Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,944.90
Ramfanatic44 wrote:Just added youtube tv \:D/

You’ll love it. Best interface in the game. Hulu is trash. (Tried both for 1 month) Unfortunately YTV raised their prices but still less than Directv and way better.

Legit only thing I miss is the “previous/last channel” button, and I’m sure that’ll be added w/ some software update.

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,720.72
I did the ST To Go last season, but I somehow managed to get it for free (not intentionally, but they never charged me, so oh well).

Anyway, I look at it as saving money once my Bears backers bar moved from down the block from me to a place about 5 miles away. I save on Uber and beer and wings beyond what this will cost me for the season.

I had your same worry about the season getting interrupted and being hosed out of the $ (assuming they actually charge me this season?).

I just opt for the package w/o RZ channel because I can add that to my TV package for $5/mo. for the season, so it's only $20 total investment. This enables be to watch full Bears games through the ST app on my "main" screen, put RZ on one of the peripheral screens, and just turn on whatever 1:00pm game(s) are on CBS/FOX on screen 3.

EDIT: Yep. I basically have a sports bar in my basement. :D
Last edited by ross3650 on Sun 09.06.2020, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,720.72
Also, when I debated what (if any streaming service) I could use, someone mentioned $85/mo just to have NFLN and RZC???, and here I'm paying $75/mo to get to watch the full game I actually want to.

As to Bunny's other question (short cuts) basically, after the games are complete, you can watch the 30 minute version whenever.

I've also had DTV in the past and gotten the ticket free, and I don't notice a difference versus the app version I used last year, as again, I'm just watching Bears games and then RZC through my cable for everything else.

I'm with Scoot though. I'd really like to see this be made available beyond the DTV exclusivity BS.

Megalodon
Sand$: 145,194.99
Just made my yearly call tonight. Here's the blueprint:

- Call 800directv. When prompted for reason of call say "cancel service" When asked if it's because you are moving be sure to say no. You will be automatically be redirected to loyalty dept.
- They will ask you how they can help. At this point I didn't even mention cancelling service. I just said I was looking to get some help with the price of Ticket. What kind of deal can you offer me on Ticket Max?
- With no other prompting they offered me $16.50 per month of Ticket Max. ($99) Then he also offered $20 off my entire cable package for 12 months.($240)
- So just that easily i got $339 in savings. Ticket Max costs $390. Basically I'm paying $50 for it this year. No contract, no strings attached.
- If this isn't good enough and you truly are willing to cancel you will get it for free. I did last year. But normally I just want a discount to take the edge off it. I'm not looking for freebies.

It couldn't be easier and everyone of you with Directv should be doing it. I'm not the type that likes to haggle either. So if this is you, have no fear. It is so easy and you'll wonder why you never did before. Just make sure you do it before the season starts or you are locked in.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,550.50
Didn't have to use your Ayatollah of RocknRolla voice?

Might look into that YouTube thing, would be nice to not have to get another app

Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,751.12
I'm still seriously considering just biting the bullet and getting Sunday Ticket, BUT I discovered something fun last night...

This might work for some of you if you are only really interested in one out-of-market team, and if most of their games are on one network. For me I'm interested in the Bengals, and the majority of their games are on CBS.

I was able to trick Chrome into thinking I am in Cincinnati. So when I go to CBS All Access in Chrome, it now streams the Cincy CBS station, instead of the D.C. one. The yucky thing is I'm confined to the browser unless I sling/mirror/duplicate my screen on the TV (which is easy enough, but then the sound comes just from the computer)....

.....another possible option would be if I wanted to pay for either a VPN or a SmartDNS service I could probably do this on the Roku too. But most people use VPNs to change their country, not their city, and I'm unclear if I could change my city to Cincinnati. OR, I might be able to trick my router into a different location, but I haven't bothered to dig into those settings yet.

You can have 2 streams with CBS All Access, so I could always put the stupid local Football Team on the TV and watch the Bengals in the browser....

I'm a dudette. Image
Megalodon
bunnywafer wrote:I'm still seriously considering just biting the bullet and getting Sunday Ticket, BUT I discovered something fun last night...

This might work for some of you if you are only really interested in one out-of-market team, and if most of their games are on one network. For me I'm interested in the Bengals, and the majority of their games are on CBS.

