Fraud Gurley

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,650.50
I don't disagree with your goal, or even your approach necessarily. I'm just not convinced that Gurley is in that position right now. At least for keepers.

Redraft? Sure, don't bother with him unless he really falls, I'm 100% behind that.

I just think it's much more likely that he becomes a 12-15 touch kind of guy than that he gets shelved by the Rams. And I think he will still be effective in that role.

I am going to throw his name out in my dyno though and see if anyone makes a good offer. I wonder if the Bell owner would agree to a swap. lol...
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,143.28
In redraft its Gurley or a 1st round talent. In a keeper situation its Gurley or a 3rd round talent.

Not the same situation.
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,030.38
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Todd Gurley's days as a "straight-up, every-down bell cow are probably over."
"Just based on his knee, his age, the position, the amount of carries he's had," Rapoport continued. "It's probably not going to be like that, which by the way is maybe why the Rams drafted a running back in the third round, someone they really like a lot. This is a team that is clearly ready to spread the ball around." The running back RapSheet mentions is Darrell Henderson, whose ADP continues to climb with every negative report about Gurley's knee. Gurley is currently going near the end of the first round as a high-risk, high-reward pick, but it is possible the reward part of that equation is being overvalued if the Rams are really committed to getting their other backs more involved.

Sounds like he's a candidate for release next season if that's the case. No one is going to have that much $ dedicated towards a RB that isn't a bell cow that has knee issues.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,410.92
"Just based on his knee, his age, the position, the amount of carries he's had," Rapoport continued

It's conjecture.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:"Just based on his knee, his age, the position, the amount of carries he's had," Rapoport continued

It's conjecture.

Agreed, it's just his opinion. I think it's still a possibility that could be the case though, just gotta wait and see. If it is, he's gone in 2020 assuming there's a cap savings by releasing him.
Sand$: 114,955.10
Markulous wrote:
Elmagister wrote:"Just based on his knee, his age, the position, the amount of carries he's had," Rapoport continued

It's conjecture.

Agreed, it's just his opinion. I think it's still a possibility that could be the case though, just gotta wait and see. If it is, he's gone in 2020 assuming there's a cap savings by releasing him.

Uhh...yeah, no.

He's a Ram through 2020. They can't consider whacking him for financial reasons until 2021.
Sand$: 41,873.59
Todd Gurley planning to play at 218 to lighten load on knee

Rams running back Todd Gurley is attempting to lose 6 pounds, down to 218, to lighten the load on his balky left knee, NFL Media reports.

“I want him to feel most comfortable,” Sean McVay said, via NFL Media. “That’s the most important thing — what he feels he can most function at, being the all-purpose back he’s been and that’s where we’re at. So he says, ‘I’d rather play 5, 10 pounds lighter,’ and he’s going to feel better about that, then that’s exactly what we’ll do. He’s earned the right to be able to tell us how he’s feeling with the give and take. As long as he’s got a why, which I know he does, we’re always receptive to those things.”
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:

It's conjecture.

Uhh...yeah, no.

He's a Ram through 2020. They can't consider whacking him for financial reasons until 2021.

I wasn't familiar with his contract. Okay then 2021 he'd be gone if his role/effectiveness continued to be limited.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,948.46
und2006 wrote:In redraft its Gurley or a 1st round talent. In a keeper situation its Gurley or a 3rd round talent.

Not the same situation.

3rd round is where I see Gurley as a reasonable pick; but I'll still be avoiding him till the 4th which means I'll probably own Gurley in 0 leagues, and I'm ok with that.

Everyone keeps talking, "upside, upside, upside". Besides the fact that I don't think his upside is nearly as high this year as years past (there's been far too much smoke this season for there not to be at best a reduced workload); is his upside really that much higher than Chubb, Dalvin, Mixon, Gordon? I don't think so. Even without all of these knee issues I wouldn't have batted an eye if those guys finished above Gurley this year. Hell even Damien Williams, Derrick Henry beating them out wouldn't have surprised me all that much. The reason Gurley would've been chosen ahead of them is the likelihood he'd be higher than them.. with all of this uncertainty surrounding him that chance has been reduced dropping his value position for this year. As far as Dynasty is concerned, there's no way in hell he should be a 2nd round pick over these guys.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Markulous wrote:I wasn't familiar with his contract. Okay then 2021 he'd be gone if his role/effectiveness continued to be limited.

Not necessarily. No matter what happens between now and then expect his contract to be re-negotiated. Kinda like what happened with Le'Veon Bell that's when his contract enters a "rolling guarantee" status. Which isn't going to make Gurley happy and it'd also cost the Rams $4.2m to send him packing as a post June 1 cut. So both sides have incentive to find a middle ground - Rams get a smaller number and Gurley gets more guaranteed cash. Unless he's just shot by then, of course.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,952.82
Markulous wrote:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Todd Gurley's days as a "straight-up, every-down bell cow are probably over."
"Just based on his knee, his age, the position, the amount of carries he's had," Rapoport continued. "It's probably not going to be like that, which by the way is maybe why the Rams drafted a running back in the third round, someone they really like a lot. This is a team that is clearly ready to spread the ball around." The running back RapSheet mentions is Darrell Henderson, whose ADP continues to climb with every negative report about Gurley's knee. Gurley is currently going near the end of the first round as a high-risk, high-reward pick, but it is possible the reward part of that equation is being overvalued if the Rams are really committed to getting their other backs more involved.

Sounds like he's a candidate for release next season if that's the case. No one is going to have that much $ dedicated towards a RB that isn't a bell cow that has knee issues.

lot of dead money left on that 4 yr 60 with 45 guaranteed
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,952.82
endzoneview wrote:
Todd Gurley planning to play at 218 to lighten load on knee

Rams running back Todd Gurley is attempting to lose 6 pounds, down to 218, to lighten the load on his balky left knee, NFL Media reports.

“I want him to feel most comfortable,” Sean McVay said, via NFL Media. “That’s the most important thing — what he feels he can most function at, being the all-purpose back he’s been and that’s where we’re at. So he says, ‘I’d rather play 5, 10 pounds lighter,’ and he’s going to feel better about that, then that’s exactly what we’ll do. He’s earned the right to be able to tell us how he’s feeling with the give and take. As long as he’s got a why, which I know he does, we’re always receptive to those things.”

solid 3 headed monster,mal.brown with be the hammer now (short/gl) henderson takes away gurleys rec numbers and some long downs leaving gurley with maybe 210-220 carries and thats without him missing games,avoid for me unless he falls to 5th rd
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,398.24
Can anyone remember the last RB that had this much preseason doubt that ended up producing. Seems like when there's smoke...but there must have been some RB that the doubt was wrong, right?
db45655 wrote:Can anyone remember the last RB that had this much preseason doubt that ended up producing. Seems like when there's smoke...but there must have been some RB that the doubt was wrong, right?

This isn't doubt. Arthritis in the knee doesn't just go away. Once it's there it's there to stay. This is why I'm still scratching my head why 1st round was apparently the talking point before this week. That's just stupid silly.

Could he still be productive despite it? Absolutely, but you won't have any more info between now and after games actually start.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,398.24
I didn't know it was a fact that he had arthritis. I saw a report on the Athletic but it didn't say where he got the results from. It's been confirmed? Roto and other site seem to quote the Athletic not Gurley, the team or the doctor.