2020 Free Agency

Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,008.60
SJSwarm wrote:I am hearing a lot of Brady and a rookie QB to the Las Vegas Raiders chatter. I think Gruden is going to try to copy the Alex Smith/Mahomes thing, and Brady is suddenly open to mentoring a young QB.

Raiders are going to blow a wad on Robby Anderson, sign Brady, cut Tyrell Williams, draft Jordan Love and whatever WR falls to 19 (Higgins makes a ton of sense).

You heard it here first.

what im hearing :robbie anderson yes,twill gone,yes,gabe jackson will be traded,joseph is 60/40...jordan love no chance of that happening mike mayock likes somebody in the 3rd rd as a sleeper and just say no to tee "softy" higgins id rather them go after viska shenault or jeffereson over softy

ps brady is not coming to las vegas,not gonna happen
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,578.46
Not sure what Tee Higgins did to you, but this is a historically great WR class and you really can’t go wrong.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,023.44
SJSwarm wrote:I am hearing a lot of Brady and a rookie QB to the Las Vegas Raiders chatter. I think Gruden is going to try to copy the Alex Smith/Mahomes thing, and Brady is suddenly open to mentoring a young QB.

Raiders are going to blow a wad on Robby Anderson, sign Brady, cut Tyrell Williams, draft Jordan Love and whatever WR falls to 19 (Higgins makes a ton of sense).

You heard it here first.

Why the hell would they cut tyrell to overpay for Robby Anderson?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:

You heard it here first.

They love Anderson. Didn’t say it makes sense, just that’s what we will do.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,578.24
He doesn't seem like the right type of WR for Carr. Odd . . . .
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,578.24
hawkdogger wrote:He doesn't seem like the right type of WR for Carr. Odd . . . .

O wait. You say they are cutting Carr I guess for Brady. Ok. Still a bit odd . . . .
Great White Shark
zuggyawesome wrote:

You heard it here first.

jj nelson was supposed to be our stretcher this yr but he was stuck injured because he is a softy,twill at almost 11 million is too much and i think we can get robbie for less then 12 so it offsets mostly and we get an explosive wr then we add a wr1 in jefferson,viska,ceedee,jerry and also add a mlb
Great White Shark
SJSwarm wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

You heard it here first.

They love Anderson. Didn’t say it makes sense, just that’s what we will do.

the plan all along was to have carr throw long more because he is pretty accurate in the pre-season we saw him throwing it long to jj nelson and twill but nelson in the regular season was always injured and twill had plantars so we lost both our stretchers then added zay,keelan doss mid yr which is never a good thing,then renfro whom was emerging gets injured leaving only waller,we move on from twill,go get robbie and add a wr1 in the draft to go with renfro and waller
Sand$: 115,967.66
mstrbass2000 wrote:i think we can get robbie for less then 12

I think he's going to cost more than that.
Sand$: 42,882.59
$16-18 for RA and I think teams would be lucky to get him at 16
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,414.66
12m/year is in the Tyrell Williams/Alshon range. He'll get more.
Supreme Megalodon
hawkdogger wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:He doesn't seem like the right type of WR for Carr. Odd . . . .

O wait. You say they are cutting Carr I guess for Brady. Ok. Still a bit odd . . . .

My thought process is this:

A) We still suck, so we are going to have to overpay for anyone to play in Vegas, taxes or not.

B) The only FA pools I can see the Raiders dipping their toes into would be WR and CB. Unless we go after Littleton. The rest of the LB FA class is hot trash, so I don’t see that position as being a target in FA, despite the need.

C) Raiders tried to lowball the Jets for Anderson at the deadline, so clearly Mayock has an interest.

D) I’d way rather see the Raiders try to draft another CB in round one than give say Logan Ryan or Chris Harris $20M plus a year, and they are the cream of the CB FA crop.

E) Waller at TE, Anderson as the burner, 3rd and Renfrow in the slot, and one of the many, many dope WR’s that will be available in the 3rd/4th rounds of this crazy deep WR class sounds like it does make sense to me. QB is still an issue, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Supreme Megalodon
And yes, I realize in the OP I said QB/WR in round one, but there are a lot of ways this could play out.

Megalodon
Sand$: 52,370.74
IMO, Brady isn't the answer as a FA anywhere really.
He had a pretty sub-par year and missed a lot of passes. Had no chemistry with any WRs because he didn't put in any work like he used to.
So now he's going to go to a new offense with a new offensive coordinator after basically the same scheme for 20 years? I'm not seeing it.

I don't think the Patriots should give him 3/100 guaranteed either unless he's going to fully buy in, do off-season stuff, actually work with WRs and rookies. Otherwise, he's basically hampering the development of younger skill players on offense.
Sand$: 42,882.59
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders were interested in impending free agent Robby Anderson before October's trade deadline.
Per Rapsheet, the Raiders were unwilling to surrender a third-round pick. Like Tyrell Williams, Anderson does his best work down the field, something that does not mesh well with Derek Carr's skill-set. Anderson is more dangerous in the short-to-intermediate areas than Williams. Regardless of potential fits with Carr, the Raiders badly need to reinforce their receiver corps. All signs point toward Anderson leaving the Jets