2019 Rookie Dynasty Discussion

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,059.30
For those guys not big on CFB (and thats fine :) ) this is a really good watch for anyone trying to make an informed opinion themselves on:

ARI, Murray, Fitz, Kirk, Isabella, Butler etc

1- 8 mins: Background Youll get a sense of "who" and some idea about how Murray may or may not translate.

8 - 14 mins: The basic concept (Mesh) What the fundamental principle is, why all the most explosive offences use it, how it works, why its difficult to defend & why KCC, LAR & SEA have staretd running it.

14 - 21 mins vertical concepts Showing how the scheme doesnt consider coverage, only reads

The rest is about Rosen vs Murray & how the NFL has trended more & more twds Air raid.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon

Said it on the night and ill keep saying it: Big slot.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,962.52
The NFL "wasn't ready" for Chip Kelly.
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:The NFL "wasn't ready" for Chip Kelly.

Thats true, but then who was running the same play calls on every down? :wink:

If you watch the clip youll see NFL teams are already using the offense ... and its QBs.

And successfully.

IMO Kliff isnt a good HC - and ive said that before. Offensively tho, i dont have many problems with him.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Wed 05.08.2019, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:

If you watch the clip youll see NFL teams are already using the offense ... and its QBs.

And successfully.

So the league IS ready.
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

And successfully.

So the league IS ready.

Not sure if youre after an argument/ debate over Air aid/ Success of kingsbury in NFL/ Success of prospects in NFL in it or somethign else entirely

Rather than writing a cpl paragraphs covering all permutations to this KCC trending convo, let me know exactly which thign youre objecting to specifically & ill answer accordingly
Last edited by jamcutpost on Wed 05.08.2019, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
The video said the league wasn't ready for KK.

I hardly think I've operated KCC style.
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:Your video said the league wasn't ready for KK.

1) Not my video

2) I went to the extra pains of also posting the reasons why i was sharing it

is a really good watch for anyone trying to make an informed opinion themselves on:

ARI, Murray, Fitz, Kirk, Isabella, Butler etc

3) I took the effort to highlight the segments so you could watch what you wanted / if you wanted (1-8mins, 8- etc etc)

As a savvy user of the interweb, i thought you (of all ppl) would know most content has clickbait headlines. It generates traffic, which generates income for the ppl who post these things.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
Elmagister wrote:Your video said the league wasn't ready for KK.

1) Not my video

2) I took the effort to highlight the segments so you could watch what you wanted / if you wanted

As a savvy user of the interweb, i thought you (of all ppl) would know most content has clickbait headlines. It generates traffic, which generates income for the ppl who post these things.

1. Eat a pita.
2. If anyone has concerns that about Kliff Kingsbury, it should be with the amount of control he's already gotten over the front office/the amount of control he had over the team as a very young and new NFL head coach. That he runs some concepts already in use in the league is good, but the NFL had been operating with "college" style offense for awhile. See: the percentage of plays run from shotgun/nickel defense is essentially base D.

Edit: I typed eat a pita when you still had your doubling down on the KCC comparison in your post.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,889.60
jamcutpost wrote: IMO Kliff isnt a good HC - and ive said that before. Offensively tho, i dont have many problems with him.

This is my starting point with Kliff. I'm glad Chip got brought up because I'm hoping to learn from that mistake. But unlike Chip, Kliff hasn't even been an effective college coach. But his offense? I don't disagree about the leeg not being ready. The leeg is littered with inflexible schemes executed by dinosaurs that aren't willing to adapt. I think his offense will put up video game numbers against those teams. As long as his o line can hold up just enough and Kyler doesn't get injured. The line doesn't have to be great - doesn't even need to be good. Just can't be groin grabbingly awful. Which it may. But when Kliff draws quality opponents? He's probably gonna get curb stomped. And even in those games he piles up the points they may give up more.

It wouldn't surprise me if this team goes 4-12 and is the highest scoring team in the leeg this year. That's more forecasting than I'm comfortable with right now, so I'm not going to think about 2020 and beyond for at least several months.
Supreme Megalodon
1. Backatcha.

2. Thats a great conversation. And a relevant one.

A tank search will show im not changing ships mid stream when i say i agree 100%. If youre a lousy HC in college why are you now good in the pros?

But there is a difference between college concepts and air raid concepts.

That last one has only been "creeping" in past 4-5 years. Shotgun, spread? Those have been here much, much longer (mid 2000s)

If this were a thread about The Cardinals and not FF rookies id happily go deeper into it. Its got the potential to be a big and ongoing storyline. Things could get ugly there quickly.

In FF? Rookie drafts? I only need the team to throw, a lot, with some degree of landing 25 or so per game.

ppl can watch it themselves and decide if it coudl work in Zona or sink like Chip in Philly.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if this team goes 4-12 and is the highest scoring team in the leeg this year.

Thats pretty much exactly what you said back then, mid-draft.

Know what it made me think of? Mike Martz, the Detroit one: crappy for RL, money in FF.

In this thread, its that last one im interested in.

In another thread, yeah. Keim could die on this one if hes gotten it wrong.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Wed 05.08.2019, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:That he runs some concepts already in use in the league is good, but the NFL had been operating with "college" style offense for awhile. See: the percentage of plays run from shotgun/nickel defense is essentially base D.

Like everything NFL, they're at least a decade late in adapting. And it's far from finished. It's certainly there with some teams, but many are trying to figure it out on the fly. And several of them are going to fail because they don't know how to scheme based on this 'new' data. I think last year was the biggest leap we've ever seen, but in some cases all they're doing now are things we were doing in madden 15 years ago.
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if this team goes 4-12 and is the highest scoring team in the leeg this year.

Remember that short convo mid draft?

Know what it made me think of? Mike Martz, the Detroit one.

crappy for RL, money in FF.

I hate comp's. But, that. That's perfect.
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:1. Backatcha.

2. Thats a great conversation. And a relevant one.

A tank search will show im not changing ships mid stream when i say i agree 100%. If youre a lousy HC in college why are you now good in the pros?

But there is a difference between college concepts and air raid concepts.

That last one has only been "creeping" in past 4-5 years. Shotgun, spread? Those have been here much, much longer (mid 2000s)

If this were a thread about The Cardinals and not FF rookies id happily go deeper into it. Its got the potential to be a big and ongoing storyline. Things could get ugly there quickly.

In FF? Rookie drafts? I only need the team to throw, a lot, with some degree of landing 25 or so per game.

ppl can watch it themselves and decide if it coudl work in Zona or sink like Chip in Philly.

1. No, I'm rubber, you're glue.

2. Until they fix their O line, them passing a lot isn't good for any of the Cardinal rooks.