Megalodon
Sand$: 21,339.10

One of the Jags beat writers wrote a pretty good article and echoes a lot of my frustrations. I don't think I can invest much into a team where the owner isn't even invested. I wish after x amount of seasons and a certain % of losses that the NFL can step in and start imposing some kind of penalty or removing the guy as owner. Won't happen, but it sucks for a lot of franchises when they get stuck with guys that are bad and/or don't care.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,573.10
I'd jump ship if I were you too.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:I'd jump ship if I were you too.

Yeah... :(

It's not very entertaining to watch/follow them at that point.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,669.00

Lol what ?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,573.10
rugger48 wrote:

Lol what ?

With the Dolphins, they're always screwing up, but they're always trying. This owner isn't trying.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,581.92
Markulous wrote:

You can be a Chiefs fan.
I can get you in.
Megalodon
hawkdogger wrote:
Markulous wrote:

You can be a Chiefs fan.
I can get you in.

:D Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,993.20
gridguru wrote:Here's an interesting sports question once posed to me.

Would you rather ...

1) Your favorite team wins the title/championship (Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, whatever), but afterwards is a mediocre team with mediocre players who never again seriously competes for the the playoffs, much less the title.

or

2) Your favorite team is always chocked full of the best and most exciting players and they consistently makes the playoffs and even the championship game, but they will never, ever win it.

Blue Shark
Sand$: 897.84
mobsters wrote:

Would you rather ...

1) Your favorite team wins the title/championship (Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, whatever), but afterwards is a mediocre team with mediocre players who never again seriously competes for the the playoffs, much less the title.

or

2) Your favorite team is always chocked full of the best and most exciting players and they consistently makes the playoffs and even the championship game, but they will never, ever win it.

Very difficult to choose here. Being an old' ish man, right now I'd say #1 is for me.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,937.04

Would you rather ...

or

What if your team has already won a championship/championships in your lifetime?

If this is the case, my answer is easy at #2.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 312,716.05
I would absolutely take a title then mediocrity. That’s why you play the game to win it all!

Image Image

Megalodon
Option #2 isn't mediocrity really, just failing to win any championships. I wish the Jaguars were either one, they just suck. They were #2 in the 90s and that was fun to watch, but that's been a minute.
SandShark
Sand$: 112.04
First I am a SPORTS fan. With that being said I stick with my teams thru thick and thin. Never had a team ( pro or college ) do anything to make me give up on them.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,436.80
Just once. I love the administration side of things where management attempt to build an excellent team over the years. I even like the thought process whereby they admit they won't be in immediate contention and trade currently valuable assets for ones with a calculated payoff at a target contention date. Because of that, it's easy for me to be more excited than most during the bad years.

That being said, the Bull's (NBA) management stopped seriously trying to compete decades ago, and I just finally threw in the towel. It's one thing to not be competitive now. It's entirely another to know that the team isn't trying.
Megalodon
mattbbpl wrote:
That being said, the Bull's (NBA) management stopped seriously trying to compete decades ago, and I just finally threw in the towel. It's one thing to not be competitive now. It's entirely another to know that the team isn't trying.

Exactly where I'm at with the Jaguars. So many things are messed up and they just don't care enough to try to fix all of it.