Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
Coach Mike Vrabel told reporters Friday that the team is not looking at a QB change "right now."
Marcus Mariota may have cleared 300 yards in the Titans' Thursday night loss to the Jaguars, but his performance was brutal for the majority of the contest. He's averaging career-low marks in completion rate (61%) and QBR (38) despite being surrounded with easily the most-talented supporting cast of his career. Ryan Tannehill figures to get a chance under center sooner rather than later if Mariota continues to struggle.

Terrible decision if they keep riding him. Dude looked almost like Tebow out there. What a waste of good talent if you're going to let your QB drag you down like this
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 294.34
Markulous wrote:
Coach Mike Vrabel told reporters Friday that the team is not looking at a QB change "right now."
Marcus Mariota may have cleared 300 yards in the Titans' Thursday night loss to the Jaguars, but his performance was brutal for the majority of the contest. He's averaging career-low marks in completion rate (61%) and QBR (38) despite being surrounded with easily the most-talented supporting cast of his career. Ryan Tannehill figures to get a chance under center sooner rather than later if Mariota continues to struggle.

Terrible decision if they keep riding him. Dude looked almost like Tebow out there. What a waste of good talent if you're going to let your QB drag you down like this

Don't disagree but it's not like Ryan Tannehill is going to get the most out of the rest of this team either.

((admittedly my rage is still subsiding from seeing a Tannehill thread bumped to the top of the list))
Megalodon
They still have to try. Mariota wasn't playing at an acceptable level
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,989.56
Tannehill, when healthy, is a serviceable QB. I think he'd do fine with the cast the Titans have.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 294.34
Agreed. The contrast between him and Minshew was interesting to see. Based on what I've seen so far Minshew has the chops/personality/leadership of someone who wants to function well beyond a game manager. Guy wants to make throws, push his team/teammates, and be a presence on the field in whatever way possible. Mariota looks like he couldn't give less of a shoot - the lack of urgency in hurry-up situations was cringeworthy.

At least Tannehill looks suitably terrified whenever he has to take a snap out of the shotgun. Better than bored :D
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,908.08
The biggest problem in Tennessee is the coaching. Not saying Mariota isn't as well (last night was awful), but Tannehill isn't going to perform any better barring major coaching changes.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,009.16
Vrabel is a terrible coach.
Their offensive gameplan/OC is terrible.
Mariota is not an NFL-level QB. Has zero pocket awareness and is awful progressing through reads.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,994.36
Jcb890 wrote:Vrabel is a terrible coach.
Their offensive gameplan/OC is terrible.
Mariota is not an NFL-level QB. Has zero pocket awareness and is awful progressing through reads.

I agree about Mariota. He was horrible last night, making poor throws and not anticipating routes. It was a dismal performance. I think Tannehill is serviceable if everything around him is working, so he should be an improvement. He can at least make wide open throws.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,208.72
Way too many Ts
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,431.04
OarChambo wrote:The biggest problem in Tennessee is the coaching. Not saying Mariota isn't as well (last night was awful), but Tannehill isn't going to perform any better barring major coaching changes.

Mariota's been terrible every game this season. He's been mostly accurate throughout his career, but he can't hit the broad side of a castle right now. No idea what's going on with him, maybe the pressure of this season is getting to him? (which would be weird since he's thrived underpressure up to this point in his career).

In any case, if Tannehill is mediocre, that'd be a massive upgrade over him right now.

I would not be opposed to making a switch and riding out Tannehill until Mariota gets his groove back. It's just sad watching him miss wide open receivers with regularity out there.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:The biggest problem in Tennessee is the coaching. Not saying Mariota isn't as well (last night was awful), but Tannehill isn't going to perform any better barring major coaching changes.

Mariota's been terrible every game this season. He's been mostly accurate throughout his career, but he can't hit the broad side of a castle right now. No idea what's going on with him, maybe the pressure of this season is getting to him? (which would be weird since he's thrived underpressure up to this point in his career).

In any case, if Tannehill is mediocre, that'd be a massive upgrade over him right now.

I would not be opposed to making a switch and riding out Tannehill until Mariota gets his groove back. It's just sad watching him miss wide open receivers with regularity out there.

Marcus...is that you?

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Marcus...is that you?

Guessing you don't agree that he's been mostly accurate throughout his career.

:lol: You're just flat out wrong if you think otherwise, which is understandable given how little most people actually watch him play.

Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
If they make a switch to Tannehill there wont be know "getting his groove back"...he's done. Terminado.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:If they make a switch to Tannehill there wont be know "getting his groove back"...he's done. Terminado.

If Tannehill is playing lights out, sure.

But we've seen QB carousels before (look no further than Fitzmagic and Winston last season), and I don't expect Tannehill to cure all that ails this offense

Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:If they make a switch to Tannehill there wont be know "getting his groove back"...he's done. Terminado.

If Tannehill is playing lights out, sure.

But we've seen QB carousels before (look no further than Fitzmagic and Winston last season), and I don't expect Tannehill to cure all that ails this offense

Pretty much what I'm half expecting to happen.