Gronk retires.

Megalodon
Sand$: 20,933.62
rugger48 wrote:
Markulous wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Can we compare t.o. and moss and say one is better than the other?

Probably not, but if Moss worked as hard as TO did then maybe we could.

Except moss has comparable numbers and I wouldnt exactly say to is better.

Except we agree I think?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,400.62
Your previous insinuated that you thought to was better.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,243.02
No tight end in the history of the NFL was as dominant as Rob Gronkowski was. His presence in the middle of the field opened up all kinds of space for Brady underneath. He's a first ballot hall of famer in my eyes. He was the best tight end in the NFL in just about every season he played in. He was a generational talent that made a tremendous impact for his team and has incredible numbers to back it up. Those type of players are first ballot worthy, in my opinion.

The Patriots offense will miss him big time in 2019, especially Brady.

Deep Crimson
Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:Your previous insinuated that you thought to was better.

In a hypothetical scenario where Moss worked harder, yes maybe, but that's just a theory. I wouldn't put either one ahead of each other.
Supreme Megalodon
Markulous wrote:

In a hypothetical scenario where Moss worked harder, yes maybe, but that's just a theory. I wouldn't put either one ahead of each other.

Right, my point moss was one dimensional
Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Right, my point moss was one dimensional

Oh ok, I didn't realize that was your point. I thought we were just comparing the two guys (or agreeing we can't determine who's better).
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:I know Tony G has the numbers but I think Gronk could have played in any era. I don't think I could say the same thing about Gonzales. Let's remember some old guys though that should be in the conversation. Atop my list is Kellen Winslow. Ozzie Newsome was pretty damn good too.

But wouldnr it be the opposite. Gronk missed games because he was hit a lot, so increase the contact what would happen? Wouldnt a te like gonzo benefit from today’s nfl?

I think gronks s great te and I think gonzo is a great te.
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,170.08
und2006 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Conor McGregor just retired from MMA.
How long until we see a McGregor vs. Gronk WWE match or see them as tag-team teammates in a big PPV?

I think Mr McGregor is about to have a huge drop in star power. It's becoming more and more apparent how he's a terrible person.

Agreed, they'd need to do it soon for McGregor to have any relevance.
Doesn't Ronda Rousey still get WWE gigs though?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,613.96
rugger48 wrote:“Best te ever doesn’t do him enough justice.” We forgetting other people who play the position.

No.

We're recognizing that he was as good a blocker as he was a receiver. He was more than a TE in as much as the NFL positional designations are sometimes not perfect at describing how a player is actually used. Or at least how people think about those positional designations change over time.

Ask your former bestie Leveon if he agrees.

I'm not saying Gronk is the best player ever to play football because the differences in value of different positions is pretty important. I'm saying that he transcended the TE position by itself.

It may be more difficult to realize this now, since it's 10 years after Gronk and the Patriots built a modern offense around 2 TEs.

Gronks receiving numbers are good enough for me to say he was better than guys like Gates or Gonzo, what he did in total for that offense simply puts him on a different level than those guys ever reached.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,222.82
Jcb890 wrote:
und2006 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Conor McGregor just retired from MMA.
How long until we see a McGregor vs. Gronk WWE match or see them as tag-team teammates in a big PPV?

I think Mr McGregor is about to have a huge drop in star power. It's becoming more and more apparent how he's a terrible person.

Agreed, they'd need to do it soon for McGregor to have any relevance.
Doesn't Ronda Rousey still get WWE gigs though?

Rousey is very popular in the WWE. She's Raw Women's champ.
Supreme Megalodon
ubertaco wrote:
rugger48 wrote:“Best te ever doesn’t do him enough justice.” We forgetting other people who play the position.

No.

We're recognizing that he was as good a blocker as he was a receiver. He was more than a TE in as much as the NFL positional designations are sometimes not perfect at describing how a player is actually used. Or at least how people think about those positional designations change over time.

Ask your former bestie Leveon if he agrees.

I'm not saying Gronk is the best player ever to play football because the differences in value of different positions is pretty important. I'm saying that he transcended the TE position by itself.

It may be more difficult to realize this now, since it's 10 years after Gronk and the Patriots built a modern offense around 2 TEs.

Gronks receiving numbers are good enough for me to say he was better than guys like Gates or Gonzo, what he did in total for that offense simply puts him on a different level than those guys ever reached.

Problem is your not giving credit to whats around gronk. Stick tony in the same situation He might better, and might have been as good a blocker.

And before you jump on that lets remember , the pats oline coach has been in NE longer than BB, Brady also helps that oline with his reads.

Can you name a Qb who is top 20 that’s thrown the ball to gonzo? Maybe Ryan, but I doubt it. Who does gronk have throwing the ball to him? What some consider to be the greatest Qb ever.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,800.56
Elm wrote:Rousey is very popular in the WWE. She's Raw Women's champ.

Until The Man comes around at Wrestlemania
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:

Problem is your not giving credit to whats around gronk. Stick tony in the same situation He might better, and might have been as good a blocker.

And before you jump on that lets remember , the pats oline coach has been in NE longer than BB, Brady also helps that oline with his reads.

Can you name a Qb who is top 20 that’s thrown the ball to gonzo? Maybe Ryan, but I doubt it. Who does gronk have throwing the ball to him? What some consider to be the greatest Qb ever.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!

The facts are just what the facts are. Can't really do anything other than accept them for what they are.
Supreme Megalodon
ubertaco wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!

The facts are just what the facts are. Can't really do anything other than accept them for what they are.

But your ignoring the facts.
Great White Shark
And you want to play make believe.

Gronk did what he did. You can't really try to argue about what Gonzo might have done, he also did what he did.