2019 Sleepers/Breakout Candidates

Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
zuggyawesome wrote:
Markulous wrote:What has Parker ever done? When has a WR gone 4 years putting up mediocre numbers then all of a sudden become a good fantasy player (especially on a bad team)?

When has a WR's production gone up after a clear QB upgrade?

He had a 55% comp rate, an 11:14 TD:INT ratio, and played awful last year.

I think they made a great move trading for him, but let's not assume he's going to do WAY better on another bad team, specifically this year.

Also, Parker's production issues have been mostly on himself. So a new QB doesn't fix the problem.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,331.36
Hasn’t parkers main issue been he’s playing injuried or missing time due to injury? I’m not saying Parker is a great wr or anything.
Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:Hasn’t parkers main issue been he’s playing injuried or missing time due to injury? I’m not saying Parker is a great wr or anything.

That's part of it, but he's played double digit games every season since he's been drafted. I'd say the biggest thing holding him back has been above the neck.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,312.20
He doesn't contest catches, runs bad routes, struggles with health.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:He doesn't contest catches, runs bad routes, struggles with health.

Yup, I don't see Rosen coming in changing any of that.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 44,749.38
I don't think you guys know how off season hype trains work.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,510.96
Markulous wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
Markulous wrote:What has Parker ever done? When has a WR gone 4 years putting up mediocre numbers then all of a sudden become a good fantasy player (especially on a bad team)?

When has a WR's production gone up after a clear QB upgrade?

He had a 55% comp rate, an 11:14 TD:INT ratio, and played awful last year.

I think they made a great move trading for him, but let's not assume he's going to do WAY better on another bad team, specifically this year.

Also, Parker's production issues have been mostly on himself. So a new QB doesn't fix the problem.

And yet his overall numbers are very similar to other more lauded rookie QBs (Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson) with by far the worst supporting cast and coaching of any of those guys.

I'm not saying he IS going to be an upgrade, but that's definitely within the realm of possibilities and if that's the case then that would likely be a bigger reason for Parker's success than him being a 4th year breakout.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
And yet his overall numbers are very similar to other more lauded rookie QBs (Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson) with by far the worst supporting cast and coaching of any of those guys.

I'm not saying he IS going to be an upgrade, but that's definitely within the realm of possibilities and if that's the case then that would likely be a bigger reason for Parker's success than him being a 4th year breakout.

Who has had a 4th year breakout though? I can't recall a WR that has been on the same team for 4 years and not doing anything, then suddenly becomes fantasy relevant.

And as Elm and I had said, Parker's issues haven't really been because of the QB. If Aaron Rodgers came to town, you could argue his production could become much greater, but that's not the case obviously.
Great White Shark
Markulous wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

Who has had a 4th year breakout though? I can't recall a WR that has been on the same team for 4 years and not doing anything, then suddenly becomes fantasy relevant.

And as Elm and I had said, Parker's issues haven't really been because of the QB. If Aaron Rodgers came to town, you could argue his production could become much greater, but that's not the case obviously.

Tyler Lockette just did it last season.

Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Wes Welker, Miles Austin, Drew Bennett, Reggie Wayne, Michael Crabtree, Vincent Jackson.. it's rare but it's not like it's never been done before lol
Last edited by zuggyawesome on Tue 05.21.2019, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
Markulous wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

Cool. I figured there would be some people.

He does have one of the best QBs in the league though and also hasn't had the issues that Parker has had with drops and just sloppy play.
Great White Shark
Markulous wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
Markulous wrote:Who has had a 4th year breakout though? I can't recall a WR that has been on the same team for 4 years and not doing anything, then suddenly becomes fantasy relevant.

Cool. I figured there would be some people.

He does have one of the best QBs in the league though and also hasn't had the issues that Parker has had with drops and just sloppy play.

I'd guess Vincent Jackson would probably be a closer comp (who also broke out in his 4th season)

Megalodon
Sand$: 39,951.88
TheJayCutlers wrote:I don't think you guys know how off season hype trains work.

Fantasy people have no sense of humour.

To keep it going, what about Brandon Lloyd? Was he a fourth year breakout?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,312.20
Vjax improved every year you to give breakout, and was sharing a football with a couple other good receivers in Gates and Tomlinson.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 22,593.43
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:I don't think you guys know how off season hype trains work.

I have a semblance of a sense of humor. Just ask your Mom. ::raspberry meme::
Last edited by phixxation on Tue 05.21.2019, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 44,749.38
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:

I'm gonna start the Darren Waller hype train here for the bazillionth time as well.