2019 Rookie Dynasty Discussion

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,851.86
We're on the same page, Oar.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,059.30
Cadence calls wrote:We're on the same page, Oar.

Nah.

Maybe he'll change his position in the near future?

But until then, hes on p12.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
FWIW, im not in the JAG camp w/Pratt.

Is he all singing, all dancing? No. Those two guys are different and gone and we only usually get 1 per year if we're lucky usually.

But, on talent, i have no probs grabbing him 3rd overall @LB, above anyone else not named White/ Bush.

Situation is where i get "fuzzy".

Anarumo is not someone i know a bunch about.

He was the Gmens secondary coach. So ive no idea what his philosphy, playcalling tends or scheme prefs are.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Just apropos of WR discussion lately?

Going back to my original hypothesis, I believe these results marginally support the concept that bigger cornerbacks are leading to more success for smaller, faster wide receivers. I think there is only marginal evidence because the canonical correlation analysis shows evidence of association for catch rate success for fast wide receivers, but doesn’t partition this success to fast and short wide receivers. In other words, this study found a significant correlation between catch rate success and speed, but non-significant correlation between catch rate and height.
https://medium.com/@ryandanczak21/canonical-correlation-analysis-of-nfl-wide-receiver-on-field-production-and-physical-attributes-f11cd60f4795?sk=40b3599a3d61c77b60f1a8ecc8cdfe27

Id be reluctant to attach much significance to one draft class (or the 2015yr studied in that paper), but it certainly seemed to be a trend this year.

Thought would share, as we touched on in it earlier

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon

Hardman - "Lined up everywhere", "Wasnt coming off the field"
Thornhill - "A true Free safety"

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,874.64
jamcutpost wrote:Thornhill - "A true Free safety"

I'm skeptical. Honey Badger isn't a guy you just shove in the box; he's a guy you line up all over the place. Thornhill can play free, but he can play elsewhere too. My money's on this just not putting too much on his plate at first.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,527.72
Heard Chiefs GM OF NFL radio.

I got the feeling they were definitely going to play T Matthieu closer to the line of scrimmage as a tweener LB / safety and use the rook at FS
Supreme Megalodon
Ill post this as its a decent breakdown of Spags coverage tendencies

Personnel

Cornerback: Spagnuolo plays three cornerbacks heavily and almost exclusively three cornerbacks in the nickel.

Depending on personnel, the third cornerback can play inside or outside depending on how Spagnuolo feels. The players have to be comfortable in a variety of techniques but the most important trait is quick feet, quick change of direction skills and the ability to mirror wide receivers. Kendall Fuller is a very good fit with his patient feet and flexibility but does have to improve carrying vertically. Charvarius Ward showed a ton of promise as an outside cornerback but there are some red flags if he’s asked to mirror and play catch man. Tremon Smith is still a project and developing but he’s also a blank slate.

Safety: The most important position in Spagnuolo’s defense is the strong safety, or at least in his most previous stint with the New York Giants. Landon Collins was used as a man defender against tight ends, running backs and occasionally wide receivers. He often was cutting, trapping or in a robber role when playing in zone and was a frequent blitzer off the edge or up the middle.

The free safety most often played deep but would kick down to the weak side in man coverage against wide receivers or running backs, which also means that the strong safety has to be comfortable playing deep, including single-high duties.

Me? I like him, as a player.

I agree he will move around, some - im not sure if my idea of moving him around will be the same as Oars?

Will play some slot, some corner, but still think he's "guy most likely to" log the highest %age of single high (because of his talent).

Will the high scoring O offset that? Possibly. Im a fan.

Clinton Dix was fine after all.

This year, if you need a rookie safety, its better IRL than IDP. Top 3 all have at least a "?" youd prefer to have dodged.

If you have one on your team as a fan though (OAK, GBP or KCC)? Happy days regardless & ignore this IDP hair splitting we're indulging in :)

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,673.94
jesteva wrote:Heard Chiefs GM OF NFL radio.

I got the feeling they were definitely going to play T Matthieu closer to the line of scrimmage as a tweener LB / safety and use the rook at FS

This is the basic plan, with some switching up because both players have scheme versatility.

Thornhill might play some corner in a pinch.

Honey Badger generally closer to the line.
Supreme Megalodon
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018289/article/how-speed-put-umass-wr-andy-isabella-on-fast-track-to-nfl

Decent read for some backstory

Takeaways:

He works. Hard. If he fails in the NFL, it wont be on effort, ethic or work.
Hes been working with Randy Moss for a large chunk of the offseason

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
^^^Will vouch for Isabella's work ethic and character. He grew up one town over. I don't personally know him, but I know a lot of people that do. And the guy is an animal on the field and a model citizen off. Attention to detail, leadership, smarts, never satisfied, etc.

I get that I may have his likelihood of hitting his upside inflated, but barring injury he isn't going to fail. He's going to stick around for a while.
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:^^^Will vouch for Isabella's work ethic and character. He grew up one town over. I don't personally know him, but I know a lot of people that do. And the guy is an animal on the field and a model citizen off. Attention to detail, leadership, smarts, never satisfied, etc.

I get that I may have his likelihood of hitting his upside inflated, but barring injury he isn't going to fail. He's going to stick around for a while.

Nothing Mayfield-related & Cleveland-centric can fail in the NFL

Its the new celestial order!! :)

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:^^^Will vouch for Isabella's work ethic and character. He grew up one town over. I don't personally know him, but I know a lot of people that do. And the guy is an animal on the field and a model citizen off. Attention to detail, leadership, smarts, never satisfied, etc.

Nothing Mayfield-related & Cleveland-centric can fail in the NFL

Its the new celestial order!! :)

Supreme Megalodon
=D>

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,039.64
I'd take Isabella over Harry 100 times out of 100.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion