Are we just fooling ourselves?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 128,100.10
endzoneview wrote: ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Broncos-Patriots game that was previously postponed is being moved to Week 6 on Sunday.
The game was initially moved to Monday of this week. That date was ultimately scrapped after New England returned another positive test result. The Patriots were slated to face San Francisco in Week 6 but that game will be moved to a week later in the season as well now. That could work in New England's favor, giving them extra time to prepare for the reigning Super Bowl runner-ups. The Broncos Week 6 match against the Dolphins will also get moved. Fantasy managers should keep all Broncos and Patriots players out of their starting lineups this week.

Wasn't home in time to make changes which sucks. What a crappy fuggin year! :evil:

2020 LOT Champion
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/11/ ... er-revolt/
postponing Patriots-Broncos to next Sunday was the only decision for the NFL to make if it wanted to avoid a player revolt.

A noticeable whiff of rebellion has been in the air this past week. With the Titans experiencing an outbreak that infected at least 24 people and the Patriots having to fly to Kansas City to play a game just two days after a significant portion of the team was exposed to Cam Newton, NFL players are starting to question the league’s protocols and the executives making the decisions.

The Patriots are upset they were forced to play last Monday night against Kansas City. The Broncos are upset they practiced all last week and won’t get a true bye week. The Titans have lost faith in the testing system. The Dolphins, Jets, Jaguars, and Chargers want to know why their schedules were likely blown up by a Patriots-Broncos game that had nothing to do with them.

The Patriots took several extra precautions in their trip to Kansas City: They flew there the day of the game; they put the 20 people exposed to Newton on a separate plane and distanced them; Bill Belichick wore two masks during the game.

Yet playing the game just two days after 20 people were exposed to Newton was madness, especially considering that the Titans’ outbreak was possibly aided by a plane trip to Minnesota.

Despite the precautions, the Patriots were still crammed together in a small visitors’ locker room, in which the only modification was plexiglass shields in between the stalls. The Patriots were still breathing all over each other all day. Who knows how many players had the virus incubating in their system that night?

“If you get a chance to talk to the NFL or the NFLPA, we would greatly appreciate you bringing up that point and letting them know,” McCourty said. “[Those] were the same questions we were asking our union before we headed out there. But you guys saw, we took off, and we played in the game, and we came back.”
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,687.16
StICk TO SpOrTs

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,385.39
Non fantasy football folks have very few issues with the scheduling changes and think they make sense.

I sometimes think we're the ones making more of this and maybe feeling inconvenienced perhaps and probably got too confident on things being normal this year.

Got out of bed on the pragmatic side today. :lol:

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,570.90
jesteva wrote:Non fantasy football folks have very few issues with the scheduling changes and think they make sense.

I sometimes think we're the ones making more of this and maybe feeling inconvenienced perhaps and probably got too confident on things being normal this year.

I pretty much checked out around lunch time Thursday until sometime late Sunday morning. From our perspective, this really isn't all that stressful as long as you aren't trying to adjust for every single piece of news that comes out. I think this can only be a stressor for those tasked with actually preparing for and playing in games. It's just a matter of how each of us approaches it.

Embrace the chaos.
Sand$: 40,665.95
If the Jets were good and were going to be in the playoff hunt, I'd be crying about the scheduling flipping that forces them to make three west coats trips in 5 games. But they aren't so I won't.

As far as fantasy, as Oar said, embrace the chaos. You can't plan ahead if the league can't.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,018.36
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-mee ... 18-scenari

Another possible scenario, hopefully not necessary.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
Sand$: 40,665.95
The NFL has tightened its "close-contact exposure" COVID-19 rules, saying any player or staff member with close contact with a positive individual must "be isolated for at least five days, even if the person is negative and remains asymptomatic."

As NFL Network's Tom Pelissero lays out, this means "if a player tests positive for COVID-19 after Tuesday during a game week, that player and all 'high risk' close contacts would miss at least one game and potentially more based on testing, symptoms, etc." You could argue the NFL's more stringent rules should have been implemented much earlier, but the league has stopped messing around since its Titans disaster. These rules closely reflect CDC guidelines for the general public. This could come into play with the Chiefs this week after Anthony Sherman was placed on the COVID-19 list Tuesday, though Sherman himself is not positive after close contact with a positive individual. If Sherman eventually goes positive, however, all his close contacts based on contact tracing would then be ineligible for Monday's game against the Bills.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,653.12
jesteva wrote:Non fantasy football folks have very few issues with the scheduling changes and think they make sense.

What part of 'player revolt' did you not understand?

Or did you assume it was fantasy players?

But sure, they are getting paid lots of money so they should suck it up for our entertainment and continue to put their bodies on the line for our enjoyment while also having their routines disrupted and risking exposure to a serious illness.

I've said all along I thought it would have been better for the NFL to just cancel this season, or bubble it, or drastically shorten it, or literally anything besides pretending that business as usual would just work out. I never expected that to happen because the only thing the league really cares about is the money.

I wonder how many more players would opt out of the season if that were an option for them now. Maybe fewer than I think, but more than zero.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,341.53
Outbreak at the Falcons facility. We’ll see where this goes, but it would certainly kill the bulk of my teams.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,165.50
Falcons play Vikings. Sure glad I just burned my waiver on Mattison :/
Sand$: 21,649.92
NautArch wrote:Falcons play Vikings. Sure glad I just burned my waiver on Mattison :/

Yep

Covid is really starting to piss me off
Great White Shark

deep breath for everyone. wait and see what happens in the next couple days. might get another Tuesday night football out of this.

Great White Shark
Griffimo wrote:

deep breath for everyone. wait and see what happens in the next couple days. might get another Tuesday night football out of this.