Andrew Luck to Retire

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,141.88
The heat he's catching was to be expected doing this 2 weeks before the season starts. But, none of us really know the extent of his current injury and even whether that would have kept him out of any early season games. That said, I think he should have at least tried to rehab and come back later in the season then retire after...

I don't fault him either way though and again, we don't know all the details. Good guy and I don't doubt his sincerity at all.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,035.72
sctroyfan wrote:The heat he's catching was to be expected doing this 2 weeks before the season starts. But, none of us really know the extent of his current injury and even whether that would have kept him out of any early season games. That said, I think he should have at least tried to rehab and come back later in the season then retire after...

I don't fault him either way though and again, we don't know all the details. Good guy and I don't doubt his sincerity at all.

At this point, he's been rehabbing for 6 years. He's tired. He's wealthy. He can afford to walk away. Any of us would if we'd had our fill.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,141.88
Elmagister wrote:
sctroyfan wrote:The heat he's catching was to be expected doing this 2 weeks before the season starts. But, none of us really know the extent of his current injury and even whether that would have kept him out of any early season games. That said, I think he should have at least tried to rehab and come back later in the season then retire after...

At this point, he's been rehabbing for 6 years. He's tired. He's wealthy. He can afford to walk away. Any of us would if we'd had our fill.

Yep ~ Just not the way I would have handled it but he's not me and that's probably a good thing. I'm poor and lack skills

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,461.54
It's understandable Colts fans are upset. So while I personally never like fans booing the home team players, I understand it. Same with anyone who drafted Luck in FF (or T.Y. etc ...).

But he's gotta do what he thinks is right for him and his family. As far as I can tell, the dude's always been stand up. He takes care of business without all the off field shenanigans and drama of some guys. As for being a quitter -- after his junior year at Stanford he was projected as the #1 pick in the draft, but he stayed to play another year and get his degree.
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,493.42
grace wrote:It's understandable Colts fans are upset. So while I personally never like fans booing the home team players, I understand it. Same with anyone who drafted Luck in FF (or T.Y. etc ...).

But he's gotta do what he thinks is right for him and his family. As far as I can tell, the dude's always been stand up. He takes care of business without all the off field shenanigans and drama of some guys. As for being a quitter -- after his junior year at Stanford he was projected as the #1 pick in the draft, but he stayed to play another year and get his degree.

It's reasonable to be disappointed that he's done, but any "fan" booing a player who chose to retire rather than continue to risk his own life for their entertainment is an a$$hole.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 128,667.70
hard 10 wrote:
grace wrote:It's understandable Colts fans are upset. So while I personally never like fans booing the home team players, I understand it. Same with anyone who drafted Luck in FF (or T.Y. etc ...).

It's reasonable to be disappointed that he's done, but any "fan" booing a player who chose to retire rather than continue to risk his own life for their entertainment is an a$$hole.

Oh man. I totally agree. I can't believe those fans at the game booed him off the field. Classless move by all who did. Period.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,204.90
Sorry if this is already in discussion. If so, please delete.

Otherwise...discuss!! (I'll join in later)

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,309.86
No. I don't see anything on his resume that would say HoF QB. Too few seasons, no SBs, etc.
Supreme Megalodon
There is already discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=351699&start=225
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 33,191.48
Agree.

Heard some discussion on two different hosted NFL radio shows where the hosts 100% agreed that it's no for the reasons you cited.

His likability will sway some to a yes but I think the objective view is no.

A poll here is probably a fair barometer.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,184.42
Click for the entire thread

Supreme Megalodon
TheJayCutlers wrote:Click for the entire thread

Good thread.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,398.24
I loved how he'd pop up after getting destroyed and say nice hit.