Andrew Luck to Retire

Sand$: 43,834.51
Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) will sit out the next three days of practice.

Reich also recently noted Luck was "not ready to take the next step." This affirms the team will continue to move their franchise play-caller along slowly with an eye on Week 1. Now going on three months, Luck's injury is becoming a genuine concern, especially since he's currently being drafted as fantasy's QB2.

Andrew Luck (calf) told NBC Sports' Peter King he believes he will be ready for Week 1.

Luck responded, "No," when asked if he had any doubts about playing Week 1, but his follow-up was not as definitive. "I certainly believe I will," Luck said. "That’s certainly the goal." Normally, an early-camp calf strain would be nothing to worry about, but this injury has hampered Luck since April. It is a situation to monitor closely over the next couple weeks.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,294.14
I am not.
The Colts say Luck's calf injury is minor, so the injury isn't expected to threaten his training camp status.

This is from the middle of May and he hasn't practiced since.

Not ideal. At what point do non-worriers become worriers?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 116,910.28
Most teams rush players back from calf injuries and it rarely goes well. I applaud the cautious approach while also questioning whether they would be doing this if it were October.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,923.25
Yeah, I'm not worried.

With mind distracted, never thinking death is coming...
To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
and then to come out empty is a tragic error...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,245.02
I'm probably not drafting Luck this year. Too easy to wait for Baker or Matt Ryan.

QB: Wentz/Allen RB: Zeke, Cook, Sony, Pllrd, Mattsn, Shady
WR: KAllen, Woods, Sutt, Miller; TE: Cook
K: Butt DEF: KC/MIN
--
QB: Russ RB: Cook, Carsn, Sgtry, Snell, Hunt
WR: Julio, Godwin, J.Brown, AJ, TE: Hig
K: Fairbarn DEF: SF/PHI
SandShark
Sand$: 112.04
I think he will be fine ( or maybe wishfull thinking } I have him in a keeper league.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,548.32
Any time an injury is not progressing as expected, I'm worried. This has been going on at least since April (maybe longer) and despite 3 MRIs and two rest periods it's still a problem. That's enough to worry -- not freak out -- but worry.

"According to George Bremer of the Herald Bulletin, the Colts remain "confident and optimistic" Andrew Luck (calf) will be ready for Week 1 against the Chargers.
That's been the company line for the Colts all offseason, though we're going on three months of hearing about Luck's calf. Coach Frank Reich confirmed that Luck will be held out at least through the team's off day on Tuesday and admitted that the franchise quarterback is still dealing with a "degree of pain" in his injured calf. It seems the Colts are recycling many of the same lines they recited two years ago when Luck's balky shoulder kept him out for all of 2017. A notoriously slow healer, Luck's Week 1 status can no longer be taken for granted."
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,758.86
I am a bit to be honest, he is currently a top 3 QB draft pick. A calf injury going on months...

What exactly does "Confident & Optimistic" mean lmaoooo
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,250.62
I feel like I'm listening to a politician. Confident and optimistic?
The "degree of pain" thing is something I am worried about. Usually when guys are just sitting out camp, or their team is being super cautious, it seems like they use the "progressing well" or "he's feeling great" routine. Never talking about pain from a strain months later.

12 Tm, Std
Winston
Gurley, A Jones, Singletary, Mattison, Boone
Lockett, DJ Moore, Boyd, M Williams, R Anderson, AJ Green
Kelce
Buttkicker
BALT
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,758.86
For what it's worth Peter King just stated on Pardon the Interruption that he spoke with Luck and he said luck said "he isn't concerned about it" take that with a grain of salt.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,093.04
no

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 259.74
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,683.76
If this goes into the season, probably unlikely , but if it did, it’s going to be interesting to see if irsay can keep his foot out if his mouth this time.