User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 51100
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 43,778.31


Amazing story, good for him.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7692
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,015.96
good deal for devante parker,looks like a stud wr1 going forward but he is un-proven
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 61656
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 32,217.30
Amazing what real coaching can do for a player in need of development.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2793
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 237.84
Good for both sides, Phins can get out after 2 if it's a fluke or extend him if real.
Great White Shark
Posts: 5643
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 5,566.34
You have to be kidding.

Please tell me you guys are kidding.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29075
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,683.76
tsbgrayghost wrote:You have to be kidding.

Please tell me you guys are kidding.



I’m sort of in the same boat, but I’d like to see the structure. Seems like he was always putting up these numbers before, but Health was a concern.
Last edited by rugger48 on Fri 12.13.2019, 20:14, edited 2 times in total.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29075
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,683.76
So far I’m seeing 8 million signing bonus , with 21 million guarentees. It’s not terrible.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29075
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,683.76
Julio, thomas, and hill

Are making 22,19, and 18 million a year.


Parker about 10. Meh


I think it surprises people, because they though miami was replacing everyone and and everything. Plans change.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 57625
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 116,862.16
rugger48 wrote:Julio, thomas, and hill

Are making 22,19, and 18 million a year.


Parker about 10. Meh


I think it surprises people, because they though miami was replacing everyone and and everything. Plans change.

He will be 27 in 2020..the team doesn't plan to stay bad forever. They expect to be a contender inside his contract window before he goes to the wrong side of 30. These are the sorts of veterans you should expect them to pursue this offseason.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 61656
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 32,217.30
Parker has been good this season, and has improved his game, to include his route running. I don't know why anyone would have issues with this contract.
Great White Shark
Posts: 5643
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 5,566.34
In a contract year he hasn't quit on his team or given up on routes? Toughed it out through the aches and pains real players play through?

Yeah ok. Good extension.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2793
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 237.84
Except it's not a contract year
Great White Shark
Posts: 5643
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014
Sand$: 5,566.34
TheJayCutlers wrote:Except it's not a contract year


Isn't it though? Probably picked up his 5 year option. 6th year next season?

I see now. Was already signed for 2.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 61656
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 32,217.30
tsbgrayghost wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:Except it's not a contract year


Isn't it though? Probably picked up his 5 year option. 6th year next season?

I see now. Was already signed for 2.

This coaching staff told him to start the year he had a blank slate, and what they needed from him. He delivered. This is a good signing, with an escape. What's your issue with it?
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29075
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 79,683.76
OarChambo wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Julio, thomas, and hill

Are making 22,19, and 18 million a year.


Parker about 10. Meh


I think it surprises people, because they though miami was replacing everyone and and everything. Plans change.

He will be 27 in 2020..the team doesn't plan to stay bad forever. They expect to be a contender inside his contract window before he goes to the wrong side of 30. These are the sorts of veterans you should expect them to pursue this offseason.



Ok. we’re not disagreeing. I’m going to take a shower.