Gronk retires.

Megalodon
Sand$: 20,934.70
Tony was awesome, but I'd take prime Gronk also.
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,934.70
Sand$: 41,723.33
I’d be shocked if Gronk would be in game shape. There’s going to be months of margaritas in his future
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,800.56
I read that Gronk retired so he could move to an island with no internet in an effort to avoid accidentally seeing a video of his boss getting a handjob.
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,853.74
One of my favorite players to watch, as he was such a kid having fun out there and because he was insane to bring down.

I'll admit I was wrong, I didn't think there was any way that he would retire before Brady. I'm sad, but wish him the best.
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,853.74
TheJayCutlers wrote:I read that Gronk retired so he could move to an island with no internet in an effort to avoid accidentally seeing a video of his boss getting a handjob.

That is definitely a perk that most employees didn't realize that they had.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,693.50
It's a day of mourning for Patriots fans. I'm just touched by the show of support and response of solidarity in the use of a black font in all posts. I'm sure it will continue for the rest of the upcoming season as well. Thanks to all.

Bulletin National Drought Prevention Center: Let the hate flow. Make America Wet Again. One tear at a time.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,398.24
TheJayCutlers wrote:I read that Gronk retired so he could move to an island with no internet in an effort to avoid accidentally seeing a video of his boss getting a handjob.

I still don't understand why the video needs to be released to the public. Is that a law thing. Why does that need to happen?

And another thing, a thread about the greatest Tight End and all that has been mentioned is Gronk and Gonzo. No rump jokes. No pics of girls butts. Very disappointing.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,222.82
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,094.36
db45655 wrote:

I still don't understand why the video needs to be released to the public. Is that a law thing. Why does that need to happen?

And another thing, a thread about the greatest Tight End and all that has been mentioned is Gronk and Gonzo. No rump jokes. No pics of girls butts. Very disappointing.

As I understand it, Florida has a very open law regarding access to criminal case materials. It's why you hear so many Florida Man stories, the details of all those cases are public.
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,700.34
Why is everybody just happy calling him the best TE rather than one of the best offensive players ever?

I imagine this will be anything but retirement for Gronk. Wrestling, TV, films, podcasting. Dude will have fun jumping from format to format and getting everywhere.

Cheers for the football, Gronk. Best luck on next chapter.

Megalodon
Sand$: 52,170.08
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Why is everybody just happy calling him the best TE rather than one of the best offensive players ever?

I imagine this will be anything but retirement for Gronk. Wrestling, TV, films, podcasting. Dude will have fun jumping from format to format and getting everywhere.

Cheers for the football, Gronk. Best luck on next chapter.

Much too hard to break down, IMO.
One of the best TE's ever? Definitely.
One of the best offensive players ever? Debatable. QB's, RB's, WR's and O-Linemen all included in the discussion if you go that route.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,613.96
I think it's totally fair to say Gronk was one of the best offensive players of all time.

Dude absolutely needed to be game planned against, he made the Patriots offensive schemes at times, because, really who else did they have on that offense who anyone really cared about?

Besides Brady obviously.

Gronk was as multidimentional as you would hope a pass catcher could be. Blocked, ran precise routes, made amazing catches...

'Best TE ever' doesn't do him enough justice. Only knock is short career, but it was still long enough for him to show his versatility as well as his ceiling, which he reached when he wasn't banged up.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,400.62
ubertaco wrote:I think it's totally fair to say Gronk was one of the best offensive players of all time.

Dude absolutely needed to be game planned against, he made the Patriots offensive schemes at times, because, really who else did they have on that offense who anyone really cared about?

Besides Brady obviously.

Gronk was as multidimentional as you would hope a pass catcher could be. Blocked, ran precise routes, made amazing catches...

'Best TE ever' doesn't do him enough justice. Only knock is short career, but it was still long enough for him to show his versatility as well as his ceiling, which he reached when he wasn't banged up.

“Best te ever doesn’t do him enough justice.” We forgetting other people who play the position.
Sand$: 41,723.33
I know Tony G has the numbers but I think Gronk could have played in any era. I don't think I could say the same thing about Gonzales. Let's remember some old guys though that should be in the conversation. Atop my list is Kellen Winslow. Ozzie Newsome was pretty damn good too.