Patriots caught cheating again?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 129,136.94
canadianraiderfan wrote:I’d be a lot more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on the whole “it was the production team” thing if the Pats hadn’t already been caught cheating multiple times with one of those times being for a remarkably similar incident... at this point I just assume they’re cheating unless it’s proven otherwise.

It won't be proven otherwise. These idiots got caught again red handed and frankly speaking ,any Championships they have ever won should come with a HUGE ASTERIK.

Its really sad that that the NFL has allowed this to happen, frankly. So it isn't only on this team. The NFL should have banned this team from the playoffs many times before this incident.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 35,664.20
SnakeStabler wrote:
canadianraiderfan wrote:I’d be a lot more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on the whole “it was the production team” thing if the Pats hadn’t already been caught cheating multiple times with one of those times being for a remarkably similar incident... at this point I just assume they’re cheating unless it’s proven otherwise.

It won't be proven otherwise. These idiots got caught again red handed and frankly speaking ,any Championships they have ever won should come with a HUGE ASTERIK.

Its really sad that that the NFL has allowed this to happen, frankly. So it isn't only on this team. The NFL should have banned this team from the playoffs many times before this incident.

Lmao. Good stuff.

Megalodon
Sand$: 28,096.81
SnakeStabler wrote:

so let me get this straight.

You're saying that the cheatiest team of all time, went up to the booth where there are a bunch of other teams and dudes that dislike the pats and then filmed the sidelines on purpose....in front of all those dudes. On purpose. With their history. That is your theory? Smartest team of the last 20 years...in plain sight, did that? and they did it on purpose and never once tried to sneak and never thought they would be caught? You're saying that was their plan? :-k

I won't even mention it was against a team they could beat with their second stringers. They had nothing to gain. I'm not buying it. I admit they did it. They admit they did it. On this one occasion, I do think it was a dumb mistake. For what it is worth....first spy gate, I think guilty. Deflating balls....I think guilty. Brady obstruction by smashing his phone....guilty! Tuck rule....get over it dude, that wasn't cheating. If you want to say refs, then maybe you've an argument.

But hey, if you're all about asterisk size...go for it. HUGEST ASTERISK EVER. If that makes you feel good. That and Gruden. :lol:

Haters gonna Hate.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Megalodon
While they are hating I put myself to sleep by counting Super Bowl trophies. Asterisk or not.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,676.36
prplhz14 wrote:While they* are hating I put myself to sleep by counting Super Bowl trophies. Asterisk or not.

ftfy
Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:
prplhz14 wrote:While they* are hating I put myself to sleep by counting Super Bowl trophies. Asterisk or not.

ftfy

Well played.

Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:

ftfy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,067.90
honingskills wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:

so let me get this straight.

You're saying that the cheatiest team of all time, went up to the booth where there are a bunch of other teams and dudes that dislike the pats and then filmed the sidelines on purpose....in front of all those dudes. On purpose. With their history. That is your theory? Smartest team of the last 20 years...in plain sight, did that? and they did it on purpose and never once tried to sneak and never thought they would be caught? You're saying that was their plan? :-k

I won't even mention it was against a team they could beat with their second stringers. They had nothing to gain. I'm not buying it. I admit they did it. They admit they did it. On this one occasion, I do think it was a dumb mistake. For what it is worth....first spy gate, I think guilty. Deflating balls....I think guilty. Brady obstruction by smashing his phone....guilty! Tuck rule....get over it dude, that wasn't cheating. If you want to say refs, then maybe you've an argument.

But hey, if you're all about asterisk size...go for it. HUGEST ASTERISK EVER. If that makes you feel good. That and Gruden. :lol:

Haters gonna Hate.

Who cares WHY they did it. It was clearly breaking the rules, by a team that has broken the rules on taping another team before.

Sure, it probably was not cheating. It probably was just coincidence that they were doing very nearly the exact same thing they did before (to cheat). As you say, it would be stupid to have been that blatant.

