The Darwin Thompson Theory

Post Reply  
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58825
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 24,654.54
I don't think so. People were already calling him Westbrook.
Megalodon
Posts: 18630
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 19,517.40
I mean Hyde isn't good, so it's not a great indicator.
Blue Shark
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Jun 3, 2012
Sand$: 846.14
This is exactly why I like drafting early, by time my drafts come he’ll be like 7-8 rounder
Moderator
Posts: 56349
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,884.22
Markulous wrote:I mean Hyde isn't good, so it's not a great indicator.

I think it'd only be news if he did not pass Hyde on the depth chart.
Moderator
Posts: 56349
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,884.22
mj021407 wrote:This is exactly why I like drafting early, by time my drafts come he’ll be like 7-8 rounder

Let them. He's a worthwhile late round dart throw, but any earlier is kinda silly. His most likely outcome is banishment to waivers sometime in September because he's not getting enough snaps. Circumstances could dictate otherwise, but there are better bets to make in that area of the draft. If he slips to the late rounds then dart toss, but if not then ear mark him as someone you may pick up in October or so after their drafter drops him.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 39290
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2004
Sand$: 22,875.10
Jesus He is going late 8th round last day or so

That’s an expensive backup
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26300
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 32,448.94
It feels (even if stats may not support it) that Andy finds ways to fully utilize RB skills and that Thompson looks like he could be a really nice fantasy grab, especially if you drafted a month or so ago before the hype impacted his ADP.
Megalodon
Posts: 18630
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 19,517.40
I'll look at him in double digit rounds but otherwise 8th round is just too steep for a guy you probably can't start for a while
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6538
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 12,036.84
I'm thinking about stashing this guy on the end of my bench. Draft is over, we are now in FCFS waivers until the start of the season... who would you rather have as end of bench upside:

Darwin Thompson
DK Metcalf
Michael Gallup
Courtland Sutton
Tarik Cohen

We have tons of flex spots so start up to 4 RBs or 6 WRs per week.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 39290
Joined: Fri Sep 3, 2004
Sand$: 22,875.10
bunnywafer wrote:I'm thinking about stashing this guy on the end of my bench. Draft is over, we are now in FCFS waivers until the start of the season... who would you rather have as end of bench upside:

Darwin Thompson
DK Metcalf
Michael Gallup
Courtland Sutton
Tarik Cohen

We have tons of flex spots so start up to 4 RBs or 6 WRs per week.


Get rid of Metcalf

Wait. All those are in the wire. Must have short rosters
Moderator
Posts: 56349
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,884.22
Lundy Love wrote:
bunnywafer wrote:I'm thinking about stashing this guy on the end of my bench. Draft is over, we are now in FCFS waivers until the start of the season... who would you rather have as end of bench upside:

Darwin Thompson
DK Metcalf
Michael Gallup
Courtland Sutton
Tarik Cohen

We have tons of flex spots so start up to 4 RBs or 6 WRs per week.


Get rid of Metcalf

Wait. All those are in the wire. Must have short rosters

Yeah, I struggle with making recommendations in leegs with that sorta replacement value freely available. Not all of my leegs are deep, but none are that shallow. So...shrug.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6538
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 12,036.84
Sorry.... I was trying to avoid making this a "who should I drop thread" so avoided that language but that's the request. All those guys are on my roster. The league is very deep actually.
_______________________________________

Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 25,299.32
bunnywafer wrote:Sorry.... I was trying to avoid making this a "who should I drop thread" so avoided that language but that's the request. All those guys are on my roster. The league is very deep actually.



If you want Thompson, I'd find someone dumb in your league who likes Cohen.

The other option would be cutting Metcalf, who is likely going to be the 3rd or 4th receiving option on a running team.
_______________________________________

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Moderator
Posts: 56349
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 113,884.22
bunnywafer wrote:Sorry.... I was trying to avoid making this a "who should I drop thread" so avoided that language but that's the request. All those guys are on my roster. The league is very deep actually.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=351909

I have no intention on having either Metcalf or Sutton on any rooster come week 1.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16852
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$: 136,464.91
OarChambo wrote:
mj021407 wrote:This is exactly why I like drafting early, by time my drafts come he’ll be like 7-8 rounder

Let them. He's a worthwhile late round dart throw, but any earlier is kinda silly. His most likely outcome is banishment to waivers sometime in September because he's not getting enough snaps. Circumstances could dictate otherwise, but there are better bets to make in that area of the draft. If he slips to the late rounds then dart toss, but if not then ear mark him as someone you may pick up in October or so after their drafter drops him.

Are you reluctant to buy in because you feel D Williams has a solid lock on the job?
_______________________________________

Image