Gronk retires.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,210.92
Honestly I think we are really splitting hairs....

...anyone know how to get a good shave..duh huh
Megalodon
Sand$: 63,876.76
db45655 wrote:
Markulous wrote:So obviously he's going into the HoF. First ballot, right?

The only reason someone may not vote for him is the short career, but he really should be first ballot without question. Of course if I was voting I'd probably hold the stage dancing against him more than the short career.

Great career. That awesome catch that he made in the Super Bowl that led to the TD is a great catch for him to end his career with.

I'm guessing at least someone will not vote for him due to the short career. I think he deserves to go first ballot, but it is worth mentioning that his career numbers are inflated relative to other TEs as he didn't continue playing past his prime.

I think it is fitting that he ends his career scoring 0.69 TD per game, and that in his final game he had exactly 87 yards. Also, that catch is one of the most memorable catches of his career.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/3/26/18 ... retirement

Note that #11 is actually a block - Gronk blocked all-Pro Haloti Ngata one on one for a rushing TD.
#9 is a video of multiple plays, but the most amazing catch is at 1:38 where Gronk caught a low pass with his fingertips. (Trigger Warning: Steeler fans may not enjoy the video, as Gronk caught three straight passes for the game winning drive)
Megalodon
Those game clips really illustrate how Gronk was such an amazing player -- he was huge (tough for a DB to tackle), fast enough to outrun a LB, and had amazing hands. And he could block really well too.

I think the game-summary clips best illustrate the impact Gronk could have on a game, especially #4 and #9 -- Gronk had short catches with a lot of yards after contact, some great red zone TDs, and he could also go deep from time to time.

Brady is amazing and the Patriots would have found a mismatch to exploit with other players, but Gronk created problems for opposing defenses and was a large reason the Patriots won their last three Super Bowls.
Last edited by Cyguy84 on Wed 03.27.2019, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,250.30
Would have been better though if Gronk had told the team weeks ago he planned to retire or just retired then so his money was off the books and they could have signed a TE.
I'm guessing he probably let the team know and they weren't going to overpay for any FA TE's anyways.
Hey, Michael Hoomanawanui is a FA, haha!

Only really 2 FA options I was eyeing, though I don't hate the Jesse James signing:
Jeff Heuerman (2 yrs / $9M)
Jared Cook (2 yrs / $15.5M - $8M GTD)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,659.48
Cyguy84 wrote:Those game clips really illustrate how Gronk was such an amazing player -- he was huge (tough for a DB to tackle), fast enough to outrun a LB, and had amazing hands. And he could block really well too.

I think the game-summary clips best illustrate the impact Gronk could have on a game, especially #4 and #9 -- Gronk had short catches with a lot of yards after contact, some great red zone TDs, and he could also go deep from time to time.

Brady is amazing and the Patriots would have found a mismatch to exploit with other players, but Gronk created problems for opposing defenses and was a large reason the Patriots won the last three Super Bowls.

[-X
Sand$: 41,890.81
Yeah, obviously he meant “their” last three superbowls because they’ve only won three out of the last 5 Superbowls. What an idiot!!!

Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Yeah, obviously he meant “their” last three superbowls because they’ve only won three out of the last 5 Superbowls. What an idiot!!!

I edited to "their last three superbowls."

If the Patriots had beat the Eagles in 2017, I think this forum would have exploded.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,444.56
Nah, we're used to it.
Great White Shark
Just because it's the Patriots let me point out that they didn't win their last three super bowls either.

At least the last 3 they appeared in.

THEY LOST TO THE EAGLES!!!

:D
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,398.24
Gronk was the biggest game changer of a TE. Much more than Gonzo or Gates.
Megalodon
ubertaco wrote:Just because it's the Patriots let me point out that they didn't win their last three super bowls either.

At least the last 3 they appeared in.

THEY LOST TO THE EAGLES!!!

:D

Dammit, now THAT is pedantic!

Gronk was a large reason that the Patriots won their last three Super Bowl Championships.

I think that is sufficiently precise. I should have said "Gronk had a huge role in the Patriots extending the most amazing dynasty of all time and winning three additional Super Bowl Championships."
Great White Shark
Just yanking ya man, it's all good :D
Great White Shark
Sand$: 909.98
The fact that we are even having this argument is both a nod to the force that is the Patriot dynasty, as well as disgusting for the rest of us who don't root for teams that like to win...
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,722.60
Are you guys dropping Gronk or holding in hope that he gives it one more season as a swan song?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,444.56
I think that was last season. He retired.