Fraud Gurley

Sand$: 40,911.03
Glazer: Todd Gurley’s knee is a “concern”

“It is a concern,” Jay Glazer writes in his latest Q&A for TheAthletic.com, regarding Gurley’s knee. “The sky isn’t falling but even now, they’re being smart about it. It did swell up on him last year, this is a knee that has had wear and tear. Eventually, you’re going to factor this in especially with them having to sit him down the stretch last year. It’s not all doom and gloom, but it is definitely something you have to monitor and be prepared for in case that thing blows up on him again. We already learned that lesson last year. That’s why he isn’t doing any on-field work yet.”

I know that thread title is kind of harsh because the dude is hurt but it may prove accurate in terms of people’s lofty fantasy expectations.

It’s now only June but due to his high price tag, he’s penciled in on my “no draft list” which is crazy one year from taking him #1 overall.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,077.58
I’m looking at the positive and have to give the rams some credit here for last year.
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,502.12
I wasnt going to realistically draft him prior to this. It's pretty obvious after last year's playoff run that something was wrong
Megalodon
Sand$: 74,737.08
My two man keeper is looking pretty bleak after keeping Gurley and Gronk last year. I too am shying away from Gurley at his current ADP.

Go with your gut and good luck!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,840.08
1. Gurley is held out of games towards the end of the season, and is outperformed by CJ Anderson when he does play. This wouldn't be that bad if he was putting off end of season surgery to repair a knee issue he was gutting through for the playoffs.. but that surgery never came.

2. The Rams match Malcolm Brown's Lion's offer

3. The team moves up to draft Darrell Henderson

4. He's doing his own specialized OTA's to conserve him for the regular season.

5. His coaches have talked about scaling back his workload to conserve him for the season.

This is all in addition to the news breaking out about his degenerative knee condition, bone on bone, arthritis, w/e you want to call it.

How people can still confidently draft this guy in the 1st round is beyond me. How he still never falls out of the 2nd round in Dynasty Startups is beyond me.

I will have 0 shares of Gurley by the end of the season, and would shop him hard the moment he has a good game.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 74,737.08
zuggyawesome wrote:1. Gurley is held out of games towards the end of the season, and is outperformed by CJ Anderson when he does play. This wouldn't be that bad if he was putting off end of season surgery to repair a knee issue he was gutting through for the playoffs.. but that surgery never came.

2. The Rams match Malcolm Brown's Lion's offer

3. The team moves up to draft Darrell Henderson

4. He's doing his own specialized OTA's to conserve him for the regular season.

5. His coaches have talked about scaling back his workload to conserve him for the season.

This is all in addition to the news breaking out about his degenerative knee condition, bone on bone, arthritis, w/e you want to call it.

How people can still confidently draft this guy in the 1st round is beyond me. How he still never falls out of the 2nd round in Dynasty Startups is beyond me.

I will have 0 shares of Gurley by the end of the season, and would shop him hard the moment he has a good game.

6. TMZ videos of him limping around town.

Go with your gut and good luck!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,833.72
avoid,avoid,only drafting him as a rb2 if he falls but someone will grab him way before he ever falls outta the 1st rd,id rather go after derrick henry/fournette or freeman later
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,477.54
Id rather have Josh Jacobs
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 382.70
when's contract up ?

strategy to release, secure playoff spot
Supreme Megalodon
Vision wrote:when's contract up ?

strategy to release, secure playoff spot

He will be there at least through 2020. His salary and roster bonus for that year is guaranteed already , plus it’s a 25 million cap hit if they cut or trade him. because of this news his trade value is pretty much dead at this point on that contract too.

If it’s that much of a concern they can manage this and get some good production out of him on 10 to 15 touches a game.
Sand$: 114,383.16
Who is drafting him in the top 20? Cause I sure haven't been getting offers anywhere near that.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:Who is drafting him in the top 20? Cause I sure haven't been getting offers anywhere near that.

:lol: Probably people that look at the draft board and are staring at Gurley vs Chubb or Cook and decide he's the least amount of risk (not my evaluation, but to each their own)

Supreme Megalodon
To be fair the news is starting early , I’m guessing his stock will fall as time goes on. We’re going to hear about it in camp, most ff sites are going to push it. So I think he might actually be a good price come a month before the start of the season.

Of course , we could hear from rams coaches that this isn’t that big of an issue.....
Supreme Megalodon
1300 total yards , give or take , with 40 receptions w/ 10 tds?

What’s that put him at mid to upper rb 2. Obviously he will have some inconsistency with games the rams are up by 2+ scores.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:1300 total yards , give or take , with 40 receptions w/ 10 tds?

What’s that put him at mid to upper rb 2. Obviously he will have some inconsistency with games the rams are up by 2+ scores.

I believe he finishes as a fringe RB1 in most scenarios this year, but his shelf life for the team is going to be very limited and he won't be the workhorse he once was, capping his upside.

I could also see a scenario where he doesn't see the field, or is phased out due to ineffectiveness. That interpretation is colored strongly by that TMZ video showing him limping around :lol: and is probably not very likely to happen.

As far as value context I have him somewhere in the Derrick Henry range. Anything earlier and I'd rather just not have to deal with what will be constant question marks about his health the rest of the season.