2020 Draft Thread

Blue Shark
Sand$: 808.94
endzoneview wrote:I don't watch much college football but can someone explain to me how Burrows' numbers and play skyrocketed over the previous season? Which guy are the Bengals really getting?

When he was a freshman, Meyer used to call him names in meetings, riding him that he was too soft, too feminine for D1 football. He spent a lot of personal time with him, more so then most freshman to gain him confidence and it worked. He gained the respect of all the players from making it through Meyers doghouse and improving, constantly. He barely missed out on starting job, and then he had to make "an extremely difficult decision", to transfer. His first year with LSU had many issues. Mostly concerning getting in later to get fully ingrained in the system, on the same page. The difference going into this year was the full indoctrination and coaching into the new system with time, and he greatly benefited from LSU returning 4 starters on the offensive line. As a result, the Tigers are up for the Joe Moore Award as the best offensive line in America. Burrow lost a stud TE in Foster Moreau but returned all hsi great rec corp intact. I think with all of that, the infusion of Joe Brady and his schemes utilized all that perfectly. Burrow finished with the highest accuracy rating for downfield throws, by a wide margin.

The SEC's best downfield throwers per Depth Adjusted Accuracy% -min 70 att

1. Burrow 65%
2. Tagovailoa 54.2%
3. Trask 50.9%
4. Mond 50.6%
5. Jones 50.3%
6. Bryant 50.2%
7. Guarantano 46.2%
8. Starkel 43%
9. Shrader 42.5%
10. Stevens 42.3%
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,680.16
PigskinPete22 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I don't watch much college football but can someone explain to me how Burrows' numbers and play skyrocketed over the previous season? Which guy are the Bengals really getting?

When he was a freshman, Meyer used to call him names in meetings, riding him that he was too soft, too feminine for D1 football. He spent a lot of personal time with him, more so then most freshman to gain him confidence and it worked. He gained the respect of all the players from making it through Meyers doghouse and improving, constantly. He barely missed out on starting job, and then he had to make "an extremely difficult decision", to transfer. His first year with LSU had many issues. Mostly concerning getting in later to get fully ingrained in the system, on the same page. The difference going into this year was the full indoctrination and coaching into the new system with time, and he greatly benefited from LSU returning 4 starters on the offensive line. As a result, the Tigers are up for the Joe Moore Award as the best offensive line in America. Burrow lost a stud TE in Foster Moreau but returned all hsi great rec corp intact. I think with all of that, the infusion of Joe Brady and his schemes utilized all that perfectly. Burrow finished with the highest accuracy rating for downfield throws, by a wide margin.

The SEC's best downfield throwers per Depth Adjusted Accuracy% -min 70 att

1. Burrow 65%
2. Tagovailoa 54.2%
3. Trask 50.9%
4. Mond 50.6%
5. Jones 50.3%
6. Bryant 50.2%
7. Guarantano 46.2%
8. Starkel 43%
9. Shrader 42.5%
10. Stevens 42.3%

And to think I thought Urban Meyer was a jerk.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,075.52
I love that that was presented as pro Urban Meyer.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:I love that that was presented as pro Urban Meyer.

I was all wrong about him.
Sand$: 40,458.45
:lol:
Blue Shark
hawkdogger wrote:
Elmagister wrote:I love that that was presented as pro Urban Meyer.

I was all wrong about him.

:lol: Meyer isn't the point, but what I said is true. He road Burrow a great deal and he improved. Thats hardly a surprise for any D1 successful coach to accomplish that. I love UM. Im born and raised in Columbus and although I wasn't a fan of Meyers while at Fla, I warmed up while he was in at OSU.
Sand$: 40,458.45
Brody Miller of The Athletic previously reported on Meyer's insults, noting they motivated Burrow to find noted quarterback guru Tom House, who helped the signal-caller improve his arm strength.

Urban Meyer is a jeanius
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,039.64
OarChambo wrote:Absurd.

He’s going to change how people look at defensive players.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,545.34
SJSwarm wrote:

He's already being connected to CAR and the Luke Kuechly retirement....if he declares for the draft of course.
Great White Shark
Isn't he like 220?
How can he play anything but safety on the NFL?

The Chiefs already have one of those Clemson superfast light LBs named Dorian O Daniel.
He's not very useful.

Not the same I realize, but is this not the same concept?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,968.22
hawkdogger wrote:Isn't he like 220?

The Chiefs already have one of those Clemson superfast light LBs named Dorian O Daniel.
He's not very useful.

Think more along the lines of Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I hope he does the full gambit in Indy because I think that will better define where he fits best, but ultimately how effective he is probably depends most on the defensive mind that's tasked with utilizing him. Put him in a box and he will be more susceptible to under whelm. Deploy him in a variety of different manners in space and the sky may be the limit.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:Isn't he like 220?

He's not very useful.

Think more along the lines of Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I hope he does the full gambit in Indy because I think that will better define where he fits best, but ultimately how effective he is probably depends most on the defensive mind that's tasked with utilizing him. Put him in a box and he will be more susceptible to under whelm. Deploy him in a variety of different manners in space and the sky may be the limit.

That makes sense. The Jefes tried to utilize DOD as a coverage hybrid Safety/LB, but he can't get on the field even with our bad LB corps. Maybe Simmons is a better athlete.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 47,883.02
1. Burrow 65%
2. Tagovailoa 54.2%
3. Trask 50.9%
4. Mond 50.6%
5. Jones 50.3%
6. Bryant 50.2%
7. Guarantano 46.2%
8. Starkel 43%
9. Shrader 42.5%
10. Stevens 42.3%

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Blue Shark
getdownmmmkay wrote:
1. Burrow 65%
2. Tagovailoa 54.2%
3. Trask 50.9%
4. Mond 50.6%
5. Jones 50.3%
6. Bryant 50.2%
7. Guarantano 46.2%
8. Starkel 43%
9. Shrader 42.5%
10. Stevens 42.3%

I love this kid. Could he be the next Burrow next year? Jury's out today, he needs a good deal of work. But I think he's going to make great strides. Stepping in with 2,600 yards and 24 scores with just six picks. He's poised to make great strides with the right personnel around him this year.
Last edited by PigskinPete22 on Wed 01.15.2020, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shark
SJSwarm wrote:

Perfect fit for NE Patties Def scheme. Hybrid LB with speed to cover and effective in run support.