Are we just fooling ourselves?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,070.72
grace wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:

Clear message on the responsibility everyone has in the NFL’s COVID-19 world: Be an undrafted rookie and put the team at risk, suffer the consequences.

I can’t tell, but I will say it anyway, him being undrafted isn’t the issue.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,067.80
rugger48 wrote:
grace wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:

Clear message on the responsibility everyone has in the NFL’s COVID-19 world: Be an undrafted rookie and put the team at risk, suffer the consequences.

you think they'd do the same if it was russell wilson? I mean we know the Real Issue, but still he's only getting the hammer because he's a no name.

Funny how a few baseball players on CLE got caught sneaking out to party...nothing really happened to them.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,508.80

Both sent to the minors.

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,568.58
And if they stay down long enough then they will lose a year of service time.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,194.06
rugger48 wrote:
grace wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:

I'm saying in addition to breaking the written team rule, he broke the unwritten team rule: Rookies should be seen, not heard.

Coaches and team mates will put up with a fair amount of stupidity from veterans and stars (source: every diva WR ever). When you're a rookie, especially an undrafted one, you don't sneeze wrong, much less try to sneak in an unapproved visitor.

Like Killa Cam wrote, if Russel Wilson got caught trying to sneak his wife in, it would be like, "Oh wait, upon checking our list again, I see your wife IS on the approved list."
Megalodon
TheJayCutlers wrote:

Both sent to the minors.

nice, i didn't hear that. probably just a 10 day stint in minors with pay. Probably more because Plesac blamed the media instead of showing remorse.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:And if they stay down long enough then they will lose a year of service time.

you know that wont happen...

Supreme Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
OarChambo wrote:And if they stay down long enough then they will lose a year of service time.

you know that wont happen...

Probably not. The team was off Monday and Thursday, they're off again Monday, and they have a better 6th starter than most teams. The timing was right to send a message without damaging the rotation.

But I'm real curious about the temperature in that clubhouse. The team asked both of them to drive to Detroit Thursday. They had a team meeting. Then the next day they optioned both and told them to drive back to Cleveland. Francona's got his weaknesses, but he's excellent at maintaining his own house. He rarely says anything negative in public about the players on his team. He did about Plesac. And the last time he did they traded that starting pitcher the same week.

I think the most likely scenario has them back in the rotation after this road trip, but I wouldn't rule anything out.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,587.00
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:

Both sent to the minors.

nice, i didn't hear that. probably just a 10 day stint in minors with pay. Probably more because Plesac blamed the media instead of showing remorse.

MiLB is not playing this year as far as I can figure out. That means they are at home, thinking about how bad they screwed up
Great White Shark

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,536.08
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 37,032.26
The lack of players testing positive given how long they have been in camp is remarkable....never thought they'd be able to pull it off this well.

Certainly not a reason to get overconfident but most certainly a reason for continued optimism.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 590.61
Nine false positives in Chicago... make you wonder how many false tests there are nation/worldwide.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html
Supreme Megalodon
CornShute wrote:Nine false positives in Chicago... make you wonder how many false tests there are nation/worldwide.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html

From what I have gleaned false positives are common, negatives are not. And the false positives are from the quick test (whatever that means) and a more reliable test is administered to determine whether really positive or not. Problem is many dont have timely access to the second test.

Those that are more informed, fill in the gaps.
Great White Shark