Gronk retires.

Megalodon
Sand$: 64,879.06
And if he somehow came back, I don't expect him to help in FF, he would come back for the playoffs or something.
Sand$: 43,665.35
I’d still hold him until Week 1 just to be safe (if you could)
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:I’d still hold him until Week 1 just to be safe (if you could)

Now don't go getting my homer hopes up like that.
Sand$: 43,665.35

And the click bait headline says ——

Retired TE Rob Gronkowski didn't rule out returning to the NFL this season.
Megalodon
That is a clickbait headline.

But I'm still of the mind that if Gronk could somehow come back in Week 15 and play in the playoffs, without any of the other bullpoop, he would. I doubt that is a possibility, and it is an open question whether he would be in game shape or even be able to make a difference, but I think he would enjoy the playoffs without the grind/injury risk during the season.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,170.86
Gronkowski will be partnering with Abacus Health Products to advocate that cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is an acceptable, alternative way for players to deal with pain. Cannabis of any kind, including CBD, is currently on the league’s list of banned substances. Gronkowski said his dad introduced him to CBD products following his retirement in March, and, as a result, he’s felt pain-free “for the first time in over a decade.

He can't even consider returning unless he's willing to possibly lose his pain-freeness (assuming it's a maintenance sort of thing) or can somehow convince the league to remove it from the banned list.

Veritas Odium Parit
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,876.36
Sad Gronk makes my heart cry.

Megalodon
Sand$: 21,546.86
CBD being against policy makes zero sense. Cannabis in general being illegal makes no sense but CBD doesn't even get you high.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,140.02
Many of the owners probably have stock in opioids.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,661.59
The whole CBD thing bothers me, though. It's a cure-all! Works for everything!

Snake oil, i tells ya.
Megalodon
NautArch wrote:The whole CBD thing bothers me, though. It's a cure-all! Works for everything!

Snake oil, i tells ya.

Anyone that says CBD or cannabis is cure-all and works for everything is extremely ignorant. There are plenty of reasons to seek other treatment rather than use cannabis.

The other extreme end is just as ignorant though because it really does help with some stuff. Pain management, stress management, insomnia, etc. etc. Plenty of uses for it and it can be a much better alternative to other drugs that can be addicting, cause liver damage, or side effects in general.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:Many of the owners probably have stock in opioids.

:lol: Wouldn't put it past them.

I'd think CBD would be allowed before they allow all types of cannabis and hopefully it's not too long before they do. Probably will have to wait for all these baby boomers to die off first before players are allowed to consume marijuana though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,661.59
Markulous wrote:
NautArch wrote:The whole CBD thing bothers me, though. It's a cure-all! Works for everything!

Snake oil, i tells ya.

Anyone that says CBD or cannabis is cure-all and works for everything is extremely ignorant. There are plenty of reasons to seek other treatment rather than use cannabis.

The other extreme end is just as ignorant though because it really does help with some stuff. Pain management, stress management, insomnia, etc. etc. Plenty of uses for it and it can be a much better alternative to other drugs that can be addicting, cause liver damage, or side effects in general.

Is it safe? Show me the studies. Cannabis or CBD, I want research before saying it's effective or safe. Anecdotal evidence can be helpful, but it's so new that the anecdotal evidence doesn't do much for me beyond raise my placebo effect questions.
Megalodon
But if everyone has the placebo effect.... it is no longer a placebo effect :)

I'm skeptical of things but have heard from many that it is beneficial. I worry about negative side effects or complications, but I think it does really help with pain on a daily level for some people.
Megalodon
NautArch wrote:
Is it safe? Show me the studies. Cannabis or CBD, I want research before saying it's effective or safe. Anecdotal evidence can be helpful, but it's so new that the anecdotal evidence doesn't do much for me beyond raise my placebo effect questions.

I'm assuming you're being rhetorical since there haven't been tons of studies on cannabis due to it being illegal for so long. There are obviously some studies you can google though.

You mean CBD is a placebo or cannabis in general?