AJ Green ROS

Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,819.79
What do you expect from AJ when he returns in a couple weeks? Do you think he puts up his traditional back end wr1/wr2 numbers, or slides to more of a 2/3 or worse?
Whale Shark
Sand$: 7,626.48
darkeagle03 wrote:What do you expect from AJ when he returns in a couple weeks? Do you think he puts up his traditional back end wr1/wr2 numbers, or slides to more of a 2/3 or worse?

With the way Ross and Boyd are playing right now it will be hard to keep them off the field. I can see all of them contributing but as far as AJ being the AJ of old.......I don’t see it happening. I see more of a 2/3 with upside. This is all based on all receivers being healthy and on the field though.

12Team Standard
QB: Wilson
RB:Barkley, Fournette, Ekeler, Dev. Freeman, Drake, D. Johnson, Mattison
WR: Evans, Robinson, Shepard, Hilton
TE: Henry
K: Butker
Def: Pittsburgh, Baltimore
Lineup: QB RB WR Flex Flex Flex TE K Def
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 269.98
Honestly, AJ might just be washed up when he comes back. WR tend to fall of the cliff almost without warning, especially after so many injuries

See Jordy Nelson
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,547.80
^^^^^^^ I'm in this camp.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,974.78
Jordy Nelson depended on his speed. A.J. is a much better, well-rounded receiver than him.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,547.80
Elmagister wrote:Jordy Nelson depended on his speed. A.J. is a much better, well-rounded receiver than him.

Tis possible, and I wish him the best. I'm probably staying away for FFB purposes tho.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,890.10
I expect what a guy returning from a serious injury usually does.
Megalodon
Sand$: 82,734.52
I don't think he's going to be back in a couple of weeks. I do expect him to be a stud in the fantasy playoffs.

Go with your gut and good luck!
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 269.98
Elmagister wrote:Jordy Nelson depended on his speed. A.J. is a much better, well-rounded receiver than him.

Jordy Nelson won Comeback Player of the Year....he came back off his ACL and posted a 1200+ yard season with 14 TDs
It was the following two seasons where he randomly just fell off the cliff

Just in the past three seasons, Green has:
torn a hamstring
pulled his groin
toe injuries which date back to 2014
and now an ankle sprain so severe it required surgery

I'm just saying I personally wouldn't count on him as a WR1 or even a WR2
Blue Shark
Sand$: 851.14
Agree. There is hope and potential and maybe even probability he can be 90% himself. But stash, get healthy, then see him on the field has to be the recommendation. I have an IR spot so I can swing it. Shallower bench and no IR? I wouldn't buy
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
Dude hasn't stayed healthy for a while now and his production has dipped the past few years. Wouldn't be surprised if he is close to retirement
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 294.34
HDear wrote:
darkeagle03 wrote:What do you expect from AJ when he returns in a couple weeks? Do you think he puts up his traditional back end wr1/wr2 numbers, or slides to more of a 2/3 or worse?

With the way Ross and Boyd are playing right now it will be hard to keep them off the field. I can see all of them contributing but as far as AJ being the AJ of old.......I don’t see it happening. I see more of a 2/3 with upside. This is all based on all receivers being healthy and on the field though.

This is also a good fantasy vs. real football contrast. Yes, Ross and Boyd are putting up good numbers, but the Bengals are losing. Badly, in the case of Week 2 (and home blowouts especially sting). AJ may be getting older and coming back from injury, but there's no doubt that he's a talented WR and I can easily see a rationale for the coaching staff to make sure he's plenty involved if the Bengals are still struggling. The coaches want to win, not just have WRs put up good fantasy numbers (not that I think this is what you were saying above).

That's not to say that Ross and Boyd won't stay relevant (they should), but I can easily see this turning into a weird three way split once Green is back (and everyone's fantasy value taking a hit as a result). I don't see it as the worst idea to try to sell high on Ross as Green gets closer to returning (though who knows when that may be?)

Ultimately I agree that Green's ceiling is likely much lower than when he was being drafted as an elite/stud WR1, but if he gets out there and the Bengals start winning we could see him get a lot of time. Pretty hard to predict, though. And might not be worth your patience if there are high-upside WW fliers available or you don't have a secure record already. Could always try selling him to a strong 2-0 team.
Chum
Sand$: 54.10
He says he won't be back until he is 100%, so I expect him to be back to his usual numbers when he's back. He played all 16 games in 2017, so I think further injury concerns are overstated. The main problem in evaluating his ROS value is that nobody knows when he will return.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 7,626.48
farhad7 wrote:
HDear wrote:

This is also a good fantasy vs. real football contrast. Yes, Ross and Boyd are putting up good numbers, but the Bengals are losing. Badly, in the case of Week 2 (and home blowouts especially sting). AJ may be getting older and coming back from injury, but there's no doubt that he's a talented WR and I can easily see a rationale for the coaching staff to make sure he's plenty involved if the Bengals are still struggling. The coaches want to win, not just have WRs put up good fantasy numbers (not that I think this is what you were saying above).

That's not to say that Ross and Boyd won't stay relevant (they should), but I can easily see this turning into a weird three way split once Green is back (and everyone's fantasy value taking a hit as a result). I don't see it as the worst idea to try to sell high on Ross as Green gets closer to returning (though who knows when that may be?)

Ultimately I agree that Green's ceiling is likely much lower than when he was being drafted as an elite/stud WR1, but if he gets out there and the Bengals start winning we could see him get a lot of time. Pretty hard to predict, though. And might not be worth your patience if there are high-upside WW fliers available or you don't have a secure record already. Could always try selling him to a strong 2-0 team.

The reality of it is the run game and their defense are the reason they are losing. Not WR play. I base my opinions on real football not fantasy. Yes, Ross nor Boyd have been perfect but losing has nothing to do with them.

12Team Standard
QB: Wilson
RB:Barkley, Fournette, Ekeler, Dev. Freeman, Drake, D. Johnson, Mattison
WR: Evans, Robinson, Shepard, Hilton
TE: Henry
K: Butker
Def: Pittsburgh, Baltimore
Lineup: QB RB WR Flex Flex Flex TE K Def
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,974.78
Real football = A.J. Green is on another planet than those two...big if, if healthy.