2020 Dynasty Rookie Draft Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,259.16
getdownmmmkay wrote:Isaiah Simmons. He good.

In any dyno rookie draft with IDP’s, he’s my 1.1.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,596.74
I wouldn't fault someone going that high on him, but that's a bit high for me. Smack dab in the middle of the first though for sure.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
getdownmmmkay wrote:I wouldn't fault someone going that high on him, but that's a bit high for me. Smack dab in the middle of the first though for sure.

He’s the only sure thing IMO. Obviously guys we like on offense will be massively impacted in a positive way or a negative way by landing spot and we don’t know those answers yet, but I really can’t see any way that Simmons isn’t a fantasy god from day one.

Supreme Megalodon
I remember saying the same thing about Rolando McClain. Maybe I'm still scarred.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,324.28
getdownmmmkay wrote:I remember saying the same thing about Rolando McClain. Maybe I'm still scarred.

Oh, you’re scarred. We all are.
And you’re scared. We all aren’t scared

Ro MAC had some kind of drug problem or chem imbalance. Though he hid it well.
His tape also hid it, as he was a straight gap filling product of the system in Bama.
Why don’t you pick Him and find out?

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Supreme Megalodon
getdownmmmkay wrote:I remember saying the same thing about Rolando McClain. Maybe I'm still scarred.

Rolando McClain, though a very highly rated prospect, never reminded anyone of the love child of Ray Lewis and Ronnie Lott.

By all accounts, Simmons is an extremely high character kid as well. I’d feel very good about drafting him.

I’m pretty freaking pumped to see what he and Darius Leonard can do as my LB1 and LB1 in TPL.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,601.20
SJSwarm wrote:

Nah, he will fit in well wherever the tier break between levels 1 and 2 shakes out. Even God himself can't over come replacement value...maybe Muhammad.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,385.34
OarChambo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

Nah, he will fit in well wherever the tier break between levels 1 and 2 shakes out. Even God himself can't over come replacement value...maybe Muhammad.

Dude. If you had imbedded music, I'd have put you right up there with Griff.
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

Nah.

Yes, he is still MY 1.1. Lol

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,601.20
I don't want to even try to wrap my head around what he would have to do relative to the RB's/WR's in order to rationally justify it.
Supreme Megalodon
LB overall doesn't seem to be as deep this year. I've only got three names so far on my board. After Simmons and Murray, I'm pretty much ambivalent at this stage.

Supreme Megalodon
getdownmmmkay wrote:LB overall doesn't seem to be as deep this year. I've only got three names so far on my board. After Simmons and Murray, I'm pretty much ambivalent at this stage.

I agree on the overall depth of the LB class, however.......

Depending on who gets Queen and how he is going to be used, he could be fantasy gold too. He is a young Thomas Davis.

And my dude Dye is going to be a steal, he’s a lot like Fred Warner, and he is going to be undervalued due to the fact that he is coming off a bad year where he played through an injury all season long.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,238.92
From the earlier thread:
zuggyawesome wrote:
Cadence calls wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Taylor
————————
Swift
Lamb
Jeudy
————————
Dobbins
Akers
CEH
————————
Reagor, Shenault
————————
Im ecstatic if I land any of these guys, and while there are significantly talented players after this (Ruggs, Edwards, etc) theyre going to be very situation dependent

I can dig it.
No Ruggs love?

I like Ruggs, but while hes more than a deep threat; thats what makes him special and thats one of the most situationally dependent roles in football (Need a QB that can and will throw it, along with an Oline, or a QB good enough at buying time that allows the play to develop).

Obviously he’ll be a big riser if he gets into a good landing spot (GB for instance)

Cadence calls wrote:How about Jefferson?
In my optimist dram I see a Michael Thomas

Jefferson is very intriguing. I can see the similarities with Michael Thomas but Im not sold on him yet. Maybe down the line I’ll become a bigger fan of his game

Good call on Jefferson and Ruggs.

Justin Jefferson - production profile was there, expected him to be a sub athlete. He answered the bell there.

Henry Ruggs - Starting to compare favorably to OBJ (hand-size, speed, explosion; albeit 10lbs lighter while being more athletic). Even if he's only 85% of OBJ that's well worth a 1st round pick, and he has the potential to be even better? Really slept on him.

Denzel Mims - Wow. If he wasn't from Baylor I think the hype on him would be a lot higher.

Michael Pittman - One of the best under the radar combine performances. Produced while sharing the field with a surefire 1st round pick coupled with poor QB play and then displayed excellent size adjusted athelticism. Don't think he ever becomes a 1 in the NFL, but he's got potential to be a pretty good 1b.

Holy shoot is this draft class deep.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 37,039.60

Denzel Mims - Wow. If he wasn't from Baylor I think the hype on him would be a lot higher.

I don't think it's fair to ding him just because Josh Gordon went there. :wink:

Just starting to look at some highlight vids of guys and look into their stats. Mims has been productive for the last 3 years at Baylor. He's no one year wonder and he gets extra credit for playing 4 years albeit limited his freshman year.
Supreme Megalodon
This is a historically deep WR draft.