But it still is a repeat offense. So it really should be a big penalty. If a guy is a 2-time PED offender, and accidentally gets PED's in him, it still counts as breaking the rules. And 3rd strike ...

I'm not going to worry about the past NE Super Bowl wins and what tarnish they deserve ... that seems pointless. I will get angry if the Patriots don't get a big penalty for the offense. It is a repeat of a previous rule-breaking. It should draw a big penalty in draft picks and fines.

And the "we are innocent of bad intent this time" doesn't really change the penalty IMO.
Megalodon
votingmachine wrote:Who cares WHY they did it. It was clearly breaking the rules, by a team that has broken the rules on taping another team before.

Sure, it probably was not cheating. It probably was just coincidence that they were doing very nearly the exact same thing they did before (to cheat). As you say, it would be stupid to have been that blatant.

But it still is a repeat offense. So it really should be a big penalty. If a guy is a 2-time PED offender, and accidentally gets PED's in him, it still counts as breaking the rules. And 3rd strike ...

I'm not going to worry about the past NE Super Bowl wins and what tarnish they deserve ... that seems pointless. I will get angry if the Patriots don't get a big penalty for the offense. It is a repeat of a previous rule-breaking. It should draw a big penalty in draft picks and fines.

And the "we are innocent of bad intent this time" doesn't really change the penalty IMO.

Agreed. It should be a harsh penalty regardless of intent. It was incredibly stupid.
I’ve heard mixed things about the people that did it, some reports have said they were freelance and this was the first time they worked for the Pats, some have said they were freelance and have worked with the Pats multiple times.
Either way, it should have been clear that rule 1 was DO NOT FILM THE SIDELINES.

For additional context, what I heard this morning was that this crew was doing a documentary on the advanced scout. Their explanation for why they filmed what they did was to give perspective of what the scout is looking for and making notes on. Very very dumb to have filmed though. There has to be film that the nfl has from games that could accomplish something similar.

Megalodon
prplhz14 wrote:
votingmachine wrote:Who cares WHY they did it. It was clearly breaking the rules, by a team that has broken the rules on taping another team before.

Agreed. It should be a harsh penalty regardless of intent. It was incredibly stupid.
I’ve heard mixed things about the people that did it, some reports have said they were freelance and this was the first time they worked for the Pats, some have said they were freelance and have worked with the Pats multiple times.
Either way, it should have been clear that rule 1 was DO NOT FILM THE SIDELINES.

For additional context, what I heard this morning was that this crew was doing a documentary on the advanced scout. Their explanation for why they filmed what they did was to give perspective of what the scout is looking for and making notes on. Very very dumb to have filmed though. There has to be film that the nfl has from games that could accomplish something similar.

totally agree with you both

I just get annoyed when haters start spewing asterisks and all that shoot.
They were dumb. They will get a huge fine. And should.
Teams get caught doing shoot all the time. Cell phones on sidelines, piping in noise, etc etc. you do the crime, you do the time!

Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,067.90
"Do Your Job"

What they need is video instructions on how to spy better.

1. Take off the Patriots gear and wear a fake moustache, and sunglasses:

2. DON'T carry the cammera in your hand. Hide it on your body, like in your hat:

3. Stop wearing the spy patch:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 33,290.80
cheatiest team of all time

I'm very disappointed that hasn't made its way into this threads title. :lol:
Megalodon
jesteva wrote:
cheatiest team of all time

I'm very disappointed that hasn't made its way into this threads title. :lol:

Only if it has an asterisk. Hopefully the biggest of all time.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,477.68
votingmachine wrote:"Do Your Job"

What they need is video instructions on how to spy better.

1. Take off the Patriots gear and wear a fake moustache, and sunglasses:

2. DON'T carry the cammera in your hand. Hide it on your body, like in your hat:

3. Stop wearing the spy patch:

:lol:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,477.68
When does the "documentary" come out?

;)