2020 Dynasty Rookie Draft Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,601.20
getdownmmmkay wrote:not so sure i'd have changed his overall ranking (i had him 22nd overall), but wondering if i should have been more aggressive in moving around the board for him.

So if the dancing hot dog or new guy in the comedy would have accepted the same offer you made for Dillon (future 2 and 3) in bourbon you'd have considered that for Edwards? I isolated them because I was picking 2.9 and 2.10 and I wasn't moving out, even for that generous offer.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,238.92
OarChambo wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:more and more i'm feeling like i should have been more aggressive pursuing edwards in my rookie drafts.

Over who?

I can only speak for myself, but I had him 18th in May (immediately after Ruggs) and I don't think I'd rank him any differently now. He's always been ahead of Mims, Aiyuk, Vaughn, and Gibson in my mind. Sure, the good news would be encouraging if I had him, but am I sliding him above Higgins, Viska, Pittman, or Jefferson because of it?

He's above Viska, Pittman and slightly behind Jefferson, Higgins for me (I actually had him even with Jefferson and slightly higher than Higgins pre-draft). All of these players are very tightly clustered, so it's not as if I had a massive chasm between any of these players and if you like any of these guys more than the other I'd have no issues with it.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,084.52
I think the injuries to Edwards made some back off. Same with Viska. But Edwards missed time last year and then the broken foot keeping him from participating in the combine. At least thats what held me from taking him early 2nd. Talent wise i think he's up there with the top Wrs in this draft.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:I think the injuries to Edwards made some back off. Same with Viska. But Edwards missed time last year and then the broken foot keeping him from participating in the combine. At least thats what held me from taking him early 2nd. Talent wise i think he's up there with the top Wrs in this draft.

I remember quite a few people telling me he was a day 3 pick before the draft. He was even going in the 4th round of the NFL big board.. I'm not sure what I was missing with Edwards that had so many people down on his NFL prospects, but the Hype he's gaining in training camp is definitely a good sign.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,601.20
zuggyawesome wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:I think the injuries to Edwards made some back off. Same with Viska. But Edwards missed time last year and then the broken foot keeping him from participating in the combine. At least thats what held me from taking him early 2nd. Talent wise i think he's up there with the top Wrs in this draft.

I remember quite a few people telling me he was a day 3 pick before the draft. He was even going in the 4th round of the NFL big board.. I'm not sure what I was missing with Edwards that had so many people down on his NFL prospects, but the Hype he's gaining in training camp is definitely a good sign.

Last year's injury then not being able to do the combine followed by covid preventing anything after presented a buying opportunity for Oakland then for early rookie drafters this summer. That said, don't get rope-a-doped into over paying now based on August camp buzz. He is now who he was in March who he was last Fall.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,596.74
OarChambo wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:not so sure i'd have changed his overall ranking (i had him 22nd overall), but wondering if i should have been more aggressive in moving around the board for him.

So if the dancing hot dog or new guy in the comedy would have accepted the same offer you made for Dillon (future 2 and 3) in bourbon you'd have considered that for Edwards? I isolated them because I was picking 2.9 and 2.10 and I wasn't moving out, even for that generous offer.

Maybe. Yeah.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,036.04
Completely blew my team up in the Deep Black dyno and had 6 of the first 25 picks (draft still ongoing). Pretty much had no players of value going into the draft except Watson, Miles Sanders, and George Kittle. My WRs were a catastrophe when I took over, so I aimed to try and take advantage of this rookie class. Hopefully this pans out.

1.02 RB Jonathan Taylor
2.01 WR Tee Higgins
2.02 WR Brandon Aiyuk
2.06 WR Denzel Mims
2.12 WR Bryan Edwards
3.01 RB Anthony McFarland

I'm a dude.
Great White Shark
FantasyHussy wrote:Completely blew my team up in the Deep Black dyno and had 6 of the first 25 picks (draft still ongoing). Pretty much had no players of value going into the draft except Watson, Miles Sanders, and George Kittle. My WRs were a catastrophe when I took over, so I aimed to try and take advantage of this rookie class. Hopefully this pans out.

1.02 RB Jonathan Taylor
2.01 WR Tee Higgins
2.02 WR Brandon Aiyuk
2.06 WR Denzel Mims
2.12 WR Bryan Edwards

Exactly what I wouldve done (although I’d be interested in knowing who you passed on at the 3.01 for McFarland)

Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:Completely blew my team up in the Deep Black dyno and had 6 of the first 25 picks (draft still ongoing). Pretty much had no players of value going into the draft except Watson, Miles Sanders, and George Kittle. My WRs were a catastrophe when I took over, so I aimed to try and take advantage of this rookie class. Hopefully this pans out.

