The Darwin Thompson Theory

Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,884.08
I would love to grab and hold BOTH Darwin and Darrel W. if I could. Trying to catch lightning in a bottle here... Problem is can I find the room. Would you guys drop any or more than one of the following to snag and hold both those guys? 1/2 PPR

-C. Thompson (low ceiling but gets his in PPR)
-Cohen (also low ceiling and no longer seems to be getting his in PPR any more... Maybe because Trub is so awful??)
-J. Samuels (Conner looks to be good to go this week)
-MVS (not doing much but feels early to cut bait on him?)
-C. Sutton (an enigma to me)

Those are really the only bench people I could potentially cut IMO.

My RB starters are Gurley and A. Jones and the guys I listed above are my crappy depth behind them.

I'm a dudette. Image
Sand$: 32,620.71
Rookie running back Darwin Thompson played a handful of snaps in the Chiefs’ first two games but his first significant playing time could come on Sunday against the Ravens at Arrowhead Stadium. Starter Damien Williams will not play because of a knee injury, so there’s some playing time available. LeSean McCoy appears he will be ready to play but the Chiefs are likely to be cautious about overloading him. McCoy was on the injury report this week with a sprained ankle. So Thompson and another backup, Darrel Williams, will likely play more than they have. Thompson said the biggest adjustment to the NFL has been in understanding his responsibilities in pass protection. “They’re a lot better disguising them in the NFL. In colleges, there wasn’t much of a disguise. You knew who was coming. So it’s just an awareness of what’s coming,’’ Thompson said. Thompson is only 200 pounds but said he could handle the physical part of pass blocking. “It’s a pride thing,’’ he said. “You don’t want to let another grown man knock you out . . . You’ve got to want to do it. It’s going to keep you on the field or keep you off the field. You choose.’’

Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff Writer

Megalodon
Sand$: 54,516.68
I can see a blown pass protection and then not seeing another snap the rest of the game in favor of the other D. Williams.
Andy Reid don't play 'dat game.
I'm not sure how good or bad Thompson is in pass protection though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,731.98
bunnywafer wrote:I would love to grab and hold BOTH Darwin and Darrel W. if I could. Trying to catch lightning in a bottle here... Problem is can I find the room. Would you guys drop any or more than one of the following to snag and hold both those guys? 1/2 PPR

-C. Thompson (low ceiling but gets his in PPR)
-Cohen (also low ceiling and no longer seems to be getting his in PPR any more... Maybe because Trub is so awful??)
-J. Samuels (Conner looks to be good to go this week)
-MVS (not doing much but feels early to cut bait on him?)
-C. Sutton (an enigma to me)

Those are really the only bench people I could potentially cut IMO.

My RB starters are Gurley and A. Jones and the guys I listed above are my crappy depth behind them.

Sutton, easily.
Then MVS ( I'm getting ready to cut him for a ticket like J Hill or even a handcuff like Edmonds....hoard the rbs always)

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,291.94
Jcb890 wrote:I can see a blown pass protection and then not seeing another snap the rest of the game in favor of the other D. Williams.
Andy Reid don't play 'dat game.
I'm not sure how good or bad Thompson is in pass protection though.

The reports I saw in the preseason were that he was good at the actual physical pass blocking part, he just needed more practice at recognizing where the rush was coming from.
That 2nd part is a killer if he can't pick it up.
But if he's on the field for a significant amount of time this week, it suggests he's progressed to the point that he's not endangering the franchise.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,370.86
Shady listed as questionnable. Looks like he'll play, but unclear how much he'll play.

I'd say Baltimore has been pretty stingy so far. But they've also played MIA and ARI. Not a great sample, especially compared to that KC offense.

May start Shady over Miles Sanders. But my homerism may hope for the breakout game from Miles.
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
Yeah, KC o line is a million times better than Arizona, even with Fisher out. Plus teams cant load the box with Mahomes there, so I'd expect KC to have a decent run game this week still
Great White Shark
This week, I'd bench the Kc RBs if you possibly can. Got someone w a better health/use outlook than Shady? Go with him.
I see this O as being pass, pass, pass right now. Inside the 5? Sure, run it.
But ALL the answers right now look to be coming out of Mahomes arm.
When the RB situation un muddies, I'll feel comfy starting one of them ahead of the variety of healthy RB2s.

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 310.76
What do you guys think about Anthony Sherman? Veteran player Reid trusts. Maybe they would use him as a pass protector in dual RB packages. That would be one way to get Thompson involved out of the backfield
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,334.60
GranolaJoe wrote:What do you guys think about Anthony Sherman? Veteran player Reid trusts. Maybe they would use him as a pass protector in dual RB packages. That would be one way to get Thompson involved out of the backfield

No
Megalodon
Sand$: 119,871.51
I grabbed him nearly everywhere late in my drafts. Going to sit tight for the most part this week but may roll him out in my flex for one league where I've been using Duke. Duke good for a safe 10 points maybe. Wouldn't take a lot for DarTH to sniff that.

Get it? DarTh?

Megalodon
Cadence calls wrote:This week, I'd bench the Kc RBs if you possibly can. Got someone w a better health/use outlook than Shady? Go with him.
When the RB situation un muddies, I'll feel comfy starting one of them ahead of the variety of healthy RB2s.

Only way I'd consider starting Darwin is if there is a reputable report before the game saying he is getting the lions share of touches over McCoy or mccoy somehow misses the game. But I don't anticipate being tempted to start any of their RBs
Great White Shark
Markulous wrote:
Cadence calls wrote:This week, I'd bench the Kc RBs if you possibly can. Got someone w a better health/use outlook than Shady? Go with him.

Only way I'd consider starting Darwin is if there is a reputable report before the game saying he is getting the lions share of touches over McCoy or mccoy somehow misses the game. But I don't anticipate being tempted to start any of their RBs

Wouldn't that be awesome, if Thompson got the start and blew it up?
The Tank would be sooooo happy!

Megalodon
That would be awesome. I would be happy if he became a solid flex player to use during byes. Anything more than that would be sweet
Megalodon
Sand$: 119,871.51
HEY GUYS....DARTH.....GET IT???