The Darwin Thompson Theory

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 455.62
Kid is built like a freak for his size. Fast. Looks real. Is this kid Hunt 2.0? He's on some ww's. RBBC out of Reids mouth today, but in that offense, I wonder if this kid could at least become flex worthy?
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,164.32
rp12812 wrote:Kid is built like a freak for his size. Fast. Looks real. Is this kid Hunt 2.0? He's on some ww's. RBBC out of Reids mouth today, but in that offense, I wonder if this kid could at least become flex worthy?

Not in any dynasty im in.

Nor in any redraft ive been in yet.

(And no, its not me taking him everytime - tho i would :) )

I'm a fan. I just don't think we'll see much for at leats 4, maybe 6, 8 or 10 weeks.

As Hawkdog has posted, his pass pro aint great (Small school, wasnt asked to do it much, smaller guy - if jacked - NFL D players not CFB). Not yet. You dont risk Mahomes just to give a rookie RB youve got for 4yrs touches.

If youre stashing in redrafts? Be prepared: Its a hold for a spot you might regret later. If you pull the trigger you are committing to at least some level of patience with the situation.

Theres a long way left to go in this yet: Darrel, Carlos and the incumbent Damien (and i wouldnt be surprised to see Hardman on some packages either). Great for RL, but outside of Mahomes, Hill & Kelce theres a plethora and abundance of options for Reid to call for all FF ownbers of all permutations to be happy by wk16.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,675.00
Not expecting much this year, but I like his long term dynasty prospects
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 24,654.54
Not entirely relevant, but just saw this.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,959.12
Yea. I like him.
I think he could be good.
Great acceleration and contact balance and surprising power so far. Great receiving back. Soft hands. Still small. Can he be a feature back? Not sure. Also just a really magnetic personality. Seems grounded and driven. The references to the “D train” are all about him staying on the right track with family and god.

His pass pro needs work but is improving. He leveled a free running DE last night. I whooped.
Megalodon
I remember when someone pulled me up for mentioning him and MJD in the same post.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
hawkdogger wrote:Yea. I like him.
I think he could be good.
Great acceleration and contact balance and surprising power so far. Great receiving back. Soft hands. Still small. Can he be a feature back? Not sure. Also just a really magnetic personality. Seems grounded and driven. The references to the “D train” are all about him staying on the right track with family and god.

His pass pro needs work but is improving. He leveled a free running DE last night. I whooped.

Yeah, the contact balance is ...well, its just not something you see all that often.

The power isnt surprising tho.

Elms post has covered it, but both these posts from the sleepr/ breakout thread:

jamcutpost wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
If im making a comp? Its MJD not Smallwood

Woah, woah, woah.

MJD?

So youre saying the comp is accurate as Smallwood then? :D

Which was the intent behind the post.

Oh and fwiw, strong?

There are many reasons he may or may not succeed in the NFL

Swarm is right to tap the brakes. His ADP looks like it might well exceed where it should be.

But strength - to come out of a pile - isnt a concern to anyone whos watched much of him. The Dtrain handle isnt just a nickname.

jamcutpost wrote:
Last edited by jamcutpost on Mon 08.12.2019, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.

- Douglas Adams
Megalodon

- Douglas Adams
Blue Shark
Sand$: 846.14
Remember Andy Reid had a short RB who was quite the fantasy stud in Brian Westbrook...Darwin seems similar but with more power and strength...I’ll reach for him in keeper leagues for
Blue Shark
Sand$: 18,111.82
jamcutpost wrote:

Before clicking on it, i said to myself "He can deadlift 345, big whoop", but then I saw it was a clean! :action-smiley-035:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,299.32
As someone who actually watched him play in college, I'll be stunned if he suddenly turns into a stud at this level.

Might he get a slice of KC's RBBC pie? Sure, and that's worth rostering in dynasty leagues for sure. But the fact that he's going so early in dynasty drafts speaks more to the thin nature of this offensive draft class, and eternal offseason hopefulness than it does to actual talent.

Honestly I want him to fail at this point more because Jam will never, ever, ever, ever shut up about it if he does anything. Ever. :lol:

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:As someone who actually watched him play in college, I'll be stunned if he suddenly turns into a stud at this level.

Might he get a slice of KC's RBBC pie? Sure, and that's worth rostering in dynasty leagues for sure. But the fact that he's going so early in dynasty drafts speaks more to the thin nature of this offensive draft class, and eternal offseason hopefulness than it does to actual talent.

Honestly I want him to fail at this point more because Jam will never, ever, ever, ever shut up about it if he does anything. Ever. :lol:

Mid 3rd on MFL ADP in rookie drafts post 8/1.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,299.32
This is what I said in May, my opinion hasn't changed:

SJSwarm wrote:
I'm just saying I think fantasy footballers are looking for the next big thing and are comparing this guy to HOF'ers/1st round picks (not from you, but I've heard multiple times now in multiple forums that Darwin is going to be KC's Barry Sanders, and yeah he can squat a lot but that doesn't make him MJD either), and there is a reason he ended up at Utah State, and there is a reason he wasn't a hot transfer candidate coming out of NOA&M........he's not special. And why did he have a 50:50 split with a guy that has almost zero chance at making the NFL? :-k

But as I said, he only has to beat out a JAG to win the job, so for your sake I hope you are right and that he kills it. As someone who has watched a lot of his games, I just don't see it. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about a RB.

These wish and a prayer type guys are great for later in drafts, but that isn't going to happen with this guy now because HYPE, and it could be a crippling blow for a dynasty owner to swing and miss on a guy like this in the 2nd or God help us all the late 1st round. But if the hype train keeps up, it will push the dope IDP's down further in the draft, just like Nyheim Hines did last year.

He went late in the 1st in The Premier League's recent draft.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,959.12
SJSwarm wrote:This is what I said in May, my opinion hasn't changed:

SJSwarm wrote:
I'm just saying I think fantasy footballers are looking for the next big thing and are comparing this guy to HOF'ers/1st round picks (not from you, but I've heard multiple times now in multiple forums that Darwin is going to be KC's Barry Sanders, and yeah he can squat a lot but that doesn't make him MJD either), and there is a reason he ended up at Utah State, and there is a reason he wasn't a hot transfer candidate coming out of NOA&M........he's not special. And why did he have a 50:50 split with a guy that has almost zero chance at making the NFL? :-k

But as I said, he only has to beat out a JAG to win the job, so for your sake I hope you are right and that he kills it. As someone who has watched a lot of his games, I just don't see it. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about a RB.

These wish and a prayer type guys are great for later in drafts, but that isn't going to happen with this guy now because HYPE, and it could be a crippling blow for a dynasty owner to swing and miss on a guy like this in the 2nd or God help us all the late 1st round. But if the hype train keeps up, it will push the dope IDP's down further in the draft, just like Nyheim Hines did last year.

He went late in the 1st in The Premier League's recent draft.

And worth every penny!
Supreme Megalodon
Isn't Premier as a devy league sort of like a keeper league in that 1st round value there isn't the same as 1st round value in rookie drafts?