding or non-holding calls on plays which resulted in TDs, or 4th down conversions.

Sure, usually only care about calls in the 4th quarter or last 2m (which by the way, there is no limit on reviews, so that's where people are talking about the game being stretched out).

I mean, whatever, we're on our way to just having someone review every play for every potential missed call. Because, at some point, someone will get screwed on something else which is currently not reviewable and then, yeah, the Sean Peytons of the world will throw another huge tantrum until they get their way.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,523.14
Jcb890 wrote:I would imagine teams will use both/all challenges more often now.

I don't see why.

Remember a failed challenge still gets penalized with a Timeout which are very valuable unless you're Jason Garrett.

PI is a very circumstantial play and overturning requires clear and obvious.