Megalodon
Posts: 20477
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 22,743.86
Jcb890 wrote:
Renegade wrote:If you're sitting on Gordon, do you trade him for guys like Fournette, Chubb, Jacobs, Kerryon, Carson?

IMO, his upside is better than all these guys (minus Chubb, but I have no faith Kitchens knows WTH he's doing)...so you stand pat?

I'd trade Gordon for Chubb.
Are we talking trading Gordon today as an unknown? If so, any of those guys have more current value and would be a fine trade.
Doesn't mean that when Gordon comes back he doesn't have more value than those others guys. But, that's the gamble.

Completely agree. Even Kerryon or Fournette, I'd trade for. They're healthy right now and are getting 20+ touches a game. Gordon is getting 0 touches a game right now.
Megalodon
Posts: 15875
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004
Sand$: 10,142.68
Jcb890 wrote:Are we talking trading Gordon today as an unknown? If so, any of those guys have more current value and would be a fine trade.
Doesn't mean that when Gordon comes back he doesn't have more value than those others guys. But, that's the gamble.


Yes, that's exactly where I was going. Guess I just want to see the amount of gamblers we have in the Tank and who would sit on him
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21892
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 53,341.70
Renegade wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Are we talking trading Gordon today as an unknown? If so, any of those guys have more current value and would be a fine trade.
Doesn't mean that when Gordon comes back he doesn't have more value than those others guys. But, that's the gamble.


Yes, that's exactly where I was going. Guess I just want to see the amount of gamblers we have in the Tank and who would sit on him

I'm sitting on him... but nobody is making those offers.
I'd move him for a quality RB who is a known commodity, depending on the deal.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2033
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010
Sand$: 6,273.56
Renegade wrote:If you're sitting on Gordon, do you trade him for guys like Fournette, Chubb, Jacobs, Kerryon, Carson?

IMO, his upside is better than all these guys (minus Chubb, but I have no faith Kitchens knows WTH he's doing)...so you stand pat?

I might try to package my Fournette and maybe a WR for Gordon before the owner realizes he might be back sooner.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29804
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,872.92
Gordon doesn’t have to play this season, just saying
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 64715
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 35,752.00
rugger48 wrote:Gordon doesn’t have to play this season, just saying

He does if he wants to toll his contract.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29804
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,872.92
He’s got 4 year, is there a rule that says he has to play?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 38412
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006
Sand$: 53,744.55
He has to report by week 8 or 9 or something. Not sure what he gains from continuing to holdout, other than save some carries.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 64715
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 35,752.00
rugger48 wrote:He’s got 4 year, is there a rule that says he has to play?

Yeah, he's under the 5th year option. He has to report to toll that year.

I could be talking out my butt though.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29804
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,872.92
Elmagister wrote:
rugger48 wrote:He’s got 4 year, is there a rule that says he has to play?

Yeah, he's under the 5th year option. He has to report to toll that year.

I could be talking out my butt though.


Ya, I’m not so sure I know completely either.
Tiger Shark
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Sep 5, 2012
Sand$: 325.62
Wait we are actually talking about the original post? Who are we what have we done?
_______________________________________

Patrick M/Big Ben
Mike Davis/Gus Edwards/White/Henderson
Hopkins/Juju/Gage/
Cole/Lazard/Crowder
Ertz
Tucker
Steelers D
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4875
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 46,217.14
He's a free agent next season as long as he reports on time (week 10 maybe)
_______________________________________

Nothing has changed. Therefore, for working people to be free, they must seize control of the means of production.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 64715
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 35,752.00
TheJayCutlers wrote:He's a free agent next season as long as he reports on time (week 10 maybe)

Week 10 is correct.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018
Sand$: 1,649.52
for those with Gordon

you should have drafted insurance policy anyway, so stay strong on the trade front

for example - I drafted lamar miller :thumbright:
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21892
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 53,341.70
Vision wrote:for those with Gordon

you should have drafted insurance policy anyway, so stay strong on the trade front

for example - I drafted lamar miller :thumbright:

Ekeler taken 2 spots ahead of me. The guy I took the prior round... Andrew Luck, retired less than 24 hours after our draft.
I have other insurance, but not direct Gordon/Ekeler insurance unfortunately.