2019 Coaching Hot Seat/Black Monday

Sand$: 43,665.35
got it, that's what I thought you meant.
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,546.86
tsbgrayghost wrote:Figured Coughlin would have his own thread.

:lol:

Nah, not worth it. People will forget about him soon enough
Megalodon

Hoping this is just because Khan told Caldwell/Marrone that nothing is for certain yet and he's just playing it close to the vest.
Megalodon
Marrone has been informed that he will be fired Monday. No word on our GM Caldwell yet
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,876.36
Markulous wrote:Marrone has been informed that he will be fired Monday. No word on our GM Caldwell yet

Shad Khan's spokesman refuted it, apparently.

Michael DiRocco, ESPN Staff Writer wrote:Jaguars owner Shad Khan spokesman Jim Woodcock says coach Doug Marrone has not been informed he has been fired: "Reports that Doug Marrone will be dismissed after Sunday's game are 100 percent incorrect. Owner Shad Khan will meet with his football staff, which includes coaching and personnel, midweek next week."

Looks like he will be fired next Wednesday, not Monday. :lol:

Megalodon
Yeah, guess it won't happen right after the game now.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,322.76
[quote="jnadke"]Anyone have a list of guys that might get shots this year?

New:
Robert Saleh
Matt Rhule
Greg Roman
Eric Bieniemy
Matt Eberflus

Anyone I missed?

Obviously not including the umpteen retreads that will crawl out of the woodwork.

Yeah, you can add the usual college list, but those higher paid guys aren't leaving their 10 year $50M guaranteed contract jobs.[/quote]

Rumors in Nola keep bringing up Dennis Allen as HC Candidate for next Year.

Hoping he's stays here so
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 559.72
Kellen Moore. Spagnello might be options

Q Jackson,
R Kamara, Sanders, Lat. Murray, M. Boone, Pollard, Scott
W Julio, Godwin, Parker, Hollywood, Miller, Perriman
T Kittle
K N/A
D Ravens
Megalodon
Sand$: 134,549.35
And away we go......

Megalodon
Sand$: 134,549.35
For those that might not have heard, Arthur Blank already announced before today's game that Quinn will be back in 2020 to lead the Falcons. Sounds like he's retaining the whole staff as well.

I'm actually ok with it. Defense played much better in the second half, offense was good most of the season. Team played very hard the last half but just had too big of a hole to climb out of. Just unfortunate to see what the team might have been and yet wasted the season.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,605.90
scootm44 wrote:For those that might not have heard, Arthur Blank already announced before today's game that Quinn will be back in 2020 to lead the Falcons. Sounds like he's retaining the whole staff as well.

I'm actually ok with it. Defense played much better in the second half, offense was good most of the season. Team played very hard the last half but just had too big of a hole to climb out of. Just unfortunate to see what the team might have been and yet wasted the season.

Good thing Quinn wasn’t coaching them the first half of the season.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,690.54
rotoworld wrote:Redskins fired president Bruce Allen.

Allen had a 10-year run atop the Redskins' organization, "graduating" from EVP to GM to president, but it was evident Allen was the one calling the shots in D.C. He has a history with the Grudens, and once Jay Gruden was canned earlier in the season, the writing was on the wall for Allen. The Skins went to the playoffs twice under Allen, losing both times in the Wild Card round. Early reports out of the area are that Ron Rivera is expected to get the Redskins' coaching job. Owner Dan Snyder will probably still get involved in this situation, but Rivera is expected to be able to hire his own GM should he get the job.

rotoworld wrote:ESPN's Adam Schefter and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport both report ex-Panthers coach Ron Rivera is expected to get the Redskins' head-coaching job.

RapSheet reports it should be done by the end of the day Monday. It's unclear if the Redskins even interviewed anyone else for the job, as Rivera emerged quickly as the man for owner Dan Snyder. Rivera was let go by the Panthers earlier this month and was always expected to land on his feet in short order. It's somewhat surprising he chooses to go try and fix the years-long mess in D.C., however, as Rivera probably could have gotten into a better situation. The hiring should be official in the next 12-24 hours.

I wonder if Trent Williams would play for Ron Rivera.
Giants fire Pat Shurmur
Megalodon
I'd guess Shurmur should get hired relatively quickly as an OC somewhere.
Maybe DC with Rivera?

I think Shurmur's best chances at an OC gig is landing with an old school defensive head coach so that is my initial destination that comes to mind.