Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,100.12
sctroyfan wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Another year of fantasy, another year where there's no way I'm drafting a QB before round 8.

No one should be surprised if someone in tier 8 has a top 7 finish.

One thing I'll note with Daniel Jones: A lot of people are glossing over the coaching change from Pat Shurmur to Jason Garrett. It's not an especially talented offense, and I suspect Garrett will run a much more conservative, run based attack than the one Jones ran last season. I will own Jones in 0 leagues at his current ADP

I think this was SHurmurs plan also but that line couldn't open any lanes for Barkley. Not sure what they've done to address those issues.

Saquon suffered a HAS week 3, (arguably) rushed back too soon, never really got near full strength, and didn't do much of consequence until the final 3 games of the season. I actively avoided all things Giants in 2019 and as a result rarely watched, but they have a lot of capital sunk into the line and PFF graded it as average. I'd need a real compelling argument to believe the offensive woes last year were because of them and not...everything else.
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,411.90
crazy how far Baker Mayfield dropped...he's was the man last year before the draft. Everyone wanted him...now he's below Daniel Jones :twisted: . No Love?

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,309.88
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 41,722.14
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:crazy how far Baker Mayfield dropped...he's was the man last year before the draft. Everyone wanted him...now he's below Daniel Jones :twisted: . No Love?

If Stefanski adheres to his Minnesota philosophy, I think Baker would be in line for a "better" season that may not be super useful for fantasy based on volume.

The offense seems built for Nick Chubb, and they have a solid defense that should suppress Baker's upside a bit.

With that said, there's not a massive difference between QB17 or QB24 on these lists.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
Lots of reasons to expect both a bounce back, but also it not leading to startable production in our game for Baker.

Here's one thread detailing why to expect a bounce back

Couple notes adding context to the INT's

But even if he has positive regression I think it's important to note what the Browns have done this offseason:

*Added a FB
*Replaced Demetrius Harris with Austin Hooper
*Added two new starting OT's - one in free agency, the other with pick #10 of the draft
*Then consider...

and

Tl;dr - expect more heavy sets with an emphasis on outside zone/toss and play action. It should be more efficient, but I'm skeptical of the volume and he doesn't run enough. If you're betting on the Mayfield this year then I think you need to bet on both all of the above happening and the Browns defense sucking enough to force the volume. Since his pricetag right now compares to Jones I can't imagine I'm buying.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 44,728.92
And we don't know if we've seen Stefanski's offense yet or if we saw Zim/Kubiak influenced offense from Stefanski.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,505.24
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:crazy how far Baker Mayfield dropped...he's was the man last year before the draft. Everyone wanted him...now he's below Daniel Jones :twisted: . No Love?

Hates gone too far on him. His height and lack of athleticism was always going to require a decent line (especially tackles) or at least a well developed screen game.

They botched the line last season, and have invested heavily into it this season. He’s a strong bounce-back candidate for 2020, but this improvement might not be seen in fantasy as they move to a more ground based attack

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
With Cam in NE now, I'd be very comfortable putting him in the 14-20 range.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
FantasyHussy wrote:With Cam in NE now, I'd be very comfortable putting him in the 14-20 range.

I will be very surprised if he is available that late a month from now. But if he is then I'll start preparing accordingly.
Supreme Megalodon
Yeah I just plugged in some projections for him and I think that range is ambitious. Realistically, he should be viewed similarly to Josh Allen (my QB7)

I'm a dude.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,505.24
FantasyHussy wrote:Yeah I just plugged in some projections for him and I think that range is ambitious. Realistically, he should be viewed similarly to Josh Allen (my QB7)

:Drink)

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 594.34
zuggyawesome wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:Yeah I just plugged in some projections for him and I think that range is ambitious. Realistically, he should be viewed similarly to Josh Allen (my QB7)

:Drink)

Yes - what have you been drinking :lol:

Too many X factors with Cam to fairly grade him - need to see his health in the preseason. I might take a shot at him if I go QBBC and he is still a value pick and is declared the starter. I disagree with the sentiment that the Pats brought him in to be the #2 QB but I can also think there is validity to the scenario that they cut him before the start of the season if he doesn't fit in. That being said I think the coaching staff will bend over backwards to make the offense work around him.
Supreme Megalodon
Unless Cam is completely immobile now, his 2018 rushing totals - 500 and 4 - seem reasonable.

If that's the case, he can still have below-average passing efficiency and be a QB1. Which is what he's done his whole career. Now he's got Josh McDaniels and a pretty strong OL. Their receiving options aren't great, but again, he's regularly been a top 5 fantasy QB in spite of that his whole career.

I'm a dude.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 594.34
FantasyHussy wrote:Unless Cam is completely immobile now, his 2018 rushing totals - 500 and 4 - seem reasonable.

If that's the case, he can still have below-average passing efficiency and be a QB1. Which is what he's done his whole career. Now he's got Josh McDaniels and a pretty strong OL. Their receiving options aren't great, but again, he's regularly been a top 5 fantasy QB in spite of that his whole career.

I agree 100% with everything except the O Line being good. I think they are average at best and Brady seemed to be under a ton of pressure towards the end of the season. The X factor is his health. He still has to learn the offense as well - I know they will adapt it to his strengths.

If he is the starter I would love to have him in by QBBC because of his upside.
Supreme Megalodon
yoman wrote:need to see his health in the preseason.

Who wants to tell him the bad news?