Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,751.12
I didn't see a thread yet this year about how to watch games. Usually there's at least one about Sunday Ticket vs. streaming, etc.

With COVID making my life very boring, I'm thinking about ponying up the $ for Sunday Ticket this year. I've never had it before. I can also justify the expense a little bit more this year since I'm NOT spending $$ on things I normally would like going out to concerts or travel.

I checked and I'm a "candidate" for the online streaming version of Sunday Ticket (I guess because I don't have DirectTV already and don't really want it).

Has anyone had this before? Is is just as good / the same as the DirectTV version?

I'm a little unclear on the cancellation policy. The only thing I'm worried about from an expense stand point is if COVID gets way out of hand and we end up with just half a season or something.

" Subscription cannot be downgraded or canceled (in part or in whole) after the start of the season and subscription fees cannot be refunded.To cancel online, visit the "My Billing Information" page on the site, click "Cancel Account," and follow the cancellation instructions. "

That makes it sound like even if you pay monthly (vs. all upfront) it's not a "cancel any time" deal like most other streaming services...

Also what is this?

Short Cuts: see whole games, commercial free, in 30 minutes

In one place it makes it sound like you can only access one game at a time, but is this saying I can watch little 30 minute recaps of all Sunday afternoon games (excluding local market, of course) at any time I want?

What is everyone else doing? I've cut the cord, and I've dealt with the headache of rabbit ears for years without much success (I live in a small valley where getting clear reception is a headache). Plus I don't even like my local teams much anyway.

I HATE NFL TV deals.... between NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, and NFL Network you'd have to subscribe to like 5 streamers to get all the games.

Is there a service out there I'm missing that has ALL the games?

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,317.84
Just get Redzone.
Best for fantasy updates while spending Sunday on the couch.
Yeah, you don’t get the luxury of picking a game and sticking to it.
If you want to watch a whole game, you can watch it Tuesday on game pass.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Redzone doesn't appear to have a stand alone option, so won't work for a cord-cutter like me. Unless I'm missing something?

I'm a dudette. Image
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,067.80
i use this gambling site called 5dimes.eu . they usually have a live stream on the games. I haven't used them for football yet but they've been having nba games and baseball so im pretty sure they will have football. Im counting on it. You have to make an account but it only takes a few mins...

I also use Vipboxe.com/live to stream but it's tricky to use at times.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 3,132.16
I forgot to turn of auto renew for ticket and just got charged. I am debating on canceling it and just keeping the red zone I purchased for 5 bucks a month with the tech package upon moving into a new apartment in july.

I been buying ticket last 3 yrs because redzone wasn't an option where I was living.

I kinda like watching full games tho. So, I am torn

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:i use this gambling site called 5dimes.eu . they usually have a live stream on the games. I haven't used them for football yet but they've been having nba games and baseball so im pretty sure they will have football. Im counting on it. You have to make an account but it only takes a few mins...

I also use Vipboxe.com/live to stream but it's tricky to use at times.

I’ve got a five dimes account. Haven’t noticed nfl games stream in the past. Would be great if they did this year.

Great White Shark
bunnywafer wrote:Redzone doesn't appear to have a stand alone option, so won't work for a cord-cutter like me. Unless I'm missing something?

I’ve gotten redzone for free for a while now since Raider season ticket holders get it as a bonus. Might be the same with other teams season tix holders.

Streamed it through my phone.
And I’m a cord cutter too. Last 3 years.
But I will get redzone in a streaming package this year. In the past, I’ve seen the stream packs including redzone for an affordable price. Nowhere near the hundreds of dollars that Ticket costs.

Great White Shark
Well I've done some looking around. In the past, you could get NFL Network / RedZone streaming through Sling TV, but not this year. Also in the past you could pay $35/mo to get RedZone on your phone, does not appear to be an option this year.

This is the other thing I find infinitely annoying. All this changes every year.

I'm a dudette. Image
Megalodon
Sand$: 145,194.99
It'll all change again soon I think. I doubt Directv is even around 2 years from now.

Great White Shark
Looks like Fubo for $85/mo is the only option for NFL RedZone for cord cutters this year. At least you can cancel any time, which it looks like you can't do with Sunday Ticket. And it also comes with a ton of other channels......

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
Good info. Thanks bunny

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,944.90
Makes sense. 2020 has been Fubo so far

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Great White Shark
Update if anyone cares. NFL Network is now available on YouTubeTV and RedZone is available via an add on.

Has anyone seen any news on if the NFL has suspended the blackout rules again for this year? I wasn't able to find anything, but if there's any year that desperately needs it, it's this year... no one is going to sell out stadiums this year, are they?

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,944.90
bunnywafer wrote:Update if anyone cares. NFL Network is now available on YouTubeTV and RedZone is available via an add on.

Has anyone seen any news on if the NFL has suspended the blackout rules again for this year? I wasn't able to find anything, but if there's any year that desperately needs it, it's this year... no one is going to sell out stadiums this year, are they?

I couldn’t find this thread but yes - huge news as I have YouTube TV (and love it). Very excited about this!

It’s $10 add on for NFL RedZone and several other sports channels.

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Blue Shark
Sand$: 642.18
Just added youtube tv \:D/