Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,567.68
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
bluemist wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Rapp's just playing agent parrot, play nice now and get a scoop later.
Not the first time for this, to be sure. Sort of the way the game is played.

Not sure how this plays out, but getting rid of your best player rarely turns out great for any team trying to contend.

Agreed with both of you guys. I don't think it really benefits us either.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,608.69
Didn't Jalen so say he's out indefinitely for the birth? Giving himself a paternity leave to avoid playing
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,211.98
endzoneview wrote:I’m going to be jealous of whatever team gets him

His acquisition will have a Khalil Mack level impact

Or an AB level impact.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,211.98
SUPERIMIAINI wrote:Ramsey with the CHIEFS and the HONEYBADGER in the middle, shhhhhhi.....That's a start.

If that happens, i might be picking up KC.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,624.14
bluemist wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Rapp's just playing agent parrot, play nice now and get a scoop later.
Not the first time for this, to be sure. Sort of the way the game is played.

Not sure how this plays out, but getting rid of your best player rarely turns out great for any team trying to contend.

Their not contending. This relationship is pretty much is over.
Last edited by rugger48 on Thu 09.26.2019, 10:37, edited 2 times in total.
Megalodon
wmharley wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I’m going to be jealous of whatever team gets him

His acquisition will have a Khalil Mack level impact

Or an AB level impact.

Like him or not, he isn't AB or anything close to that.
Sand$: 39,731.49
I was not jealous of any team that signed AB.

Ramsey will have a Khlali Mack-lite impact on whatever team he gets traded too. Just a notch below.

If the Jets were 3-0, I wouldn't have been upset for them to make that move. 0-3 makes that impossible.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,068.06
endzoneview wrote:I was not jealous of any team that signed AB.

Ramsey will have a Khlali Mack-lite impact on whatever team he gets traded too. Just a notch below.

If the Jets were 3-0, I wouldn't have been upset for them to make that move. 0-3 makes that impossible.

Impossible for you to not be upset or impossible for the JETS to make the move?

I only ask because of what the Steelers already did.
I don’t agree with what the Steelers did. If there’s a better chance of you picking top 10 than there is of going to the playoffs, you can’t trade a 1st rounder and pay big $$$.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,640.54
you're gonna be paying that money anyway

might as well put it on the books now and move to the next position

rather than gamble on a draft pick

"It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both."
I’d take my chances on drafting a stud in the top 10 and getting 4 years at a discount before paying out a huge guarantee deal. Plus, I’d know the guy before committing that kind of cash.

Picking 25-30, the chances of finding that stud are less.
Megalodon
I think Eagles would make the most sense as a trade partner.

- It gets Ramsey out of the AFC
- Eagles could send Ertz or Goedert + first round pick. Losing just one of those guys for an elite DB would be a win for them.
- Eagles secondary isn't good and they got a bit banged up last night.
- Eagles are 2-2 now and just beat a good team, they probably feel like Ramsey would help push them to make a strong postseason run.

If Ramsey is done, even if we pay him and fire Coughlin, then I guess just trade the guy. They need to cut Coughlin though when either the season is over or when we are eliminated from playoff contention (whichever comes first) so he doesn't chase more of our best players out of town.
Last edited by Markulous on Fri 09.27.2019, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,249.60
Markulous wrote:I think Eagles would make the most sense as a trade partner.

- It gets Ramsey out of the AFC
- Eagles could send Ertz or Goedert + first round pick. Losing just one of those guys for an elite DB would be a win for them.
- Eagles secondary isn't good and they got a bit banged up last night.
- Eagles are 2-2 now and just beat a good team, they probably feel like Ramsey would help push them to make a strong postseason run.

If Ramsey is done even if we pay him and fire Coughlin then I guess just trade the guy. They need to cut Coughlin though when either the season is over or when we are eliminated from playoff contention (whichever comes first) so he doesn't chase more of our best players out of town.

That actually kind of makes sense.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 272.78
Ertz and Goedert are crucial to the Eagles offense. Ertz for his receiving talent and Goedert is an above average blocker. Trading either of those players for a corner due for a big contract would be idiotic in my opinion.

Thing is with corners, they're good for a few seasons. They run their mouth and get popular. Someone pays them big money. Then, they fall off, but people don't notice. People still think they're good (when they aren't) because they used to run their mouth and made a lot of sound bites.

Eagles had their shot at an elite corner. They could have signed Stephon Gilmore when he left the Bills, but they didn't. Trading your elite TE and a first round pick would be foolish considering the older players they will need to replace after this season.