I was able to trick Chrome into thinking I am in Cincinnati. So when I go to CBS All Access in Chrome, it now streams the Cincy CBS station, instead of the D.C. one. The yucky thing is I'm confined to the browser unless I sling/mirror/duplicate my screen on the TV (which is easy enough, but then the sound comes just from the computer)....

.....another possible option would be if I wanted to pay for either a VPN or a SmartDNS service I could probably do this on the Roku too. But most people use VPNs to change their country, not their city, and I'm unclear if I could change my city to Cincinnati. OR, I might be able to trick my router into a different location, but I haven't bothered to dig into those settings yet.

You can have 2 streams with CBS All Access, so I could always put the stupid local Football Team on the TV and watch the Bengals in the browser....

Call them. Don't pay full price. You won't regret it.

Great White Shark
scootm44 wrote:Call them. Don't pay full price. You won't regret it.

I thought about it, but I don't have DirecTV, and I'm not planning to get it. I would be getting the stand-alone streaming product. I kind of think they won't be willing to play ball with someone who isn't an existing customer, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try.....

I'm a dudette. Image
Megalodon
bunnywafer wrote:
scootm44 wrote:Call them. Don't pay full price. You won't regret it.

I thought about it, but I don't have DirecTV, and I'm not planning to get it. I would be getting the stand-alone streaming product. I kind of think they won't be willing to play ball with someone who isn't an existing customer, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try.....

Oh sorry. I thought you already had Directv.

Megalodon
Sand$: 24,067.80
Cadence calls wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:i use this gambling site called 5dimes.eu . they usually have a live stream on the games. I haven't used them for football yet but they've been having nba games and baseball so im pretty sure they will have football. Im counting on it. You have to make an account but it only takes a few mins...

I also use Vipboxe.com/live to stream but it's tricky to use at times.

I’ve got a five dimes account. Haven’t noticed nfl games stream in the past. Would be great if they did this year.

the games are on live streams. i can view every game right now. free.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,487.93
bunnywafer wrote:Redzone doesn't appear to have a stand alone option, so won't work for a cord-cutter like me. Unless I'm missing something?

Sign up for Sling tv.... like $40 a month including Redzone and you can cancel anytime. I get if for the season and cancel it at the end. Lots of other good stuff on Sling as well. It’s good value if you’re looking for Redzone

Edit: see below. My advice is outdated.... Sling dropped Redzone this year
Last edited by canadianraiderfan on Sun 09.13.2020, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Great White Shark
bunnywafer wrote:Well I've done some looking around. In the past, you could get NFL Network / RedZone streaming through Sling TV, but not this year. Also in the past you could pay $35/mo to get RedZone on your phone, does not appear to be an option this year.

This is the other thing I find infinitely annoying. All this changes every year.

Did they drop Redzone from Sling??? That’s how I got it last year.... I didn’t sign up this year cuz I get it at our cottage in the US and with covid it’s hard to get there due to the border closure

Great White Shark
canadianraiderfan wrote:
bunnywafer wrote:Well I've done some looking around. In the past, you could get NFL Network / RedZone streaming through Sling TV, but not this year. Also in the past you could pay $35/mo to get RedZone on your phone, does not appear to be an option this year.

This is the other thing I find infinitely annoying. All this changes every year.

Did they drop Redzone from Sling??? That’s how I got it last year.... I didn’t sign up this year cuz I get it at our cottage in the US and with covid it’s hard to get there due to the border closure

Yes, they dropped it. The only way to get RedZone this year without cable is through Fubo or YouTubeTV.

And last week, as I wrote, I was able to trick Chrome into thinking I am in Cincy, so when I accessed CBS All Access I got the local Cincy CBS station, and I was thinking I could watch the Bengals game that way. But somehow, for some reason it's not working this AM, even though I am doing the exact same thing I did before. :evil:

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
I signed for Fubo’s free 7 dat trial a couple weeks ago to catch a few NHL playoff games. Their live sports is good but I hated the rest of it. And for $65 a month I said no and cancelled at the end of the trial

Great White Shark
canadianraiderfan wrote:I signed for Fubo’s free 7 dat trial a couple weeks ago to catch a few NHL playoff games. Their live sports is good but I hated the rest of it. And for $65 a month I said no and cancelled at the end of the trial

I plan to sign up for the free trial so I can watch the Bengals/Browns TNF game, and then I will cancel before the free trial is over, because basically every other TNF game will be on Amazon Prime.

I'm a dudette. Image