Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,878.06
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:
Elmagister wrote:I'll meet y'all in the middle and call it systemic discrimination.

i'm fully on board with that verbage, yes.

its systemic racism whether you like saying the phrase or not.

it has nothing to do with whether i like saying it or not. it has zero to do with my feelings. it has everything to do with using proper verbiage based on the definition of the words being used. i'm a stickler for precision and clarity, particularly when it comes to hot button topics.

racism

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

discrimination

the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.

one can discriminate without being racist. of course, we all know discrimination very often happens as a result of racism. but racism is not a prerequisite for discrimination. do you believe zimmer and others being discussed here are racist? if not, then they're not participating in systemic racism. they're participating in systemic discrimination, and that discrimination unfairly affects individuals of color, most definitely. but there is a distinct difference between correlation and causation. the cause is nepotism/good ole boy network practices. the cause is not zimmer and belichick are racists.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Sand$: 116,074.16
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/284 ... bert-saleh

So Robert Saleh gets his foot in the door as a GA - first at Michigan State then at Central Michigan.
Matt LaFleur via the same method, first at his alma mater Grand Valley State then at Central Michigan (with Saleh).
Saleh impresses Tony Oden in their 3 weeks working together before Oden bolts for the Texans.
So when an opening for an internship with the Texans opens up a year later under Oden's watch he pitches for Saleh.
Who works his way up and gets his best man, Matt, into the NFL.
Who then works his way up and gets his brother, Mike, in the door in Atlanta.

GA's...buddy-buddy...nepotism...and they're all going to be on the same field Sunday afternoon.

---

I'm on confirmation bias overload over here.