User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9230
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 20,233.80
My numbers were from the last 3 years of the Pennington MFL league, for reference.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 7,250.84
getdownmmmkay wrote:your opinion that stafford is a garbage QB is supported by statistical evidence?


Look, I know the Stafford apologists are going to blame everything other than Stafford for the fact the Lions have been basically terrible the entire time he's been there.

He's still a garbage QB though. Don't take it too personally. Most NFL QBs are garbage, it's incredibly difficult to be good at playing QB in the NFL.

As I said though, so that we don't get side tracked, he's a perfectly average fantasy QB. Just like Cousins is.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28878
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,080.00
There both better than average, and I’ve got them the same ranking or teir, I just think cousins is surrounded by a better team.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33034
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 25,384.08
A better team that invested in additions to the run game and offensive line, with a solid defense, and a head coach who probably wants to keep his job. Vikings are going to run a lot more this year. There’s also the question of whether or not Diggs wants to be there.

If you want to put your fantasy team in the hands of Kirk Cousins, be my guest. I’d rather have Stanford, or Jimmy G, or even Trubisky over Cousins. Might take Foles over him too.

And clearly I’m not alone in my thinking, Fantasy Football Calculator has Cousins ADP as the 21st QB off the board, right after Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.
_______________________________________

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 59322
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 25,337.24
SJSwarm wrote:A better team that invested in additions to the run game and offensive line, with a solid defense, and a head coach who probably wants to keep his job. Vikings are going to run a lot more this year. There’s also the question of whether or not Diggs wants to be there.

If you want to put your fantasy team in the hands of Kirk Cousins, be my guest. I’d rather have Stanford, or Jimmy G, or even Trubisky over Cousins. Might take Foles over him too.

And clearly I’m not alone in my thinking, Fantasy Football Calculator has Cousins ADP as the 21st QB off the board, right after Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.

ADP isn't a reflection of intelligence or anything other than where the average person is taking a player. Using ADP to thump your chest as right ignores that we take advantage of ADP for bargains/steals all the time.

Not endorsing Cousins, just saying.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28878
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,080.00
And Detroit doesn’t want to run more? How about a coach who can’t show up to his own meetings on time?

Vikings invested into an oline to help cousins too. You don’t invest a ab like cousins and just change the what your doing in one year.

They just gave diggs a new contract.


You would rather have jimmy g or turbisky over cousins?

I know this is going to trigger you, but your crazy.

Ffcalculator in July? He’s not going qb21.


Look I get it, but your letting your hate get in the way here. It’s way too obvious.


I mean really your taking garrapolo over cousins? He hasn’t even played a full season.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28878
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,080.00
Again I’m not cousins fan either.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7624
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 45,833.72
i have cousins as qb13 in my ranking,great cast of recievers (rb,wr,te)
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33034
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 25,384.08
You people just like to disagree with me. Like I said, if you want to hitch your fantasy wagon to Cousins, be my guest.
_______________________________________

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6937
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 24,067.64
SJSwarm wrote:You people just like to disagree with me. Like I said, if you want to hitch your fantasy wagon to Cousins, be my guest.


That did not work out for me last season.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28878
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,080.00
No swarm,I’m trying to understand, but who here is going to tell me that your passing on a 30td 4000+ yard Qb that you can get mid qb2? Add in talent around him. I’m not saying he’s better than Stanford, I’m simply saying that I have them close to being equal, now add talent and the scale tips to cousins
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33034
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 25,384.08
Look, I’m doing exactly one league this year, it’s a dynasty league, and I have Rivers and Brady. So I won’t be drafting either guy. But if I was, I’d take Stafford as my backup over Cousins. If you want Cousins, draft him.

As far as you “trying to understand” I explained why I don’t want Cousins in great detail. The Vikings are going to be involved in a lot more 17-10 type games than the Lions will. Stafford is going to get a ton of garbage time stats, Cousins is going to be handing the ball off a lot in the 2nd half. I don’t see what is so hard to comprehend.
_______________________________________

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 49291
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,933.73
Is a 375, 3td, 2int game better than a 280 2 td, 1int game?
Great White Shark
Posts: 2969
Joined: Thu Sep 7, 2017
Sand$: 7,250.84
I'm not saying that I want Cousins, I'm saying that the difference between him and Stafford is not as big as you are making it out to be.

They are both average FF QBs. If you prefer Stafford over Cousins there, great, I'm not arguing that. If you think Stafford is significantly better than Cousins, well, you're just wrong.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35583
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 46,214.56
ubertaco wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:your opinion that stafford is a garbage QB is supported by statistical evidence?


Look, I know the Stafford apologists are going to blame everything other than Stafford for the fact the Lions have been basically terrible the entire time he's been there.

He's still a garbage QB though. Don't take it too personally. Most NFL QBs are garbage, it's incredibly difficult to be good at playing QB in the NFL.

As I said though, so that we don't get side tracked, he's a perfectly average fantasy QB. Just like Cousins is.

So, no. No statistical evidence. Got it.
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian