Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,669.00
Mark just turn down how football effects you. Nothing wrong liking a team that is bad, just don’t let the actual game get to you. It’s nothing in the bigger scheme of things. In here we just prance around in our team underoos, but honestly it means very little overall.
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,339.10
rugger48 wrote:Mark just turn down how football effects you. Nothing wrong liking a team that is bad, just don’t let the actual game get to you. It’s nothing in the bigger scheme of things. In here we just prance around in our team underoos, but honestly it means very little overall.

You're right. I think fantasy football and the Jaguars both have been big investments for me for years. I think I need to dial it back a bit.

Even though I agree its fine to be a fan of a bad team, I think I'm ready to move on for the most part. Ineptitude is discouraging to me, even if I am only partially invested. It's just not really all that fun
Sand$: 43,001.89
just curious Mark, how old are you?

The Jags came in 95, right? I think you can bail unless you were a fan as a kid.

I was a Jets fan since 7 years old. When I was 19, the Ravens came to Baltimore. I wish I would have switched allegiances in 96. Would have saved myself a ton of sorrow. But now 30+ years later, I don't know if I could live without the misery. It's part of me now. Forever.
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:just curious Mark, how old are you?

The Jags came in 95, right? I think you can bail unless you were a fan as a kid.

I was a Jets fan since 7 years old. When I was 19, the Ravens came to Baltimore. I wish I would have switched allegiances in 96. Would have saved myself a ton of sorrow. But now 30+ years later, I don't know if I could live without the misery. It's part of me now. Forever.

I'm in my late 30s, so I was already a teenager when they came out. Prior to that I was just a general fan of the game and didn't really want to follow the 49ers or Raiders.

Never too late to change is my motto. I totally get your mindset though, but at the same time it feels a bit freeing to turn the page.
Sand$: 43,001.89
Being a teenager is close to the line but since your fandom began after your 12th birthday, according to SportsCode 76.452, you are allowed to claim a new franchise prior to your 40th birthday.

The only caveat is you cannot select a team that currently is enjoying a first round bye (bandwagon provision) and your new selection must be finalized before the beginning of the next league year.

Enjoy your new team!
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Being a teenager is close to the line but since your fandom began after your 12th birthday, according to SportsCode 76.452, you are allowed to claim a new franchise prior to your 40th birthday.

The only caveat is you cannot select a team that currently is enjoying a first round bye (bandwagon provision) and your new selection must be finalized before the beginning of the next league year.

Enjoy your new team!

:lol: Thanks.

If I pick another team, it'll be a minute I think. I think I want to see how it feels just to follow the draft and enjoy football. I think I'm going to scale back my fantasy leagues to just one and not take it as seriously either and see how that goes.
Megalodon
Sand$: 127,932.67
OarChambo wrote:
10ball wrote:You can’t quit....you may think you quit but you won’t.
The first time they start showing any success you’ll fall right back in with them again...you’ve already invested to much in them.

The 2014/2015 Royals are my personal example.
I loved the Royals growing up...the 70’s and 80’s Royals were fun teams with great/good players... phenomenal owner
Playoffs....a couple World Series appearances.

Followed by 20 years of complete f’ing ineptitude
100 loss teams year after year...just painful to watch.

I didn’t give up but I quit caring...
I actually started playing fantasy baseball just so I could try to enjoy baseball.
It was apathy at its highest

Then the magical season of 2014 happened...the run to the wild card game...the craziy azz wild card game itself...then the run to the WS...with a loss to the Giants.

Followed by the 2015 championship by a bunch of guys that were fun and easy to root for.

As sports fans those 2 season was everything as a fan we hope for for. It’s why we put ourselves through this.
The few joys...the many heartbreaks...the constant byaching about WHY????

You just need to accept the fact your stuck.
One pull it out your azz playoff run by the Jags or Jets...a where did he come from franchise QB ends up on your doorstep...you’ll fall right back in again..._and again...and again

It’s why we’re here

Great post, this is about where I am with the Detroit Tigers. Now that I'm removed geographically I wonder if the itch will return once they are better again sometime in the 2030's.

It's really going to be that long isn't it? Sigh.

Megalodon
Sand$: 127,932.67
That's what she said.

Honorary Mod (powerless)
Sand$: 3,859.12
Here's an interesting sports question once posed to me.

Would you rather ...

1) Your favorite team wins the title/championship (Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, whatever), but afterwards is a mediocre team with mediocre players who never again seriously competes for the the playoffs, much less the title.

or

2) Your favorite team is always chocked full of the best and most exciting players and they consistently makes the playoffs and even the championship game, but they will never, ever win it.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,573.10
I don't like those choices, particularly because #1 is the Dolphins.
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,864.64
I never have left a team. Paid less attention yes.

Been a Twins fan since I was a kid. The 91 world series is one of my earliest memories, I was 5 and watched it at my grandma's house. There were stretches where I watched maybe a game or two all season when they were bad. But overall I'm a spoiled fan.

North Dakota hockey has missed the national tournament twice since I started watching college hockey. Green Bay has had back to back HOF QBs. NHL I dont have a team, I root for UND guys and there are plenty around the league. Oshie and Toews more than the others, since I was around when they played at UND.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,579.48
Baseball is different for me. I grew up in the 80’s, when the Giants were really, really bad. But games were still fun at the Stick, and it never really bothered me that much when we sucked. When the Ducks or the Raiders suck, it bothers me. Lol.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,179.82
Ride or die with Seattle teams, so that team(zombie Sonics) and the NBA are basically dead to me. Halfassed root for the Blazers and classically my second favorite team has been fun to keep tabs on in the playoffs in Golden State.

I do have a hard time watching losing baseball, so the Mariners haven't been watched a whole bunch since 2001(was at the game when they tied the wins record at 116), but I've always watched my football team throughout the good and bad. Second favorite football team kind of got exiled for a while when Al Davis screwed over Marcus Allen, but still follow from afar now.

So, I guess my secondary teams can shift a bit as certain players are just fun to watch, but overall pretty loyal.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,952.30
"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

Changed my NHL team years ago. Was a huge Bruins fan, Bobby Orr mainly, when I was a kid. When Orr left so did I. Adopted the Devils when they left Colorado. Lots of bad years but they've won 3. Blue Jays fan since they entered the league along with Expos till they left. Bad for years then won a couple then missed the playoffs for 23 seasons. They are looking young and exciting so could be a few good years ahead. Became a Packer fan in the late 80s. They were bad until Wolf and Favre got there. Then Reggie came. They've won 2 since. I dont think Rodgers will be around for much longer so I'm buckling up for a rough ride ahead. I mean what are the chances they hit on 3 HOF QBs in a row? Not much of a basketball fan but casually follow the Raptors. They seem to be competitive since Ujiri was hired and won it all last year.

Don't do anything in the daytime that'll keep you awake at night.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,878.06
i tried not to care about the lions. it didn't work, unfortunately.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian