Week 15 waivers

Megalodon
Sand$: 52,505.16
BG3eb wrote:NFL Network reported that Jacobs got the MRI on his shoulder and it came back negative so he's hoping to be back this weekend.
Rotoworld reporting it came back 'clean', yet that is not what Schefter said. Jacobs said he's had a shoulder fracture since Week 7? 0 chance that's healed while still continuing to play football.

#Raiders RB Josh Jacobs underwent an MRI on his ailing shoulder after not playing on Sunday. But the scans checked out very positively, sources say, and Jacobs is expected to return to the field this week. Barring a setback, should be just a one-week absence.
Does that mean fracture is healed? Doesn't say 'clean' or 'negative', just 'very positively'. So... does that mean it hasn't gotten worse?

I would say the Raiders are stupid if they put Jacobs out there with a fractured shoulder... but they have been doing it since Week 7. So who knows.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,659.84
Jcb890 wrote:
BG3eb wrote:NFL Network reported that Jacobs got the MRI on his shoulder and it came back negative so he's hoping to be back this weekend.
Rotoworld reporting it came back 'clean', yet that is not what Schefter said. Jacobs said he's had a shoulder fracture since Week 7? 0 chance that's healed while still continuing to play football.

#Raiders RB Josh Jacobs underwent an MRI on his ailing shoulder after not playing on Sunday. But the scans checked out very positively, sources say, and Jacobs is expected to return to the field this week. Barring a setback, should be just a one-week absence.
Does that mean fracture is healed? Doesn't say 'clean' or 'negative', just 'very positively'. So... does that mean it hasn't gotten worse?

I would say the Raiders are stupid if they put Jacobs out there with a fractured shoulder... but they have been doing it since Week 7. So who knows.

They're still playoff bound, so I assume he's in until they're not.

Must-win week.

DeAndre might still be a good stash for Week 16.
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,505.16
jnadke wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:

They're still playoff bound, so I assume he's in until they're not.

Must-win week.
No they're not playoff bound.
They are 6-7 behind:
Texans (8-5) - 4 seed
Steelers (8-5) - 6 seed
Titans (8-5) - 7 seed
Browns (6-7) - 8 seed

They need to win out, which might be do-able.
Jags, @ LAC, @ DEN
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,027.40
I'm not sure why I put negative in my OP. I meant clean. Still, that's confusing to the fact he had a fracture.
Great White Shark
Jcb890 wrote:
jnadke wrote:Must-win week.
They are 6-7 behind:
Texans (8-5) - 4 seed
Steelers (8-5) - 6 seed
Titans (8-5) - 7 seed
Browns (6-7) - 8 seed

Jags, @ LAC, @ DEN

My bad, yeah, they pushed against KC, I was thinking they could still take the division. KC has that division locked.

Very unlikely the Raiders get a shot at a playoff spot without a lot of help from a lot of other teams.

Says a lot that at 9-4 the Chiefs have already locked the playoffs but at 10-3 the Patriots have not.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,186.74
Markulous wrote:Oh I'm starting Washington all day if Jacobs is out. Jags have given up so many rushing yards and points, he's a borderline RB1 if he's getting 15+ touches. Look what Ekeler did.

I really want to start Washington, but I'd have to sit more than likely Fournette. (Carson,CMC my other starters). But then again, JAX will be without Chark and without any Oline of worth. But then again part 2, LF go off for 2 TDs if I sit him.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,186.74
jnadke wrote:
Mostert is the hot commodity but not guaranteed goal line carries. Also, he's not the trusted passing down back if it turns into a shoot-out since SF Defense has some injuries..

I missed out on him, but ended up dropping Tevin far after than I should have. The problem with SF is they have 3 capable backs, that could go off any day. Reminds me of NE. You get one back on Week 1 that goes off for 2 TD, then he disappears for weeks. You never know who, once all 3 are healthy.
Sand$: 43,680.21
wmharley wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Mostert is the hot commodity but not guaranteed goal line carries. Also, he's not the trusted passing down back if it turns into a shoot-out since SF Defense has some injuries..

