2019 Sleepers/Breakout Candidates

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,148.64
SJSwarm wrote:Level of competition though? For your sake I hope you're right, but I watch a lot of Mountain West football and I don't think you are. Pretty sure he would have gone higher than round 6 if more people agreed with you.......but it is a good landing spot as we all know Damien Williams is JAG.

Utah State only played 2 actual football teams last year:

Darwin vs Michigan State: 10 carries 28 yards (2 TD's tho! =D> )

Darwin vs Boise State : 11 carries 61 yards (my guy Mattison had 37 carries 200 yards 3 TD in the same game)

If you want to make a dynasty pick based on what he did vs San Jose State and North Texas, be my guest.

Even diving into their cupcake schedule a little deeper you find Darwin vs Colorado State (a 3-8 team): 13 carries 47 yards. Yikes.

If youre going to compare him and Matison, at least do it properly.

He was better - per touch - than Mattison in that Div :lol:

If level of competition means anything then i guess we'll stop hearing about you & Warring soon, yes? :eusa_pray:

If youre an RB? "The jump" is way less of a factor in success than any other position.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Mon 05.06.2019, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,128.46
Oh and FYI Jam, the Smallwood comp is more about Fantasy Footballers getting a chubby for some undersized back and pumping him up too far in drafts due to meaningless padless practices and stats put up against terrible college teams. Not a direct comp.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:Oh and FYI Jam, the Smallwood comp is more about Fantasy Footballers getting a chubby for some undersized back and pumping him up too far in drafts due to meaningless padless practices and stats put up against terrible college teams. Not a direct comp.

Thats an important caveat - but one id accept for what it is

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon

Darwin vs Boise State : 11 carries 61 yards (my guy Mattison had 37 carries 200 yards 3 TD in the same game)

Code: Select all

Rush           Rece              Scri
 Conf Class Pos  G Att  Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays  Yds Avg TD

MWC    JR  RB 13 302 1415 4.7 17  27 173 6.4  0   329 1588 4.8 17
  MWC    JR  RB 13 153 1044 6.8 14  23 351 15.3  2   176 1395 7.9 16

One of those guys is Mattison
    Who spent 3yrs in the MWC
    As a bellcow for his team
    With a QB whos now in the NFL

The other is a guy who:
    Just came up Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College in Miami, Oklahoma
    Is in his 1st & only season in MWC.
    Was used in strict 50:50 RBBC
    And had a Qb who scrambles.

Im not aiming this at SJ, but just generally boxscore scouting isnt something id recommend - esp without context

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,208.50
BTW, that wasn't a squat. that was a mafaakin front squat. holy crap. strempf!!

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
getdownmmmkay wrote:BTW, that wasn't a squat. that was a mafaakin front squat. holy crap. strempf!!

If you read his twitter TL, its full of stuff like that.

Guys a gym rat plus plus

Which means nothing, but if youre on the smaller side of the norm, its not something youre upset by neither.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,208.50
perfect form, too. below parallel, no butt wink. insanely impressive.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
getdownmmmkay wrote:perfect form, too. below parallel, no butt wink. insanely impressive.

Dont want to derail the thread, but there were alternative clips. 5'8, 200lbs

Cpl yrs ago, just after his 20th.

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,151.30
Holy s h I t

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,128.46
jamcutpost wrote:

Code: Select all

Rush           Rece              Scri
 Conf Class Pos  G Att  Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays  Yds Avg TD

MWC    JR  RB 13 302 1415 4.7 17  27 173 6.4  0   329 1588 4.8 17
  MWC    JR  RB 13 153 1044 6.8 14  23 351 15.3  2   176 1395 7.9 16

One of those guys is Mattison
    Who spent 3yrs in the MWC
    As a bellcow for his team
    With a QB whos now in the NFL

The other is a guy who:
    Just came up Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College in Miami, Oklahoma
    Is in his 1st & only season in MWC.
    Was used in strict 50:50 RBBC
    And had a Qb who scrambles.

Im not aiming this at SJ, but just generally boxscore scouting isnt something id recommend - esp without context

Mattison played with a guy who might be a practice squad QB and wasn't drafted. Not like he played with Aaron Rodgers......and the rest of the BSU offense was horrible.

I'm just saying I think fantasy footballers are looking for the next big thing and are comparing this guy to HOF'ers/1st round picks (not from you, but I've heard multiple times now in multiple forums that Darwin is going to be KC's Barry Sanders, and yeah he can squat a lot but that doesn't make him MJD either), and there is a reason he ended up at Utah State, and there is a reason he wasn't a hot transfer candidate coming out of NOA&M........he's not special. And why did he have a 50:50 split with a guy that has almost zero chance at making the NFL? :-k

But as I said, he only has to beat out a JAG to win the job, so for your sake I hope you are right and that he kills it. As someone who has watched a lot of his games, I just don't see it. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about a RB.

These wish and a prayer type guys are great for later in drafts, but that isn't going to happen with this guy now because HYPE, and it could be a crippling blow for a dynasty owner to swing and miss on a guy like this in the 2nd or God help us all the late 1st round. But if the hype train keeps up, it will push the dope IDP's down further in the draft, just like Nyheim Hines did last year.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,630.22
Dudes going to mess with his knees he keeps doing that.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
10ball wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:Deon Cain

I own a lot of this stock

If you want some more make me an offer. Seriously. I've got too many fliers/upside guys stashed.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,847.48
SJSwarm wrote:Oh and FYI Jam, the Smallwood comp is more about Fantasy Footballers getting a chubby for some undersized back and pumping him up too far in drafts due to meaningless padless practices and stats put up against terrible college teams. Not a direct comp.

So they’re both short?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,183.38
my deep sleeper for 2019 at wr is trey quinn

my post draft sleeper is tyler lockett

my standard sleeper is dante pettis
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,805.72
jamcutpost wrote:
If im making a comp? Its MJD not Smallwood

Woah, woah, woah.

MJD?

MJD was an absolute monster who dropped to the 2nd round because of height concerns. He was the lifeline of the Bruins offense rushing, receiving, and returning punts for TDs.

The guy was so strong he jumped into a 7 man pile and somehow was the guy with the ball in his hands at the end of the play.

MJD also ran a sub 4.4 forty whereas Darwin ran a 4.6. MJD's BMI ranked in the top 10 of all NFL RB's, Darwin is right at 50%.

Darwin has as good a shot as any of these rookie RBs to produce (in what is likely one of the weakest RB classes in recent memory) but MJD he is not.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.