Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
It's not incredibly difficult to find a good blocker TE. Jaguars could just send Swaim or O'Shaughnessy over in the deal as well.

There is no evidence that Ramsey will fall off. Most people don't let people of his caliber go to other teams, so this is kind of a unique situation.

Teams get more desperate midseason, especially if they think a trade can push them into the playoffs. For all we know too, they could be really regretting not signing Gilmore.

This is obviously all hypothetical, but I think it could work.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,249.60
GranolaJoe wrote:Ertz and Goedert are crucial to the Eagles offense. Ertz for his receiving talent and Goedert is an above average blocker. Trading either of those players for a corner due for a big contract would be idiotic in my opinion.

Thing is with corners, they're good for a few seasons. They run their mouth and get popular. Someone pays them big money. Then, they fall off, but people don't notice. People still think they're good (when they aren't) because they used to run their mouth and made a lot of sound bites.

Eagles had their shot at an elite corner. They could have signed Stephon Gilmore when he left the Bills, but they didn't. Trading your elite TE and a first round pick would be foolish considering the older players they will need to replace after this season.

I like how in the same post you say corners are only good for a few seasons, are only popular because they run their mouths off and then aren't any good any more. Then you reference Stephon Gilmore in the very next breath... who is the exact opposite of your statement. Well done Chad.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 272.78
Jcb890 wrote:
GranolaJoe wrote:Ertz and Goedert are crucial to the Eagles offense. Ertz for his receiving talent and Goedert is an above average blocker. Trading either of those players for a corner due for a big contract would be idiotic in my opinion.

Thing is with corners, they're good for a few seasons. They run their mouth and get popular. Someone pays them big money. Then, they fall off, but people don't notice. People still think they're good (when they aren't) because they used to run their mouth and made a lot of sound bites.

Eagles had their shot at an elite corner. They could have signed Stephon Gilmore when he left the Bills, but they didn't. Trading your elite TE and a first round pick would be foolish considering the older players they will need to replace after this season.

I like how in the same post you say corners are only good for a few seasons, are only popular because they run their mouths off and then aren't any good any more. Then you reference Stephon Gilmore in the very next breath... who is the exact opposite of your statement. Well done Chad.

Yeah.....i was making a point that Gilmore has done none of those things and is still elite. that's the type of player they should have taken a shot on
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,932.36
They may have, and he may not have wanted to sign there.

I don't even know who you're referencing with your Corner commentary. People notice when Corners are bad. And they'll wait years for an elite Corner to make a mistake or fall off a bit to talk smack.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 65,666.26
Markulous wrote:It's not incredibly difficult to find a good blocker TE. Jaguars could just send Swaim or O'Shaughnessy over in the deal as well.

There is no evidence that Ramsey will fall off. Most people don't let people of his caliber go to other teams, so this is kind of a unique situation.

Teams get more desperate midseason, especially if they think a trade can push them into the playoffs. For all we know too, they could be really regretting not signing Gilmore.

This is obviously all hypothetical, but I think it could work.

Agreed with this, and your trade makes sense.

I'll also add two points:
1- If Goedert is only useful for his blocking, then he would be the easy TE to include in the deal. He only has major value to PHI if he is a receiving threat as well. I don't really see them trading Ertz, though, so including Goedert makes the most sense.

2- While elite CB do fade over time, we're talking years... they prove themselves on a rookie contract, get a big contract and are labeled as elite CBs, then they fade around when it is time for an extension. Ramsey, on the other hand, is 24 and was drafted in 2016 -- he's in his 3rd year, so we're talking about 5+ years down the road. No risk involved for PHI.
Sand$: 39,731.49
GranolaJoe is still feeling the burn of the Eagles signing Nnamdi Asomougha
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,249.60
GranolaJoe wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:

Yeah.....i was making a point that Gilmore has done none of those things and is still elite. that's the type of player they should have taken a shot on

I don't disagree.
But, your commentary on CB's was not well-founded.
Are you so sure Ramsey isn't actually a talented CB? There are a few of those that are good and stay good. Do you just not like that he's running his mouth? That's OK too.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,117.26
endzoneview wrote:GranolaJoe is still feeling the burn of the Eagles signing Nnamdi Asomougha

Has the tank had an insufferable Philly fan before? Most of the ones I remember here didn't act like Eagles fans.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-intend-to-keep-jalen-ramsey-after-passing-on-offer-of-two-first-round-picks-during-ongoing-trade-saga/

Rumors are popping up saying Jags are NOT trading him. Can't find any legit sources quite yet though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,567.68
Markulous wrote:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-intend-to-keep-jalen-ramsey-after-passing-on-offer-of-two-first-round-picks-during-ongoing-trade-saga/

Rumors are popping up saying Jags are NOT trading him. Can't find any legit sources quite yet though.

If it's a team like the Chiefs I don't blame them for not wanting 2 picks that are going to be in the 28-32 range.
Megalodon
TheJayCutlers wrote:
Markulous wrote:

If it's a team like the Chiefs I don't blame them for not wanting 2 picks that are going to be in the 28-32 range.

Seems like it'd be difficult to find a better deal than that for Jacksonville though. A contender-type team is probably the ones willing to give up a lot for Ramsey more than a weaker team that needs that draft capital.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,567.68
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 65,666.26
TheJayCutlers wrote:

It could even be a boat!

I use that line all the time when I'm being irrational.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,801.84
TheJayCutlers wrote:
Markulous wrote:

They saw what their defense looks like without Ramsey last week--- when they got blown up by Joe Flacco.

Ramsey is a special, special talent.

They're not going to trade him if they can help it, and maybe Ramsey's trade request becomes less urgent once they start winning some football games?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Exactly. At this point I'd be really surprised if they traded him. The fact that they are winning makes him even more valuable. We're tied for first in our division and a wildcard spot doesn't seem as much of a stretch as it did right after going 0-2 against Houston.

Our backup DB got abused so badly. Flacco and that offense somehow looked like really good, which says a lot about how much of an impact Ramsey has. I'm curious now how soon it is before he gets paid. I think he'd be more eager to sign a deal if Coughlin was gone (which he may be at the end of the year), but getting offered an 80/90M deal is probably going to be hard to turn down for anyone that isn't in the top 1%.