1.02 RB Jonathan Taylor
2.01 WR Tee Higgins
2.02 WR Brandon Aiyuk
2.06 WR Denzel Mims
2.12 WR Bryan Edwards

Exactly what I wouldve done (although I’d be interested in knowing who you passed on at the 3.01 for McFarland)

Darrynton Evans and Josh Kelly at RB. McFarland been ahead of both of them for me this whole time. I think his ceiling is the highest by far based on his athletic profile, Conner being blah and a year away from FA, and Pitts top 5 Oline.
Had no more room at WR.
Trautman at TE.

I'm a dude.
Great White Shark
FantasyHussy wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:

1.02 RB Jonathan Taylor
2.01 WR Tee Higgins
2.02 WR Brandon Aiyuk
2.06 WR Denzel Mims
2.12 WR Bryan Edwards

Darrynton Evans and Josh Kelly at RB. McFarland been ahead of both of them for me this whole time. I think his ceiling is the highest by far based on his athletic profile, Conner being blah and a year away from FA, and Pitts top 5 Oline.
Had no more room at WR.
Trautman at TE.

:thumbright:

Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,622.78
I had a lot of draft capital this season due to trades last year, so it was a big year for my dynasty team in terms of the rookie draft.

The Williams opt-out in KC made the first pick a lot easier, especially in ppr. Fourth pick, I would've been happy with either Dobbins or Swift, whoever was left.

I liked my receiver pick at 10 (Ruggs and Jefferson, along with Lamb and Jeudy, went ahead of me at WR) , and then moved up to 11 because I wanted to secure Burrow. He wouldn't have lasted until my 2.10 based on the history of my league. At the end of the draft (3 rounds), I was happy to get a good shot at one of the top tight ends in a good situation for the future.

1.01 RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
1.04 RB D'Andre Swift
1.10 WR Jalen Reagor
1.11 QB Joe Burrow
3.10 TE Adam Trautman
Great White Shark
mobsters wrote:I had a lot of draft capital this season due to trades last year, so it was a big year for my dynasty team in terms of the rookie draft.

The Williams opt-out in KC made the first pick a lot easier, especially in ppr. Fourth pick, I would've been happy with either Dobbins or Swift, whoever was left.

I liked my receiver pick at 10 (Ruggs and Jefferson, along with Lamb and Jeudy, went ahead of me at WR) , and then moved up to 11 because I wanted to secure Burrow. He wouldn't have lasted until my 2.10 based on the history of my league. At the end of the draft (3 rounds), I was happy to get a good shot at one of the top tight ends in a good situation for the future.

1.04 RB D'Andre Swift
1.10 WR Jalen Reagor
1.11 QB Joe Burrow
3.10 TE Adam Trautman

Really like Swift, and Reagor where you got them. Can't really complain about going chalk with the 1.01 (although I'm less enthused with CEH in Dynasty).

I'm not really sure why Burrow is being selected in the 1st round of 1QB dynos. I'm assuming this is a 6pt TD/-4 INT league or some other QB heavy league?

Great White Shark

1.02 RB Jonathan Taylor
2.01 WR Tee Higgins
2.02 WR Brandon Aiyuk
2.06 WR Denzel Mims
2.12 WR Bryan Edwards

Looks pretty good to me. Draft positions are all aligned with the rookie draft I just did, except Edwards went at 2.04, so you got good value there.
Great White Shark
zuggyawesome wrote:
mobsters wrote:I had a lot of draft capital this season due to trades last year, so it was a big year for my dynasty team in terms of the rookie draft.

1.04 RB D'Andre Swift
1.10 WR Jalen Reagor
1.11 QB Joe Burrow
3.10 TE Adam Trautman

Really like Swift, and Reagor where you got them. Can't really complain about going chalk with the 1.01 (although I'm less enthused with CEH in Dynasty).

I'm not really sure why Burrow is being selected in the 1st round of 1QB dynos. I'm assuming this is a 6pt TD/-4 INT league or some other QB heavy league?

No, not really QB heavy. I'm pretty solid at all my other positions, plus still had young guys from last year at WR hoping to pan out (unfortunately Hurd is one of them, but this was before the injury). I could've gotten him in the mid-2nd, where the QBs usually go (after the top RBs and WRs are gone), but I had been dealing with the guy at 1.11 and new he was willing to trade out of that spot, so I went for it.

QBs are cheap as second-year players, so I can see how he develops and then still keep him next year for a very small amount of money, and won't have to worry about affecting cap space until his third season. People keep a lot of the younger, cheaper quarterbacks in this league and because of their low cost.
Supreme Megalodon
Adam Trautman at the 7.01 (mixed draft)
/boing

I'm a dude.