Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,667.10
Miller is it for me. Maybe cohen
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,692.36
rugger48 wrote:Miller is it for me. Maybe cohen

I think Miller has a shot....as long as we don't get Turdisky. Obviously.

<edit> Possible #1 for Trubisky the next 10 years.

Possible turd.
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,322.24
I have interest in the RB's, just not sure how to value them.
Not much interest in ARob personally, I'd rather take a shot on someone up-and-coming.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,960.84

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 581.58
Everything I have read about Montgomery is about how smart he has been. They said he made a great cutback for a touchdown when a hole was filled by a linebacker and his size probably helped because the defense lost track of him behind a lineman.. I still don't know how consistent he is going to be from a fantasy perspective but from the way they are talking in training camp they got a great player. It's definitely a risk taking him at his current ADP (early 4th) but I think he will get a majority of the load in the 2nd half of the season barring injury.
Sand$: 115,518.50
I really want A Rob, but I also really want Miller and I don't want both.

In related news, I'm growing conflicted on Mitch vs. Jimmy.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,245.02
Montgomery is flying up draft boards and at it's only going to take 1-2 pre-season flashes where he will be overrated, and Cohen will be underrated.

QB: Wentz/Allen RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pllrd, Mattsn, Shady
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Miller; TE: Cook
K: Butt DEF: KC/MIN
--
QB: Russ RB: Cook, Carsn, Sgtry, Snell, Hunt
WR: Julio, Godwin, J.Brown, AJ, TE: Hig
K: Fairbarn DEF: SF/PHI
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 581.58
nosman21 wrote:Montgomery is flying up draft boards and at it's only going to take 1-2 pre-season flashes where he will be overrated, and Cohen will be underrated.

I agree and think Cohen will be underated in PPR leagues.

As for Montgomery - I think he is going to be good but it is tough to trust a rookie so I would avoid hijm if he moves into the 2nd or high 3rd round in a 12 team draft. I agree with some of the earlier sentiments about him possibly having limited touches but I still think he will be a consistent point producer. Ryan Pace did trade up to get him and I think Nagy is an innovative offensive coach who will find a way to maximize his skill set. Obviously taking a rookie is a risk but he does have potential to be a low end RB1 or high end RB2 and probably has a floor as a decent flex option which isn't bad for his current position as around the 22nd back going off the board. I can see some of the other RBs taken around then being busts.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,841.66
Nagy seems to be in love with Montgomery and he passed the eye test in their first preseason game.

Sure looks like he's headed for a decent workload. 220-240 carries + 30+ catches feels realistic if he stays healthy.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,162.59
Tacks652 wrote:Nagy seems to be in love with Montgomery and he passed the eye test in their first preseason game.

Sure looks like he's headed for a decent workload. 220-240 carries + 30+ catches feels realistic if he stays healthy.

Howard had 20 receptions last year and Cohen had 71.

I think Montgomery is going to catch 40+ passes easy. I think Cohen catches 60 max.

Dynasty 10 team 0.5 PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 2FLEX 1TE

L. Jackson, Baker, Brady

Zeke, L. Bell, Mixon, M. Sanders, T. Coleman

OBJ, Cooks, TY Hilton, R. Anderson, J. Gordon, D. Westbrook, T. Williams, McLaurin, Deebo

Engram, Hooper
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,006.48
Minister of Pain wrote:
Tacks652 wrote:Nagy seems to be in love with Montgomery and he passed the eye test in their first preseason game.

I think Montgomery is going to catch 40+ passes easy. I think Cohen catches 60 max.

If you were a coach with an incredibly efficient running back that couldn't hold up to a full workload... would you take away his touches just because another RB's more versatile?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Blue Shark
zuggyawesome wrote:
Minister of Pain wrote:

If you were a coach with an incredibly efficient running back that couldn't hold up to a full workload... would you take away his touches just because another RB's more versatile?

Is what I bolded really an argument to give Cohen more touches?

My argument is more about Jordan Howard’s inefficiency in the passing game. I still have Cohen catching around 60 passes.

Cohen will catch less passes because Montgomery will come off the field less than Howard did.

Dynasty 10 team 0.5 PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 2FLEX 1TE

L. Jackson, Baker, Brady

OBJ, Cooks, TY Hilton, R. Anderson, J. Gordon, D. Westbrook, T. Williams, McLaurin, Deebo

Engram, Hooper
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,006.48
Minister of Pain wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
Minister of Pain wrote:

Is what I bolded really an argument to give Cohen more touches?

My argument is more about Jordan Howard’s inefficiency in the passing game. I still have Cohen catching around 60 passes.

Cohen will catch less passes because Montgomery will come off the field less than Howard did.

I didn't say that Cohen should get more touches. I'm saying the only reason he's not a workhorse is because his body can't handle it. Why does it make sense to lighten his workload when his RB touches will very likely be far more efficient than Monty's?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,960.84
zuggyawesome wrote:I didn't say that Cohen should get more touches. I'm saying the only reason he's not a workhorse is because his body can't handle it. Why does it make sense to lighten his workload when his RB touches will very likely be far more efficient than Monty's?

Based on ... What, exactly? :-k

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Blue Shark
For what it is worth I have watched pretty much every Bears game of Howard’s and Cohens’s careers.

Howard came off the field A LOT on 3rd down. He came off the field because he is mediocre receiver and poor route runner. He never ran a seam route or a wheel route. He dropped too many easy passes.

Howard was also a poor fit for the blocking scheme that Nagy runs. Nagy likes to run a gap scheme and Howard was more successful in a zone scheme. Nagy literally changed his offense and blocking scheme to try to help Howard.

Enter Tarik Cohen. Cohen is the opposite. He is a fantastic receiver and route runner. He can run effectively in a gap scheme (though he is not an ideal fit given his size).

Nagy LOVES run-pass option (RPO) plays. RPOs work better with gap blocking vs zone blocking. RPOs work better with RBs that can catch the ball.

Is it any wonder that Nagy would give Cohen as much work as he did?

Nagy wanted Montgomery. This was Nagy’s pick through and through. He fits the system, unlike Howard. He can do everything Nagy wants to do, plus he isn’t “workload limited” like Cohen because he has the size to consistently run between the tackles.

Montgomery may or may not be as efficient as Cohen, but the Bears offense will be more dangerous and unpredictable when Montgomery is in the backfield.

Dynasty 10 team 0.5 PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 2FLEX 1TE

L. Jackson, Baker, Brady

Engram, Hooper