2019 Sleepers/Breakout Candidates

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,132.02
Back on breakouts/ sleepers?

Robert Foster, BUF, WR
Quincy Enunwa, NYJ, WR
Albert Wilson, MIA, WR

I want to say i feel strongly about any of them ... but i dont :D

But none of them will go before the middle rnds/ till post QB & TEs of any redraft id have thought

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
IDP

(RotoWire) Giants defensive coordinator James Bettcher hinted Wednesday that Peppers could fill multiple roles this season, saying: "Jabrill is a highly-ascending player in this league. A guy that has flexibility to play strong safety, he can come down into the box and play some money [hybrid linebacker].", Art Stapleton of Northjersey.com reports.

Doesnt hurt NYG are a stat friendly crew

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,951.88
Montgomery improves CHI rushing by not tipping their hand like they were with Howard. However, I think projecting over 40 targets is a little bold. I equally think projecting less than 100 rushes for Cohen to be bold.

Chicago ran the ball over 450 times last year. Plenty of room for both. Tarik also does receiving work beyond the role of RB so that will help hold value and keep his target rate up.

Again, I get the argument that he hit his ceiling, but drawing up a scenario where he falls of a cliff is unreasonable.

I would also like Jam to clarify that while I referred to Cohen being a top ten RB in our league, as he was in 2018, I in no way demanded an RB1 price for him.

If Cohen is exactly like Ekeler, I would suggest switching targets, cuz Ekeler's owners are probably keen to get rid of him.

Supreme Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Montgomery improves CHI rushing by not tipping their hand like they were with Howard. However, I think projecting over 40 targets is a little bold. I equally think projecting less than 100 rushes for Cohen to be bold.

Chicago ran the ball over 450 times last year. Plenty of room for both. Tarik also does receiving work beyond the role of RB so that will help hold value and keep his target rate up.

Again, I get the argument that he hit his ceiling, but drawing up a scenario where he falls of a cliff is unreasonable.

I would also like Jam to clarify that while I referred to Cohen being a top ten RB in our league, as he was in 2018, I in no way demanded an RB1 price for him.

If Cohen is exactly like Ekeler, I would suggest switching targets, cuz Ekeler's owners are probably keen to get rid of him.

Well, awkwardly i never mentioned you - with good reason :F

And nope, i own both in a few leagues and i wouldnt be "keen to get rid of Ekeler"

Maybe its because i know price vs production is what it is (RB 20 -30) and i may as well sit on him :dontknow:

For clarity?

Deke didnt "demand" anything (and i cant recall saying anywhere he had tbh)

He posted

Rated by DLF as solid first round value.

And added a screenshot of DLF "proving" he was worth the 1.05

Ill post whole email, if he wants.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Thu 05.09.2019, 08:44, edited 2 times in total.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,312.20
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Montgomery improves CHI rushing by not tipping their hand like they were with Howard. However, I think projecting over 40 targets is a little bold. I equally think projecting less than 100 rushes for Cohen to be bold.

Presumably, Montgomery improves upon Howard's wishing efficiency as well. That coupled with an ability to catch puts him on the field/decreases Cohen's opportunities.
Supreme Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:I would also like Jam to clarify that while I referred to Cohen being a top ten RB in our league, as he was in 2018, I in no way demanded an RB1 price for him.

Yeah, id actually like Deke to Clarify where ive posted either prior to this

Just ebcause we disagreed on a trade (NBD :dontknow: Not sure why that is)

But doesnt mean that cant stimulate a discussion.

I was v. careful to talk in the abstract

There are ppl here that Dynasty drafts coming up and ppl here that will own Cohen. The CHI backfield is going to be a storyline that will touch quie a number of owners.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Thu 05.09.2019, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,111.02
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Again, I get the argument that he hit his ceiling, but drawing up a scenario where he falls of a cliff is unreasonable.

I don't think anyone is saying that.
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Again, I get the argument that he hit his ceiling, but drawing up a scenario where he falls of a cliff is unreasonable.

I don't think anyone is saying that.

Bingo
Elmagister wrote:Decreasing, slightly to moderately. Last season was his ceiling.

jamcutpost wrote:But both clearly DILUTE Cohens production - and thats the problem.

Ill make this clear, Cohen is going nowhere. Hes too good to disappear

SJSwarm wrote:Cohen had a lot of lucky things happen last year. I'd say he's normally in the Austin Ekeler range without counting on all the fluke plays. If Montgomery can catch AT ALL Cohen has nowhere to go but down IMO.

If Deke wants to check his emails, i put his score about 250Fpts in TFO/ equivalent of Myles Jack (for context Cohen was 298 last year)

Which would be ~3FPts per week reduction.

Which would make down from 18.63 to about 15.38.

That doesnt sound - like the others - ppl are suggesting "falling off a cliff" (And fwiw, no one is "drawing up" those quotes from Manning, Nagy & Pace)

- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:I would also like Jam to clarify that while I referred to Cohen being a top ten RB in our league, as he was in 2018, I in no way demanded an RB1 price for him.

No, not saying you stated that, just think it looked like people were taking it that way and wanted to make it known that it wasn't the case.

Megalodon
And yep, don't entirely disagree with Elmagister's comments on Cohen. I just lean to the upside on Cohen because I think he has proven it over the last two seasons.

Supreme Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

No, not saying you stated that, just think it looked like people were taking it that way and wanted to make it known that it wasn't the case.

Ive seen noone post anything save production related comments.

So i think (like saying hell fall off a cliff) youll struggle a bit to find them, fella.

1) The OP was about PRODUCTION not TRADE VALUE (re-read it :) )
2) People replied to that
3) We got into the "Whys" a lil bit

If youve read anything different, i think we're taking very different things away from it!

Just my 2c, but think mightvee jumped the gun a bit. No biggie.

But would - in best possible spirit - suggest a step back & slower/ less rushed re-read & take on things might help :thumbright:

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Anyone rolling the dice on Rojo this year?

I feel it might take ... Cojones, but someone has to carry it.

Or is JW going to be running alot w/his "legs" (snigger)

In any early redrafts he might be one of those late rnds in/ first against the WW wall-types, but im game.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Thu 05.09.2019, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 44,749.38
that takes massive huevos to type that last word and not worry about a typo
Supreme Megalodon
TheJayCutlers wrote:that takes massive huevos to type that last word and not worry about a typo

(The last word was the one in brackets)

Yeah, i getcha. Got me paranoid now, my typing is fast, but fast is not good :F

- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:Yeah, id actually like Deke to Clarify where ive posted either prior to this

Ive seen noone post anything save production related comments.

So i think (like saying hell fall off a cliff) youll struggle a bit to find them, fella.

1) The OP was about PRODUCTION not TRADE VALUE (re-read it :) )
2) People replied to that
3) We got into the "Whys" a lil bit

If youve read anything different, i think we're taking very different things away from it!

Just my 2c, but think mightvee jumped the gun a bit. No biggie.

But would - in best possible spirit - suggest a step back & slower/ less rushed re-read & take on things might help :thumbright:

It wasn't an accusation. I don't feel any need to pick anything out. Just something I wanted nipped in the bud.

Tbh, I hate seeing these types of to and fro's in the forum, especially in unrelated threads, never mind being caught in the middle of one. I don't see any need to prolong this further.