I missed out on him, but ended up dropping Tevin far after than I should have. The problem with SF is they have 3 capable backs, that could go off any day. Reminds me of NE. You get one back on Week 1 that goes off for 2 TD, then he disappears for weeks. You never know who, once all 3 are healthy.

I didn’t get Mostert on waivers either
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,027.40
The thing that could have messed things up is if Breida came back and looked strong but he didn't. Instead it was Mostert looking just the same, which is dynamic and fast. The dude is a monster with yards when he's given touches. Seems like Coleman is just floundering and has been for multiple weeks.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 116,835.40
jnadke wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
jnadke wrote:Must-win week.
They are 6-7 behind:
Texans (8-5) - 4 seed
Steelers (8-5) - 6 seed
Titans (8-5) - 7 seed
Browns (6-7) - 8 seed

Jags, @ LAC, @ DEN

My bad, yeah, they pushed against KC, I was thinking they could still take the division. KC has that division locked.

Very unlikely the Raiders get a shot at a playoff spot without a lot of help from a lot of other teams.

Says a lot that at 9-4 the Chiefs have already locked the playoffs but at 10-3 the Patriots have not.

I think there's a good chance 9-7 makes it into the playoffs in the AFC. Would I bet on Oakland winning out? even with that schedule? No, but if the doctors clear Jacobs then he's fall-go if he gives the go-ahead. Next week could be a different story with a loss, but that's not an issue to circle back around to until Monday.
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:
wmharley wrote:
jnadke wrote:

I didn’t get Mostert on waivers either

Got Mostert last week.

Off the Washington train and onto the Mostert train! Choo Choo!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/artic ... 897719.php

Pretty huge when your head coach says you're better than the rest of the guys.

The unexpected president of the 49ers’ running-back committee is Raheem Mostert.

Head coach Kyle Shanahan spelled out what had become evident over the last two games when he said Monday the special-team ace had forced his way into a leading role by rushing for 608 yards and averaging 6.0 yards carry.

Mostert could become the eighth running back since 1970 to average 6.0 yards on at least 100 carries in a season.

In other words, so much for the timeshare - at least for now.

“Raheem’s earned it over these last few weeks,” Shanahan said. “I mean, how many games can you go and how many years can you go averaging six yards a carry?

“I mean, we keep trying to balance it out, but what Raheem has done these last few weeks and has continued to do, we need to give him more opportunities. He’s given us no choice. I’m happy for him and it’s been great. He’s been extremely impressive.”

Mostert has played 82 snaps and Tevin Coleman has 21 over the past two games. On Sunday, in a 48-46 win at New Orleans, Matt Breida played 12 snaps in his return from a three-game absence due to an ankle injury.

Mostert ran a 4.32-second 40-yard dash at his pro day before the 2015 draft and was named college football’s fastest player as a senior by NFL.com.

“He’s faster than most people and I think sometimes it’s a little bit deceptive,” Shanahan said. “I mean, you see guys who have an angle on him and all of a sudden, they just don’t. I don’t know if they don’t know that he’s that fast, because our other guys are fast too.
Sand$: 43,680.21
damn, wish I dropped Mattison for him last week but that Cook scare kind of forced my hand.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 559.72
Anybody know what’s up with d freeman with ATL? Didn’t practice with a knee. Is hill someone to pick up? I just grabbed Scott from Philadelphia to back up sanders but am desperate for RBs?

Q Jackson,
R Kamara, Sanders, Lat. Murray, M. Boone, Pollard, Scott
W Julio, Godwin, Parker, Hollywood, Miller, Perriman
T Kittle
K N/A
D Ravens
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,166.06
TheWizard wrote:Anybody know what’s up with d freeman with ATL? Didn’t practice with a knee. Is hill someone to pick up? I just grabbed Scott from Philadelphia to back up sanders but am desperate for RBs?

Probably a Wednesday rest.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 559.72
I kind of hope it’s more for the sake of desperation. I lost guice and penny and my only starters are sanders and Kamara. We all know how Kamara is doing? SMH.

Q Jackson,
R Kamara, Sanders, Lat. Murray, M. Boone, Pollard, Scott
W Julio, Godwin, Parker, Hollywood, Miller, Perriman
T Kittle
K N/A
D Ravens