Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,881.28
jesteva wrote:They wanted to get rid of Fournette all along and this just increases Jacksonville of upping its chances for the Trevor Lawrence 1.01 sweepstakes, either to draft him or trade the pick for a haul if Minshew actually works out.

If they were tanking I think they would have kept him
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 329.96
Chris Thompson ++ ROS
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,405.48
hankrip wrote:
jesteva wrote:They wanted to get rid of Fournette all along and this just increases Jacksonville of upping its chances for the Trevor Lawrence 1.01 sweepstakes, either to draft him or trade the pick for a haul if Minshew actually works out.

If they were tanking I think they would have kept him

:lol:

It's true though. Agree with your call on Viska too - just skeptical about it being something playable early this year.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,456.18
For what it's worth, Jay Gruden Offenses RB ( Carries/ Rec) by year. So someone in this backfield is getting 200+ touches but who ? :-k

'11-C. Benson (273/15)
'12- B. G-Ellis (278/22)
'13- B. G-Ellis (220/4)
'14-A. Morris (265/17)
'15- A. Morris ( 202/10)
'`16- R. Kelley (168/12)
'17- S. Perrine (175/22)
'18- AP (251/20)
'19- AP (211/17)
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,270.16
Since he'll be cheap- some suggestions from @GMFB could be as a highend back up or 1b in places like KC, SEA

Why not NE?

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,558.15
He makes sense for a team that's competing for a title this year and needs / wants a quality back up on a cheap one year prove it deal.

Dallas and Minnesota would be my most likely candidates. Longshots would be Arizona and Houston.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,405.48
jesteva wrote:He makes sense for a team that's competing for a title this year and needs / wants a quality back up on a cheap one year prove it deal.

Dallas and Minnesota would be my most likely candidates. Longshots would be Arizona and Houston.

I could definitely see BoB foaming at the mouth over the possibility of adding him, especially for 2 particular games this season. But he'd be no better than the 3rd best back on any of those other teams and I can't imagine he's interested in signing on for that.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,850.08
Other than Devonta Freeman, are there any other RBs on the market even worth talking about?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 39,821.80
jesteva wrote:He makes sense for a team that's competing for a title this year and needs / wants a quality back up on a cheap one year prove it deal.

Absent Reiff taking a pay cut or getting cut outright, the Vikings are currently at 1.2M in cap space and are not a super bowl contender this season.
Great White Shark
Here's my pool of potential landing spots. I'm just thinking, these teams have some level of question marks at their RB position. Enough to hopefully at least ask themselves, where would/could Fournette (or Freeman for that matter) fit in our depth chart.

Chicago, Tampa Bay, New England, NY Jets, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Houston, Washington

Some real reaches there, but I gotta figure he plays for somebody this season.

You know who could use a starting RB? Jacksonville...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,558.15
TheJayCutlers wrote:and are not a super bowl contender this season.

You playing the reverse jinx card? :wink:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,269.00
mikeraphon wrote:Here's my pool of potential landing spots. I'm just thinking, these teams have some level of question marks at their RB position. Enough to hopefully at least ask themselves, where would/could Fournette (or Freeman for that matter) fit in our depth chart.

Chicago, Tampa Bay, New England, NY Jets, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Houston, Washington

Tampa and Pitt both have 4 rbs on the roster that I don’t think they are cutting.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 39,821.80
jesteva wrote:
TheJayCutlers wrote:and are not a super bowl contender this season.

You playing the reverse jinx card? :wink:

brand new secondary, questionable offensive line. they feel like a 6 or 7 win team.
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:
mikeraphon wrote:Here's my pool of potential landing spots. I'm just thinking, these teams have some level of question marks at their RB position. Enough to hopefully at least ask themselves, where would/could Fournette (or Freeman for that matter) fit in our depth chart.

Tampa and Pitt both have 4 rbs on the roster that I don’t think they are cutting.

Yeah, definite reaches on my part. Just speculatin'
Sand$: 42,202.29
I'm not sure what team needs a malcontent locker room cancer that doesn't love football but if there is one, they can't wait for him to clear waivers.